PS3 Asks Me to Reset Date & Time Every Time I turn It On

sepheroithisgod

• 1 year later...

This happened to me. I stopped playing PS3 for like 3 weeks, and know each time I turn on my PS3 it asks me for the date and hour. Hiw can I fix it? Or can I continue wih my PS3 if I dont want to replace thr battery? Or is it neccesary? It is fine for me to sign in always in PSN to get the date and hour and dont mess the timestamps

4 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

This happened to me. I stopped playing PS3 for like 3 weeks, and know each time I turn on my PS3 it asks me for the date and hour. Hiw can I fix it? Or can I continue wih my PS3 if I dont want to replace thr battery? Or is it neccesary? It is fine for me to sign in always in PSN to get the date and hour and dont mess the timestamps

The battery being dead only affects timestamps and accessing digital content. If you are able to connect to PSN each time, you can keep using it without replacing the CR2032 (https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+3+PRAM+Battery+Replacement/3490) without any repercussions.

Yeah, sounds like your CMOS died. Will have to change it

6 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

I actually initialized my PS3 not too long ago to do... something.

So when it was done, it's internal clock was not synchronized, so timestamps weren't working and all.

When I logged onto PSN, it automatically synced fine, so as long as you sync it online once every time you boot it up, you shouldn't have an issue I think

Does this affect my save files of some games that I already platted? I mean, sometimes I play some of my old games for fun, and some save files have time and date. Does it affect something? Or can I play them without time and date in my console

Just now, Pottercito_ said:

Does this affect my save files of some games that I already platted? I mean, sometimes I play some of my old games for fun, and some save files have time and date. Does it affect something? Or can I play them without time and date in my console

A dead battery should have no effect on your local save files. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

It won't affect your save files. Depending on the model ps3 you have, it can either be incredibly easy, or a pain in the butt to replace the battery

• Like 1