List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

53 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

We have arrived at the point where the design of a bench is considered offensive and must be changed. Modern gaming, everyone. 

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2022/07/04/overwatch-2-alters-immeasurably-offensive-design/

Before & After:
ob4Ri50.jpg IGfIQpX.jpg

I'm sure all the homeless people playing Overwatch 2 will really appreciate the change. 1f60c.png

Jeez, they were planning to boycott the game if no changes were made!?

On 7/3/2022 at 4:50 PM, Undead Wolf said:

The Capcom Fighting Collection has some censorship, some of which isn't new like the rising sun flag being removed from E. Honda’s stage in Street Fighter 2. What is new though is the censorship for the Darkstalkers games. This image of a nude Morrigan & Lilith from Vampire Savior 2 has been taken out of the game. The secret endings from Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2 have also been removed, but I couldn't tell you why as I have no experience with these games.

Sources I used: Tweet #1 | Tweet #2 | Capcom's website (they have a 'Changes from the Original' section for each game in the collection)

this is getting so petty from these devs, I would love to get an answer on what exactly made them do this, did the platform holders ask them? did the rating companies ask them? did an internal "ethics team" ask them? or is it the work of a few individuals acting for personal goals

• Like 4

The Bug Butcher was un-banned a few years back in Australia but had to be censored to get an M rating, by renaming the "Speed Injection" item to "Boot Juice".

Also, Mother Russia Bleeds was banned in Australia in 2018, for the following reason as per-Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia

Banned through the IARC System because of sexual violence and drug use related to incentives and rewards.[26][13] Developers Devolver Digital then appealed the rating through the Australian Classification board via a manual review and the game once again given the Refused Classification Rating for the same reason it was initially rejected.[27] The game is still available for purchase within Australia via the Online Steam Store, as of May 2022.

Super Blood Hockey was also banned in Australia in 2019 for the following reason as per-Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia

Initially released with an R18+[22] rating but was later banned through the IARC System because of drug use related to incentives and rewards.[23]

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, venom_sina said:

Hi everyone.

The 9th gen version of Grand Theft Auto 5 has some removed content. The link below explains it all. Thank you again for your amazing work.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/04/20/grand-theft-auto-v-expanded-enhanced-edition-censors-allegedly-transphobic-content/amp/

It's already in the list...

(also, on a side note, the main list implies that the PS4 version was patched to remove the "transphobic" content: is this true? can't find any info about this)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's already in the list...

(also, on a side note, the main list implies that the PS4 version was patched to remove the "transphobic" content: is this true? can't find any info about this)

Oh I didn't see that. I was searching in the year 2022 of the list. Looks like I was looking at the wrong spot.

Sorry for the spam?

Edited by venom_sina
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

No worries, man. I appreciate you trying to help. And yeah, I just merged the PS5 version into the already existing PS4 entry which is why it's under 2014. It can be a little confusing sometimes, I know, which is why I recommend using the CTRL + F shortcut on PC to search for games manually. 

Did you read my previous post?

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Did you read my previous post?

I don't know if the PS4 version was patched to remove the "transphobic" content or not. It wasn't my intention to imply that it was. The PS4 version did have the the Confederate flag removed in a patch though, which is why the unpatched PS4 version is in the 'uncensored alternative' section.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fenrir54565 said:

its censored on both ps and switch it had the 18+ content remover for the console release its uncensored on steam  where it called Sexcraft - Sofiya and the Lewd Clan

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1468420

Ah, so that's why it didn't show up anything, it has a completely different name on steam :/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Is the steam (18+) version the same as the Switch version?  Content wise I mean

No, it's identical to the PS4/PS5/Xbox version in terms of content. For the Switch version to be the same as the 18+ PC release, it would have to be rated AO, which would automatically lead to it being banned on all consoles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

No, it's identical to the PS4/PS5/Xbox version in terms of content. For the Switch version to be the same as the 18+ PC release, it would have to be rated AO, which would automatically lead to it being banned on all consoles.

Nintendo have been far more lenient in recent years, though the games with full nudity are advertised as physical exclusive modes.  18 PEGI is not the same as an AO rating.

I was curious if they allowed it through this time.  Gamizumi have mentioned that they may be patching nudity into some of their published games.

EDIT - Oh and the new announcement of Sam And Max, I know season 1 has censored jokes.

https://censorship-history.fandom.com/wiki/Sam_and_Max_Save_the_World

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1