List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

I've got an update for you on the Guilty Gear: Strive situation. Apparently, the removed references I mentioned a few days ago were taken out post-launch via a recent patch so removing that update will allow you to see the bios as they were originally: https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/06/25/guilty-gear-strive-update-removes-references-to-taiwan-tibet-and-uyghur-region-from-in-game-story-archives/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I've got an update for you on the Guilty Gear: Strive situation. Apparently, the removed references I mentioned a few days ago were taken out post-launch via a recent patch so removing that update will allow you to see the bios as they were originally: https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/06/25/guilty-gear-strive-update-removes-references-to-taiwan-tibet-and-uyghur-region-from-in-game-story-archives/

I appreciate the update. I've added the info about it being changed via a patch to the entry.

• Like 3

Hi again!

I wanted to add something more to the Witcher 3 censorship. The Japanese version also toned down gore.

Also one other thing: the Middle Eastern version is also censored in both categories (nudity and gore).

https://censorship.wikia.org/wiki/Witcher_3

Somebody told me the GOTY edition of Witcher 3 was released uncensored in the Middle East, but I don't have access to that version, so I can't confirm it. I only have the normal version and it's censored. Will update on that matter when I had access to the ME GOTY edition.

Thank you very much!

Edited by venom_sina
Cleaned up some mess :)
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

For anyone interested in picking up Neo: The World Ends with You later this month, be aware that in the English version, the translators have taken it upon themselves to bash capitalism when no such dialogue existed in the original Japanese version. This is just from the demo too, so it's likely that they will have inserted even more of their political opinions in the full game.

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/07/05/neo-the-world-ends-with-you-changes-translation-to-bash-capitalism/

Well, that's another game I was looking forward to which I now won't be buying - thanks for nothing Twitter ?!

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, Cosmokeeper said:

The only things that should be banned are weak-minded Twitter virtue signal activists screaming at developers and publishers to change games based on their worthless social justice agendas!

you do realize the games belong to the company to do with as they see fit ?

• Like 2

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection PS4 R3 Eng Asia version, 2011 release.

The PS4 R3 Eng Asia versions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 have no decapitations even after installing the latest updates (1.02 for both games).

My videos:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LBR42YDqxI

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - https://youtu.be/jl4bmLWX0tQ

So for those who wanted to buy the collection, I suggest that you get the PS4 R1 US digital version instead of the R3 Eng Asia digital/physical versions.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ChaosRaiden999 said:

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection PS4 R3 Eng Asia version, 2011 release.

The PS4 R3 Eng Asia versions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 have no decapitations even after installing the latest updates (1.02 for both games).

My videos:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LBR42YDqxI

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - https://youtu.be/jl4bmLWX0tQ

So for those who wanted to buy the collection, I suggest that you get the PS4 R1 US digital version instead of the R3 Eng Asia digital/physical versions.

Thanks for the info and for providing those videos. I've added them as sources in the Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection entry.

32 minutes ago, JustOneStingray said:

Might want to add ddlc plus to the list. Sony has decided that red blood is just too unslightly so it was randomly changed to black. Can't roll my eyes hard enough on this one.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I didn't expect DDLC to be censored on PlayStation since it's not the kind of VN with ecchi content that Sony typically frowns upon. I'm confused why they thought *this* was too violent for their platform when there are far more gruesome scenes in other games, even in first party titles, but Sony's hypocrisy when it comes to what they do and don't allow is well known at this point.

For anyone interested, you can find the scene comparison HERE, but do be warned that it contains spoilers. I've added it to the list along with a (spoiler free) statement I found from the developer.

http://teamsalvato.com/blog/about-censorship/

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

So Demon Gaze EXTRA will release both in Switch and PS4. I'm surprised, while it originally released for the Vita, there's plenty of cases of both franchises and re-editions leaving PS after their stupid new policies. Demon Gaze had loli characters in very revealing outfits, bath scenes and such. I'd like to know how the future of PS games looks like to stop giving them all my money for multi-platforms if they keep doing this, but then I see news like these and I get confused.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YonahFuriae said:

So Demon Gaze EXTRA will release both in Switch and PS4. I'm surprised, while it originally released for the Vita, there's plenty of cases of both franchises and re-editions leaving PS after their stupid new policies. Demon Gaze had loli characters in very revealing outfits, bath scenes and such. I'd like to know how the future of PS games looks like to stop giving them all my money for multi-platforms if they keep doing this, but then I see news like these and I get confused.

It's worth noting that Demon Gaze EXTRA isn't being made by the original developers. It seems more like a cheap cash-in to me. I've seen mention of new artwork, so it wouldn't surprise me if the ecchi content present in the original was toned down.

10 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

That's an odd but negligible change. I wonder if it was due to them not wanting to make a different release for both Europe and North America like how Tales of Berseria was altered due to european standards but they kept it the same for the NA release.

I wouldn't call it a negligible change since it reduces the impact for one of the most shocking scenes in the game. A game that already has a trigger warning upon boot-up I might add, so toning things down like this just seems completely unnecessary. And it's not comparable to the Tales of Berseria situation because the scene in that game was toned down to reduce the game's age rating. DDLC has an 18+/Mature rating on all platforms, including on PS4/PS5, but it's only the PlayStation versions that were censored. This was very much a change forced upon them by Sony.

• Like 2

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

I'm not all that sure about that, Europe has a bunch of strange rules when it comes to kids being harmed in media. Like even stuff that's considered for an older age group, it will still get removed because it's too large a line to cross over there.

Okay, but the game released on Switch and Xbox in Europe with the original scene intact, so this particular situation has nothing to do with Europe's rules.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Both of those systems don't have as large a presence in Europe though and I don't think there's footage of the same scene in the EU versions on the other systems yet. They'll drag a company in front of a bunch of government legislators if it's something they'll catch wind of. It's exactly the kind of move you would do to avoid something like that.

Nintendo and Xbox aren't some obscure platforms nobody's ever heard of in Europe lol. I can't make it anymore clear that this scene was changed due to input from Sony, so I see no point arguing with you further.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Both of those systems don't have as large a presence in Europe though and I don't think there's footage of the same scene in the EU versions on the other systems yet. They'll drag a company in front of a bunch of government legislators if it's something they'll catch wind of. It's exactly the kind of move you would do to avoid something like that.

When DMC5 came out, there were a lot of talks about the censorship being exclusive to the PS4 Middle East version. But when we got some footage for other regions, we found out that all PS4 versions (except Japanese) were censored. They removed the censorship from the US release via update, but never the EU version. A lot of people blamed Middle East for the censorship, cause Sony and Capcom released the same version across the region 2 territory, but the fact is that Sony is actually responsible for the censorship.

The Xbox One version came out the same day and it never had any kind of censorship, whether it be Middle East or Europe. Also the PC version is uncensored, too. If it was an issue with Europe or Middle East, Microsoft and Capcom should've censored those versions as well. It's not about being in the minority, It's about Sony's new policy (most of the time). There are a lot of games with similar cases. What's so funny and wierd is that they -again- censored the PS5 releases of DMC5SE for US and EU!

Another example would be The Witcher 3. The Middle East version is censored across all platforms. This is a case of a certain country -or a part of the world- having some rules that needs to be followed by developers and publishers. It had nothing to do with console developers, cause there are a lot of uncensored releases of Witcher 3 around the world on different platforms.

From my experience, most of the time, it's a Sony thing. Sony always had these kinds of rules, even in the PS1 era (check out Policenauts for PS1 and Sega Saturn for more information), but in the past few years they really embraced it with full force ;)

• Like 4