List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

After playing it, i could confirm that the Japanese version of Saints Row 3 Remastered is censored, at least on the PS4. Changes are mostly similar to the original 2011 release.

- Ability to go full nude is removed, the player would always wear his/her underwear's no matter what. Streaking minigame is still in the game tho.

- This also effects the cutscene where Oleg (Big brute guy) is seen naked in one of the missions.

- Bodies of dead NPC's disappears right away after they die.

- The Penetrator melee weapon was altered to not resemble a dildo. Some interior rooms seemingly changed to remove such sexual objects.

- When killing a brute with a grenade, his head won't explode anymore.

I think there's some few more changes but basically, gore and nudity were toned down a bit. I could provide some screenshots and clips if you want but i would just share this video instead.

(NSFW Warning)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bahraini_carguy said:

I think there's some few more changes but basically, gore and nudity were toned down a bit. I could provide some screenshots and clips if you want but i would just share this video instead.

That video and your word are plenty. Thanks for the information! I've added it to the list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Has all the information from this other thread been integrated?

No. That thread listed instances of censorship no matter when or what platform the game released on, but this thread is focused on the more modern PlayStation platforms. Most if not all of the relevant information from that old thread made its way over though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJPlace said:

I really do not get pissed off at this but the saints row the third censorship was not need and i would say something really baf about sony's new hq but i want to keep my account. Wish i never did but sr:tt now

Only CERO is to blame for the JP stack of SR3: Remastered being censored, Sony had nothing to do with that one (for once).

49 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

What did they do? I thought they just redesigned some characters?

I tried researching this and I think that's all it is. I guess some people are upset that I-no still has the same win pose despite having a bra on? I'm not sure, maybe I'm missing something here

Edited by MissShake

13 minutes ago, MissShake said:

I tried researching this and I think that's all it is. I guess some people are upset that I-no still has the same win pose despite having a bra on? I'm not sure, maybe I'm missing something here

A character redesign is not censorship in my opinion, if the new design is the same in all versions can we really call it censorship?

New game, new character designs. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

A character redesign is not censorship in my opinion, if the new design is the same in all versions can we really call it censorship?

New game, new character designs. 

If TC added Shiva from FF7 Remake in the list, why not this?

• Like 1

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Well, many consider FF7R to be more than a remake, probably even a sequel/reboot.

I know, but it still has the word "Remake" in the title, so even if some stuff in the story is changed it's still a remake. In this case I get why TC counts FFVIIR, it's still the same designs with a few specific alterations to appease people. But Strive has a bunch of character redesigns, not just I-no.

I'd like to start out by saying that I know next to nothing about the Guilty Gear series, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to this topic. From what I could gather reading some of the posts here, it sounds like this I-No character has been given a bra when she didn't wear one in any of the previous games. Now I wouldn't necessarily class that as censorship so long as it's a completely new outfit and not just a modified outfit from a previous game. 

I had a look around and came across this comparison image.
kah81s3051j61.jpg

While there are definitely similarities between the two, it looks different enough to me to classify as a whole new outfit. If @Faiyez or anyone else wants to make the case as to why it should be on the list though, I'm more than willing to hear it. Again, I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to the topic of Guilty Gear.

Also, I saw that me putting Shiva from FFVII Remake was brought up. I don't think it's a contradiction to put design changes from a remake on the list while not including design changes from a new game though. With a remake, it makes a lot more sense to directly compare it to the original design, and if it's toned down, it's easier to make a case for censorship. There was the whole "Ethics Department" thing at Square Enix going around at the time too. But in regards to that specific Shiva example, it looks like the link to that article no longer works, and I honestly don't remember why I put that on the list anyway, so I think I'm just gonna take it off.

In fact, it looks like the links to all the One Angry Gamer articles no longer work, so I'm going to have to find suitable alternatives for a lot of these entries, assuming there even are any. I should have archived those articles when the site owner went off the deep end and sold his site off, but you live and learn I guess. 

Edited by Undead Wolf

11 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

In fact, it looks like the links to all the One Angry Gamer articles no longer work, so I'm going to have to find suitable alternatives for a lot of these entries, assuming there even are any. I should have archived those articles when the site owner went off the deep end and sold his site off, but you live and learn I guess. 

Just remove that site already lmao. It was a cesspit and got what it deserved.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Just remove that site already lmao. It was a cesspit and got what it deserved.

I will, but it might take some time. And I don't disagree with that assessment, at least with how it was towards the end, but it was also one of the few sites that reported on videogame censorship which is why I used it as a source in the first place.

• Like 4

@Faiyez I gave you an opportunity to make a case for adding Strive to the list. You didn't give me much to go on in your original post. I personally found the argument people were making about it being a new outfit in a new game compelling, but like I said, I'm willing to hear the other side of the argument. Throwing out insults isn't helpful.

And like I mentioned last night, I'm going to remove the One Angry Gamer sources.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

And like I mentioned last night, I'm going to remove the One Angry Gamer sources.

And if you're unable to find an alternative source, you will have no choice but to remove the entry for the game as well, right?

I'd like to offer my apologies, though. I confused this thread with an older compilation on this site, which clearly didn't have any basic standards for inclusion (citing twitter posts, etc.)

At simple glance I still have a number of problems with entries in your list though, which seem to be the result of inheriting questionable info from the previous thread. I'm not saying it needs a revamp but can offer minor corrections.

1 minute ago, Faiyez said:

And if you're unable to find an alternative source, you will have no choice but to remove the entry for the game as well, right?

I'd like to offer my apologies, though. I confused this thread with an older compilation on this site, which clearly didn't have any basic standards for inclusion (citing twitter posts, etc.)

At simple glance I still have a number of problems with entries in your list though, which seem to be the result of inheriting questionable info from the previous thread. I'm not saying it needs a revamp but can offer minor corrections.

That's right, yeah. I'll do my best to find other sources, but if I can't, I'll have no choice but to remove it.

And honestly, there probably are some entries on the list that don't really belong there. It's not always so cut and dry as to what counts as censorship and I'm sure I get things wrong from time to time. But simply being on the list isn't me telling people flat out not to buy the game, I encourage people to look at the sources I'm citing to come to their own conclusion about whether or not it's a game worth supporting. 

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

There was only one entry I outright deleted, and it seems to have been false information after looking into a bit more anyway, so thankfully nothing was lost.

May i ask which one?

Edited by Lance_87