List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

Here are my findings for Waifu Impact:

Here's what's not included:

- No NSFW CGs, along with the option to uncensor the racier ones.

- No nudity at all.

- Most of the CG related achievements/trophies, which is likely due to the fact a lot of the CGs are now gone.

- The game is now a PEGI 12/Teen rated instead of R18+/AO.

What is included:

- Jiggle Physics.

- Racy Swimsuits.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fenrir54565 said:

sakura succubus 5 a few cg have been edited and some dialogues have been toned down on the playstation version

https://gamuzumi.com/games.php?id=ssuccubus5

That sucks. I bought Sakura Succubus 1-4 when they launched on PlayStation because they were the same as the Steam versions, but I won't be doing that here since it has PlayStation specific censorship. Seems like any game Gamuzumi do manage to get approved on PlayStation have these changes now. I've added it to the list as a separate entry from the other 4 games since it's a different kind of censorship this time around.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

A launch trailer for the game "Amazing Princess Sarah" was just published on the official Playstation Youtube channel and someone on the comments said the cover art was censored. It's true, the game's art on Steam is more revealing. Not sure if there's more censored content but at least the cover art is.

Thanks for the heads up. I've added it to the 'Out of Game Censorship' list. If it turns out there's in-game censorship, I'll add it to the main list as well.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I've added it to the list. And even if it's "obvious" that the console version is censored, it still belongs on the list. I'll add any console release of a VN that has an official 18+ patch on PC when I'm made aware of it.

The problem is that a list like that can get quite large to the point it might as well have a separate list just for console ports of eroge.

Also what would list include?
Any eroge at all that has a console version? What if the console version is the only way to play it in English with the original PC version having no English translation (official or fan)? Do we count the console port even if it never left Japan?
Do we count remakes that were designed from the ground up to be all ages such as the PS3 remake of Tears to Tiara?

Console ports also often get additional content which means there is no definitive version. Get 18+ for the adult content and miss out on later additions or play the all ages port for the additional story content but lose the adult stuff?

Edited by Seraphim_Rez

44 minutes ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

The problem is that a list like that can get quite large to the point it might as well have a separate list just for console ports of eroge.

Also what would list include?
Any eroge at all that has a console version? What if the console version is the only way to play it in English with the original PC version having no English translation (official or fan)? Do we count the console port even if it never left Japan?
Do we count remakes that were designed from the ground up to be all ages such as the PS3 remake of Tears to Tiara?

Console ports also often get additional content which means there is no definitive version. Get 18+ for the adult content and miss out on later additions or play the all ages port for the additional story content but lose the adult stuff?

Maybe, but I don't see the point in separating them yet.

Any eroge that has a toned down console release can be included on the list, yeah. It doesn't matter if the console release is the only way to play it in English or if it never left Japan so long as the proof that it's censored is easy for me and other English speakers to understand (like a comparison of CG's).

Remakes can be included, yeah. I already have Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen on there as an example. And it doesn't matter if the remake has more content. If they're similar enough to the point where a direct comparison can be made, then I'll put it on the list.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks for the heads up. I've added it to the 'Out of Game Censorship' list. If it turns out there's in-game censorship, I'll add it to the main list as well.

The trophy list just appeared on this site and, interestingly enough, the same artwork is used uncensored for the trophy tile that you will see from your console. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/16409-amazing-princess-sarah

So was it only censored for the trailer? Why bother then.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tony_snake_24 said:

The trophy list just appeared on this site and, interestingly enough, the same artwork is used uncensored for the trophy tile that you will see from your console. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/16409-amazing-princess-sarah

So was it only censored for the trailer? Why bother then.

Yeah, that's odd. I had a look on the store though and it's using the censored version of the artwork. Same thing with the game icon, so I think it's fine to stay on the list.

Hi4tggu.png

Y1QuwL8.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Skullgirls is getting censored in the near future but if the comments section of this article is to be believed (take the comments with a pinch of salt), it has been censored twice already: https://nichegamer.com/skullgirls-valentine-gets-redesign-remove-crosses/

Yeah, there's a Censored Gaming video about some of the other censorship. I feel like I knew a lot of this stuff, but I guess I overlooked it when putting the list together. But anyway, I've added the censorship mentioned in that video along with what was mentioned in that article you linked to the list.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

Pussification of America continues, in the future, babies will have their spines removed after birth.

Worse.

They’ll find a way to eliminate the need for man and woman to have children. Babies will be made in a laboratory, genetically modified. They will have no exposure to the outside world because hey…. we already spend all our time behind an electronic screen. 

They won’t have any concept of critical thinking or how to approach views that are different than their own. 

This is no accident. This is all planned and carefully executed by the ruling elite.

• Like 1

Regarding that Yakuza 4 actor who got ruined by the tabloids allegations of him doing cocaine, it turned out that he was just eating a type of children's candy - as per witnesses there.

https://soranews24.com/2016/12/05/japanese-actor-accused-of-using-cocaine-may-actually-have-been-eating-little-girls-candy/

But by the time the ugly momentum was ignited against Hiroki Nariyama, people were out to smear him as hard as possible and started rumours questioning his heterosexuality. So yeah....apparently the censored recast for Yakuza 4 is all based on malicious lies and homophobia.

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Regarding that Yakuza 4 actor who got ruined by the tabloids allegations of him doing cocaine, it turned out that he was just eating a type of children's candy - as per witnesses there.

https://soranews24.com/2016/12/05/japanese-actor-accused-of-using-cocaine-may-actually-have-been-eating-little-girls-candy/

But by the time the ugly momentum was ignited against Hiroki Nariyama, people were out to smear him as hard as possible and started rumours questioning his heterosexuality. So yeah....apparently the censored recast for Yakuza 4 is all based on malicious lies and homophobia.

Funny, i was discussing about this a day or two ago in another forum, we were talking about copyright issues concerning hypothetical re-releases of Onimusha 2 and the main character having the likeness of some late Japanese actor...

On 5/20/2022 at 7:41 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, that's odd. I had a look on the store though and it's using the censored version of the artwork. Same thing with the game icon, so I think it's fine to stay on the list.

Hi4tggu.png

Y1QuwL8.jpg

I just received my physical copy of this and can confirm that the physical box art is censored as well:

amazing-princess-sarah.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

So what's the word on the Nioh Collection on PS5? 

In Japan, you're able to buy each game individually. If launched in English settings, does the game still suffer from reduced blood/gore? 

Could be wrong, but I believe the more extreme gore and dismemberment were actually added for (or at least exclusive to) the Western versions of those games. Don't quote me on that though.

Edited by MercilessWaffle

20 minutes ago, MercilessWaffle said:

Could be wrong, but I believe the more extreme gore and dismemberment were actually added for (or at least exclusive to) the Western versions of those games. Don't quote me on that though.

I ask because some Japanese games (even Team NINJA's past titles) boot up without the restrictions if the game is launching in a different language other than Japanese. 

56 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I ask because some Japanese games (even Team NINJA's past titles) boot up without the restrictions if the game is launching in a different language other than Japanese. 

Probably not due to the cero D rating, human dismemberment would give it a cero Z rating (regardless of language), which afaik anyway, is the only thing different about the Japanese version (yōkai dismemberment is still present). But again, don't quote me on that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I remember that Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 censored decapitations in the European and Japanese versions. So its not just Japanese but also Europe. Only the N. American version was uncensored.