Undead Wolf

List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

125 posts in this topic

Tifa looks pretty normal to me, not sure what these blokes are getting at, they are comparing the blocky 1997 original with a PS4 remade and less blocky version:  

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200426115654

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like the PS4 version of Uppers has been cancelled. I wasn't aware of the game myself, but @DEI2EK informed me that it has content Sony and their censorship policy would have probably objected to, so it seems likely this was the reason behind the cancellation. We only have a statement from XSEED so far who are publishing the game in North America, but it seems likely that the game won't come to PS4 in Europe either via Marvelous. I'll update if this ends up being incorrect. This game is still coming to PC on the 23rd of October.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/uppers-for-pc-launches-october-23

 

On 27/09/2020 at 3:12 AM, Undead Wolf said:

It looks like some changes were made to the dialogue during the localization of 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim. I was made aware of this Reddit post, and while I don't think the age rating change is anything to be concerned about, somebody posted a link in the comments that claims to show the differences between the Japanese and English text. 

https://imgur.com/a/CCSTWZ0
bnwcmzD.jpg
KP1X3ae.jpg

In the first comparison, some liberties were taken with the inclusion of the whole "binary" thing. In the second comparison, the meaning on the bottom line was quite clearly changed. So instead of this cross dressing guy making it clear he wouldn't be interested in guys in the Japanese version, in the localised version, it's made to be more open-ended instead. Seems like it should be on the list assuming this is true, so I've gone ahead and done so, at least until proven false.

 

To elaborate on this further, the translators for this game have re-written a crossdressing male into a non-binary character.

https://nichegamer.com/2020/10/08/cross-dressing-13-sentinels-aegis-rim-character-re-written-as-non-binary-in-english-localization/

Edited by Undead Wolf
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2020 at 9:07 PM, Undead Wolf said:

So it looks like the PS4 version of Uppers has been cancelled. I wasn't aware of the game myself, but @DEI2EK informed me that it has content Sony and their censorship policy would have probably objected to, so it seems likely this was the reason behind the cancellation. We only have a statement from XSEED so far who are publishing the game in North America, but it seems likely that the game won't come to PS4 in Europe either via Marvelous. I'll update if this ends up being incorrect. This game is still coming to PC on the 23rd of October.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/uppers-for-pc-launches-october-23

That article has just been updated to say the game is cancelled globally for the PS4 so no-one is getting it :(. Unless this gets a Switch or XB1/Series X release, it will remain a PC and JP Vita exclusive - thanks for nothing, Sony. Marvelous and XSEED really need to grow a backbone and start putting their games on other systems, else they won't be around much longer. EDIT: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is only censored when playing in English, because all other languages stick to the original JP text.

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Developers and publishers need to learn that Sony, Social Media and ResetEra aren't their friends and will tear them apart over the smallest and stupidest things so should be wholesale ignored unless they want to go out of business, due to alienating the actual players who would have bought their product but now won't because of the pointless changes they've made.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ubisoft just can't stop bending the knee and shooting themselves in the foot, because AC: Valhalla is getting censored with the next patch because some bozo on Twitter bitched about a single line of dialogue: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-apologizes-will-change-assassins-creed-valhalla-ableist-language/1100-6484327

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2020 at 0:09 AM, HuntingFever said:

Ubisoft just can't stop bending the knee and shooting themselves in the foot, because AC: Valhalla is getting censored with next patch because some bozo on Twitter bitched about a single line of dialogue: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-apologizes-will-change-assassins-creed-valhalla-ableist-language/1100-6484327

That is just such bullshit. The *real* burn victim was ashamed of her face for years as well and now she’s upset that a game character is programmed to say the same, what the fuck?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, HuntingFever said:

 

Wow... So not only did they butcher many of the original jokes, but they didn't even let people know until *after* the game came out and played if off like they forgot. That's really scummy. Only thing though is that as far as I can tell, the remaster is only available on Switch and PC right now. I couldn't find any information about a PlayStation release.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More bad news for AC: Valhalla fans, the Asian and JP versions have been butchered :(:

 

Granblue Fantasy Versus is being censored again :(: https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/12/14/granblue-fantasy-versus-lazily-uses-yuels-more-covered-up-form/

 

The Escapists was censored for the dumbest reason: https://theescapists.gamepedia.com/Poster, the poster sprite is so small and blurry when it's on-screen, it's borderline impossible to see anything so changing it was dumb.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the localisation of Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend was a complete disaster with a trigger warning upon bootup and changes made to “meet evolving cultural and social norms”.
https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/12/18/collection-of-saga-allegedly-censors-words-colored-terrorist-and-more/

Now the game isn't on PlayStation platforms, so obviously I'm not putting it on the list, but I thought it was worth mentioning because SaGa Frontier Remastered *is* coming to PlayStation, so I assume similar changes might be made to that as well. It's worth being cautious anyway.

@HuntingFever Added all of those to the list. 👍

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

So the localisation of Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend was a complete disaster with a trigger warning upon bootup and changes made to “meet evolving cultural and social norms”.
https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/12/18/collection-of-saga-allegedly-censors-words-colored-terrorist-and-more/

Now the game isn't on PlayStation platforms, so obviously I'm not putting it on the list, but I thought it was worth mentioning because SaGa Frontier Remastered *is* coming to PlayStation, so I assume similar changes might be made to that as well. It's worth being cautious anyway.

@HuntingFever Added all of those to the list. 1f44d.png

 

Lmao why would they censor the word "terrorist" when it's used several times in other recent games like Final Fantasy VII Remake?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Lmao why would they censor the word "terrorist" when it's used several times in other recent games like Final Fantasy VII Remake?

 

Beats me. :dunno: I guess these particular localizers were of the extremely sensitive variety.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in a country were cencorship was always a big deal for games. That was 10 years ago or more or less, and it is far better now.

I didn't bother me at that time anyway, cuz I knew I could always import my uncut stuff.

 

What I want to say with all of this is that, I had the whole time this naive thought, as long as time goes on people will start to live in the present and think about the future, so more games will get less censord and stop living in the past.

 

Yea, beat it kid!

We start to go backwards again with even more bullshit you couldn't even have thought of.

See ya in 2019 next year.

It's time to censor more stuff like "Speed Running" for example. 

So that fat people won't get offended by, cuz you know, they hate running. 

Nice world....

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, G4Knight said:

DMC V on PS5 reverts back to the censoring of nudity.

 

Thanks for the information. I'm assuming this is for the European version like it was on PS4. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, G4Knight said:

DMC V on PS5 reverts back to the censoring of nudity.

 

Lmao are they really that dense?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

Thanks for the information. I'm assuming this is for the European version like it was on PS4. 


I assume so but I’m running the NA version.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nioh 2's latest DLC has been censored :(https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/12/20/nyotengus-large-breasts-covered-up-in-nioh-2-dlc/

 

The upcoming Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis has been pre-censored in a vain attempt to prevent the Twitter hate mobs from having a go at the devs: https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/12/20/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-brags-about-having-no-gender-options/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if all 4 Nekopara games are censored on the PS4 or if it's just the first one?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Does anyone know if all 4 Nekopara games are censored on the PS4 or if it's just the first one?

Technically all of them are since the adult material has been removed to meet console standards

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Technically all of them are since the adult material has been removed to meet console standards

That's a given since the PC originals have an R-18+ rating over here but what about the boob slider which was removed from the first game on Sony's orders, is it gone from all 4 games or just the first one?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That's a given since the PC originals have an R-18+ rating over here but what about the boob slider which was removed from the first game on Sony's orders, is it gone from all 4 games or just the first one?

This is the only thing I can find regarding anything other than volume 1

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/nekopara-vol-2-coming-west-on-ps4-and-switch-next-month-540047.phtml

 

It should be noted that the PS4 edition of this title is expected to feature censoring of certain imagery. Although the console editions of the title will also feature a new intro sequence and "exclusive events".

 

Doesn't elaborate on what is censored exactly

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

This is the only thing I can find regarding anything other than volume 1

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/nekopara-vol-2-coming-west-on-ps4-and-switch-next-month-540047.phtml

 

It should be noted that the PS4 edition of this title is expected to feature censoring of certain imagery. Although the console editions of the title will also feature a new intro sequence and "exclusive events".

 

Doesn't elaborate on what is censored exactly

I guess that answers my question then :(. Damn you Sony!

 

EDIT: Here's a full list of everything that has been censored in the Cyberpunk 2077, depending on where you live:

 

 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.