List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

Here's something to watch out for if you live in South Korea and are a Minecraft fan: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecraft-gets-a-19-age-restriction-in-south-korea/1100-6493636/. For the moment it only affects the Xbox and possibly PC versions of Minecraft but could theoretically apply to the PS4 version as well, because you need an Xbox Live account to use Cross-Play.

@Undead Wolf you can now add the PC as an uncensored alternative for the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, because a modder has found a way to restore the removed camera angles and butt shots (NSFW link) :): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/07/08/considerate-modder-reapplies-butt-shots-in-mass-effect-legendary-editions/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So the Superhot VR devs released a patch on Steam recently that removed a scene where you shoot yourself in the head, whereas previously it gave you the option to skip it by enabling the "Skip disturbing scenes" toggle. That option no longer exists in the fully updated version. It's not entirely clear when the update is going to come to the PS4 version (assuming it's not already), but given how they said "We're committed to shipping this update to all vr platforms", it's pretty clear that all versions of the game be censored, including the PS4 version.

3bCUDSh.png

Oh, and since I'm here, the upcoming Senran Kagura x Hyperdimension crossover game (Senran Nin Nin Ninja Taisen Neptune: Shoujo-tachi no Kyouen) was delayed due to "various circumstances" according to the publisher. The game was already heavily toned down compared to previous entries to comply with Sony's censorship policy, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony still took umbrage with some of the content in the game and wanted it changed further. It's speculation of course, but we've seen this happen many times in the past. Sony don't deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/senran-nin-nin-ninja-taisen-neptune-shoujo-tachi-no-kyouen-delayed-to-september-16-in-japan

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

So the Superhot VR devs released a patch on Steam recently that removed a scene where you shoot yourself in the head, whereas previously it gave you the option to skip it by enabling the "Skip disturbing scenes" toggle. That option no longer exists in the fully updated version. It's not entirely clear when the update is going to come to the PS4 version (assuming it's not already), but given how they said "We're committed to shipping this update to all vr platforms", it's pretty clear that all versions of the game be censored, including the PS4 version.

3bCUDSh.png

Oh, and since I'm here, the upcoming Senran Kagura x Hyperdimension crossover game (Senran Nin Nin Ninja Taisen Neptune: Shoujo-tachi no Kyouen) was delayed due to "various circumstances" according to the publisher. The game was already heavily toned down compared to previous entries to comply with Sony's censorship policy, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony still took umbrage with some of the content in the game and wanted it changed further. It's speculation of course, but we've seen this happen many times in the past. Sony don't deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/senran-nin-nin-ninja-taisen-neptune-shoujo-tachi-no-kyouen-delayed-to-september-16-in-japan

One of the commentors said

Tsukihime reboot is the reason why the game was delayed..Its not nothing to do with Sony nor Switch.
MAGES. also moved the release date of SINce Memories for PS4 and Nintendo to September 16 as they're afraid of collision with Tsukihime reboot's release date on August 26.

fingers crossed this is the actual reason, though I still think it's going to be heavily toned down :/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

2 outfits have been removed from the Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water remaster (NSFW link): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/07/30/certain-wii-u-costumes-not-returning-in-fatal-frame-maiden-of-the-black-water/

Very disappointing. From what I understand, the only reason those were taken out of the western Wii U version was because of Nintendo, so they had a chance to rectify that now it's coming to other platforms. Not only did they not do that, but they also deprived Japanese players of the outfits this time around. Not much of an enhanced edition... As much as I was looking forward to finally playing a Fatal Frame game, between this news and it not getting a physical release in the west, I think I'm just gonna hold off buying it until it's heavily discounted.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Very disappointing. From what I understand, the only reason those were taken out of the western Wii U version was because of Nintendo, so they had a chance to rectify that now it's coming to other platforms. Not only did they not do that, but they also deprived Japanese players of the outfits this time around. Not much of an enhanced edition... As much as I was looking forward to finally playing a Fatal Frame game, between this news and it not getting a physical release in the west, I think I'm just gonna hold off buying it until it's heavily discounted.

Same here :(. I was really looking forward to this but will now wait until the Asia English Retail release gets a steep discount. What makes this really disappointing, is that the outfits in question are really tame when compared to some you get in other games.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

2 outfits have been removed from the Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water remaster (NSFW link): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/07/30/certain-wii-u-costumes-not-returning-in-fatal-frame-maiden-of-the-black-water/

Now that is truly disappointing news. I was planning on buying it for switch and I was happy to finally play this game. Oh well, it saves me money I guess. Skip.

• Like 3

The thread linked below has documented some of the questionable localisation decisions made for the English language release of Neo: The World Ends with You. In addition to the whole capitalism-bashing stuff I mentioned before, they also insert the "cultural appropriation" buzzword, cringey memes, and more.

https://varishangout.com/index.php?threads/checking-the-localization-of-neo-the-world-ends-with-you.414/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The thread linked below has documented some of the questionable localisation decisions made for the English language release of Neo: The World Ends with You. In addition to the whole capitalism-bashing stuff I mentioned before, they also insert the "cultural appropriation" buzzword, cringey memes, and more.

https://varishangout.com/index.php?threads/checking-the-localization-of-neo-the-world-ends-with-you.414/

Reminds me of the North American translation of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and adding a doge reference in the game. 

This honestly looks like a translation that was done by normies who work at Crunchyroll. I'm surprised there was no forced Amogus references. Adding shitty memes and cringe lines is a great way to keep fans from buying your game.

EDIT: Nvm there was an among us reference. Fml

Edited by The Titan
  • Like 3

I don't know if this one has been mentioned (And I don't think I saw it in the OP). I don't have "proof" or a source but it's pretty easy to find. 

MECHANIKA

There is a frame (To the left of the starting frame) where two hookers are hanging out. One of them lifts her skirt up every few seconds. On the PS4 version, she is wearing underwear. On the Original (Xbox One has it uncensored) she is not wearing underwear. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

Btw I'm not taking a political stance. I just want faithful translations...

Is that too much to ask?

What makes you think it's not a faithful translation? A few screenshots that show one or two sentences in a game with a book worth of dialogue? A few screenshots that show the same type of dialogue that was in the first game? The dialogue that had a bunch of teenagers using slang terms? The fact that Japanese teenagers use slang terms just like every other teenager in the world? 

Unless when you say "faithful translations". You mean a super literal translation full of references you would never understand because you're not japanese? Because there is more than likely things in that japanese text that is untranslatable.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Fixing quote
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

There's literal translations which i'll agree probably wouldn't work too well, there's faithful translations which adjust it to suit the context without adding or taking away from the original translation, then there's stuff like this which is a bastardisation of the source material.  Jabs at capitalism... Memes... Complete changing of a characters personality....

Which is why so many people were happy when Kadokawa came out recently and announced simultaneous translations and releases of their manga, which avoids the western censorious bastardisation of the material, meaning we'll get faithful translations.

Exactly what I was going to write as a response. English isn't my native language so I know very well that a literal translation doesn't always work. A faithful on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

There's no personality changes with anything in the game. All those lines come from quest texts

I dunno why you're bringing up kadokawa since they have nothing to do with this.

Really? the bastardised text changes the whole context of the situations, characters are coming off as assholes when in the original text they are nothing of the sort.

I mentioned Kadokawa as they'll be doing their own manga translations in future, avoiding western arseholes that butcher their content.  I'm looking forward to when more companies see the benefit of translating in house and not having some arseholes ruin it.  I'm also hoping this will eventually extend to games too.

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1