List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

On 22/01/2021 at 10:05 AM, Goikko said:

It seems that Disgaea 6 is not coming to the West on Playstation due to Sony's hypocrysy.

IF this is true, it's better to just not release the game at all, than have it butchered for BS reasons. EDIT: Here's the full twitter thread + official trailer where the info came from: 

22 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

PC version it is then. But is he/she an insider or something?

I don't think this is getting a PC release ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Goikko said:

It seems that Disgaea 6 is not coming to the West on Playstation due to Sony's hypocrysy.

That's one way of looking at it. Or you can acknowledge that Disgaea has never released in the West and Japan at the same time on a Playstation console.

For historical context it took 8 months after the JP release for a NA release of Disgaea 3 on PS3, 5 months for D3 on Vita, 7 months for Disgaea D2, 6 months for D4 on PS3, 8 months for D4 on Vita, and 7 months for a NA release of D5.

There absolutely no reason to jump to conclusions just because a NA/EU release isn't coming out simultaneously with a JP release of a Disgaea game. There has never been a worldwide release of a Disgaea game. Even D1 Complete took 3 months.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goikko said:

I don't think we can directly blame Sony's censorship policy for the lack of a western release for the PS4 version. After all, it's a global censorship policy, meaning both Japanese and western versions of a game are subject to the same rules. Even if Disgaea 6 is only releasing in Japan on PS4, that won't save it from being censored. I guess we'll have to wait until its release to see if there are any changes between the Switch and PS4 versions. Going off that tweet though, it sounds like there won't be any changes between the Japanese Switch version and the western Switch version, so at least NISA didn't mess that one up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If this is true, it's better to just not release the game at all, than have it butchered for BS reasons. EDIT: Here's the full twitter thread + official trailer where the info came from: 

I don't think this is getting a PC release ?.

It will. Only Disgaea D2 and Disgaea 3 are missing. And i wouldn't be surprised if they decide to port the two Prinny games after the Switch re-release.

The "Disgaea 6 is not coming to PlayStation because censorship" notion is ridiculous. It's sad how many people keep repeating this nonsense. First of all, as Undead Wolf already stated, the game is being released on PlayStation in Japan, and Sony's current censorship policy has been global. This alone completely nullifies the notion. Second of all, this notion suggests that the game has either been refused by Sony or NISA. While I have no doubt they could find something to censor in Disgaea, there is nowhere near enough content to have the entire game be refused by Sony. And NISA has been willingly censoring their own games since the dawn of time. Am I being led to believe all of a sudden NISA has integrity?

All this does is make the battle against censorship more difficult, because too many people don't know what they're talking about. While I can't say for sure why they haven't announced a PlayStation localization yet, there is no reason to think it's due to censorship. My guess is they're looking for people to "double dip" by making them think the game will only be localized on the Switch, only to have a PlayStation release later on. Even a company as big as Square-Enix often staggers their releases, only for me to see people on forums say "guess I'm buying this again" when the games are inevitable announced for other platforms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a screenshot of this joke of an article about the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition on Twitter. Disregarding the first bit about how the person who wrote it thinks the Asari and EDI's robot form are sexist (lol), it sounds like Bioware are going to make changes to some of the camera angles that focused on Miranda's butt. I won't add it to the list until we actually see the comparisons, but it's something to keep in mind.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I saw a screenshot of this joke of an article about the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition on Twitter. Disregarding the first bit about how the person who wrote it thinks the Asari and EDI's robot form are sexist (lol), it sounds like Bioware are going to make changes to some of the camera angles that focused on Miranda's butt. I won't add it to the list until we actually see the comparisons, but it's something to keep in mind.

A positive change. Always puzzles me when I see this kind of stuff in games. 

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

These censor happy idiots can't leave anything alone :(.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've added some Destiny 2 stuff to the list.

Also, does anybody know what happened to the PS4 version of Aokana - Four Rhythms Across the Blue? Obviously, we had that statement from PQube a while back confirming that various scenes in the PS4 version would be heavily modified or outright removed, but I haven't heard anything since. The Switch version has been out for like 6 months at this point, but as far as I can tell, the PS4 version never released. Is it safe to assume that it has been quietly cancelled?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've added some Destiny 2 stuff to the list.

Also, does anybody know what happened to the PS4 version of Aokana - Four Rhythms Across the Blue? Obviously, we had that statement from PQube a while back confirming that various scenes in the PS4 version would be heavily modified or outright removed, but I haven't heard anything since. The Switch version has been out for like 6 months at this point, but as far as I can tell, the PS4 version never released. Is it safe to assume that it has been quietly cancelled?

Gamefaqs lists Aokana's Western PS4 release date as TBA, which is as good as saying it has been cancelled :(https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/284701-aokana-four-rhythms-across-the-blue

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

The western box art for Neptunia ReVerse got revealed and it's noticeably toned down compared to its Japanese counterpart.

0FbToSY.png

Now obviously I'm not putting that on the list since it's not an in-game change, and as pointed out in the image, it comes with the Japanese art on the reversible cover. Still, I thought it was worth bringing attention to. Since the game is a PS5 exclusive, I'm expecting it to be pretty tame compared to the earlier Neptunia games either way.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Gamefaqs lists Aokana's Western PS4 release date as TBA, which is as good as saying it has been cancelled :(https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/284701-aokana-four-rhythms-across-the-blue

That's what I figured. I guess I'll keep in the 'Upcoming Releases' section for now and hopefully we get some official confirmation at some point.

• Like 3

It looks like Street fighter 5 was censored on the quiet, back in 2019 when E. Honda was added and they implemented an altered version of a classic stage from Street Fighter 2 (the relevant info is at the bottom of the page): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/02/20/capcom-arcade-stadium-removes-street-fighter-iis-rising-sun/

• Like 2

On 20/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, HuntingFever said:

It looks like Street fighter 5 was censored on the quiet, back in 2019 when E. Honda was added and they implemented an altered version of a classic stage from Street Fighter 2 (the relevant info is at the bottom of the page): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/02/20/capcom-arcade-stadium-removes-street-fighter-iis-rising-sun/

The world went crazy for that Capcom Arcade Stadium debacle and you're only talking about censorship in SF5 from 2019? xD

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

The world went crazy for that Capcom Arcade Stadium debacle and you're only talking about censorship in SF5 from 2019? xD

Well, Capcom Arcade Stadium is only available on Switch right now, so I assume that's why. The article doesn't mention it, but after looking into it myself, it seems like a PS4 version is planned, so I've added it to the 'Upcoming Releases' section.

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Well, Capcom Arcade Stadium is only available on Switch right now, so I assume that's why. The article doesn't mention it, but after looking into it myself, it seems like a PS4 version is planned, so I've added it to the 'Upcoming Releases' section.

Yeah hopefully it gets a PS4 release, because i NEED to own 1944, 19XX and Progear xDxDxD i still remember the whole drama behind the release of the third one on emulators...

it looks like sony had the Naruto Ultimate games censored to tone down the violence Minato Namikaze was missing an arm in the original story. However, in the final game, his arm was present to comply with Sony’s policies

Sony Reportedly Censoring Violent Depictions in Games (dualshockers.com)

Edited by fenrir54565
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, fenrir54565 said:

it looks like sony had the Naruto Ultimate games censored to tone down the violence Minato Namikaze was missing an arm in the original story. However, in the final game, his arm was present to comply with Sony’s policies

Sony Reportedly Censoring Violent Depictions in Games (dualshockers.com)

That's certainly a strange one. I guess this can be considered an example of the "Sony Check" which has existed long before the more recent ramp up in their censorship policy. Censored Gaming made a video about that if anyone's interested.

I'm not familiar with these Naruto Ultimate games, but it looks like a remastered trilogy of sorts came to PS4 in 2017 called 'Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy', so I'll link the article under that entry unless anyone has a better idea.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm not familiar with these Naruto Ultimate games, but it looks like a remastered trilogy of sorts came to PS4 in 2017 called 'Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy', so I'll link the article under that entry unless anyone has a better idea.

I've put it under the 'Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4' entry instead, since according to a tweet from Censored Gaming, there were scenes in that game which had the violence toned down compared to the manga/anime. Seems likely that game was the one most affected.

• Like 2