List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

It came out recently that the localisation of The House in Fata Morgana translates "tsundere" to "fragile male ego", a common insult used by feminists against people who don't agree with their ideology. I haven't played the game yet, so maybe it's not as unfaithful to the original Japanese dialogue as it sounds when taken out of context, but I still feel like it's worth putting on the list so people can come to their own conclusions about it.

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/05/04/the-house-in-fata-morgana-western-release-tsundere-fragile-male-ego/

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

A heavily censored version of Red Dead Redemption 2 is releasing next month in Saudi Arabia

Okay, I've added it to the list.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Also, has there been any word on if the Destroy all Humans remake will be censored?

I'm not familiar with the original game, so I can't say for sure, but it doesn't seem like the kind of game that would have content worth censoring in the first place.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

It came out recently that the localisation of The House in Fata Morgana translates "tsundere" to "fragile male ego", a common insult used by feminists against people who don't agree with their ideology. I haven't played the game yet, so maybe it's not as unfaithful to the original Japanese dialogue as it sounds when taken out of context, but I still feel like it's worth putting on the list so people can come to their own conclusions about it.

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/05/04/the-house-in-fata-morgana-western-release-tsundere-fragile-male-ego/

I'm not familiar with the original game, so I can't say for sure, but it doesn't seem like the kind of game that would have content worth censoring in the first place.

In the original games, the majority of the jokes were laced with PG-13/School playground level innuendo so nothing I would classify as triggering but who knows these days what will annoy the censors. I've had a quick look round the net and not found anything so fingers crossed it stays that way :).

On 06/05/2020 at 7:11 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I cant see why the first destroy all humans would need to be censored , the second one maybe but not the first. 

28 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nothing I've heard suggests that it'll get censored. I mean let's be real, Sony aren't brave enough to try and censor a highly anticipated mainstream game like Cyberpunk because there would be a huge amount of backlash. They would rather pick on the easy targets, AKA niche Japanese "anime" games. That's the whole reason why their worldwide censorship policy was created in the first place. They clearly have double-standard when it comes to this stuff.

It's also amusing to see many of these sites praise Cyberpunk for its genital customisation when they're the same people who get outraged over boob sliders in Japanese games.

It's a very saints row type thing to add in and I agree that theres some double standards going on.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

Ghost of a Tale, the word "Scrunt" don't have a description, when you press :triangle: the description only refer it as too rude to be described 1f602.png

though I don't know maybe that was intentional for the humor.

Sounds like a joke to me, never played the game though.

• 3 weeks later...

@fenrir54565 It would be very strange if that image from The Betrayal of Jimmy DLC was censored in the west since the Playboy magazines are still in the game without any censorship from what I understand. I'll keep my eye out over the coming days to see if there are any other sources that confirm this. Maybe it's just the Japanese version? I'll go with that assumption for now because I know nudity was removed from that version on PS3.

As for the cutscene change, that's also a strange one. I mean even in the original version of the game, you couldn't really see the knife incision very well either, so I wonder what the purpose of the zoomed in camera was. I've compared the two scenes side by side, and honesty, I'm starting to think the change was probably a side effect of the dev's poor remaster job more than an intentional change. I'll still put it on the list though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The upcoming PS4 version of Aokana - Four Rhythms Across the Blue will be censored due to Sony's censorship policy.

The Switch version will not be altered, as is the already released Steam version.

The Switch version it is then. The sooner these companies realise that Sony is not their friend and permanently move their games over to the Switch and PC, the better it will be for everyone.

• Like 2

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/aokana-four-rhythms-across-the-blue-for-ps4-has-four-modified-scenes-three-removed-scenes-in-the-west

Telling that they are actively stating they’ve dropped the PS4 physically release as they anticipate significantly reduced interest when people hear the game is censored.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...