List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

39 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I went through and changed all the sources that linked to that site earlier and the damage wasn't actually as bad as I was expecting it to be. I found alternative articles for almost all of them, and for the ones where I couldn't find a different article that talked about it, I just linked to some screenshot comparisons between the censored and uncensored versions as I felt that was sufficient enough. There was only one entry I outright deleted, and it seems to have been false information after looking into a bit more anyway, so thankfully nothing was lost.

Oh, and thanks for sticking up for me. I appreciate it. ?

Well that's good, at least! I'm glad there wasn't much to correct there :) While we're here, though, Disco Elysium Final Cut has been certified for Australia, so that might need updating.

No problem dude, I'd hate to run a thread like this lol. Sooooo much to look into!

• Like 1

The Great Ace Attorney has been altered for its Western release, because of copyright/legal issues over the use of Sherlock Holmes and related characters:

In 2 years time, the Doyle Estate won't have a leg to stand on, because then all of the 10 remaining Sherlock Holmes stories will be indisputably in the Public Domain along with the other books in the series.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Mortal Kombat 11 was banned in Indonesia because of the gore and in the Ukraine because someone mistook an emblem on someone's outfit, to be from a banned organisation: https://www.gameaxis.com/breaking-news/indonesia-has-banned-mortal-kombat-11/

Also, the Nekopara games are uncensored on the Switch i.e the boob sliders are fully intact :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Mortal Kombat 11 was banned in Indonesia because of the gore and in the Ukraine because someone mistook an emblem on someone's outfit, to be from a banned organisation: https://www.gameaxis.com/breaking-news/indonesia-has-banned-mortal-kombat-11/

Also, the Nekopara games are uncensored on the Switch :).

They're not, the only uncensored version is the original PC release. I've played them as they released on PC, they're regular eroge with explicit sex scenes. Vol.4 is full of delicious footjobs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Also, the Nekopara games are uncensored on the Switch :).

15 minutes ago, YonahFuriae said:

They're not, the only uncensored version is the original PC release. I've played them as they released on PC, they're regular eroge with explicit sex scenes. Vol.4 is full of delicious footjobs.

It's hard to find any concrete proof of this, but from what the article linked below says, it appears as if the Switch version is slightly less censored than the PS4 version.

https://nichegamer.com/2018/11/09/nekopara-vol-1-censored-on-ps4-to-lower-esrb-rating/

I've added the caveat that the PC version is fully uncensored while the Switch version is just less censored than the PS4 version. I hope this is an acceptable compromise, unless proof is found that the PS4 and Switch versions are the exact same in terms of censorship, and then of course I'll remove the mention of the Switch version being an alternative entirely.

On 25/02/2020 at 1:23 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Nekopara Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4 (PS4) - "Boob jiggle" slider removed, CG's altered to cover up more of the characters

Source: Niche Gamer

Region: Worldwide

Uncensored Alternative: PC (fully uncensored), Switch (less censored compared to PS4)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's hard to find any concrete proof of this, but from what the article linked below says, it appears as if the Switch version is slightly less censored than the PS4 version.

https://nichegamer.com/2018/11/09/nekopara-vol-1-censored-on-ps4-to-lower-esrb-rating/

I've added the caveat that the PC version is fully uncensored while the Switch version is just less censored than the PS4 version. I hope this is an acceptable compromise, unless proof is found that the PS4 and Switch versions are the exact same in terms of censorship, and then of course I'll remove the mention of the Switch version being an alternative entirely.

This^

This is what I meant when I said the Switch versions are uncensored :). The Switch versions of all 4 games have the boob slider intact and show less steam in the bath scenes (I own all of them on the Switch so can speak from experience) but both the PS4 and Switch versions are still very tame and toned down compared to the AO/R18+ rated PC versions.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (PS4) - In-game artwork changed to be less suggestive/remove cigarette
Source: Censored Gaming
Region: NA, EU
Uncensored Alternative: JP

There's no reason for you to say the artwork was changed due to suggestive imagery. There is plenty others suggestive covers in the game, not to mention the suggestiveness of the actual costumes for the character.

There is censorship due to the cover change, but the artwork was clearly changed due to a depiction of smoking.

Granblue Fantasy Versus (PS4) - Outfits of female characters have been altered "for foreign markets & esports"
Source: Sankaku Complex #1 | Sankaku Complex #2
Region: Worldwide
Uncensored Alternative: No alternative

The game itself offers the uncensored outfits, regardless of region or platform. It is a toggle in the menu.

https://www.dualshockers.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-uncensored-costumes-guide-unlock-zeta-and-metera-original-costumes/

I don't see why that can't be considered an alternative.

2 hours ago, Faiyez said:

There's no reason for you to say the artwork was changed due to suggestive imagery. There is plenty others suggestive covers in the game, not to mention the suggestiveness of the actual costumes for the character.

There is censorship due to the cover change, but the artwork was clearly changed due to a depiction of smoking.

I didn't say the artwork was changed due to the suggestive imagery, but that the end result is a less suggestive image. Two different things. I agree that the cigarette is most likely the reason why the artwork was changed, but I already mentioned its removal in the entry.

2 hours ago, Faiyez said:

The game itself offers the uncensored outfits, regardless of region or platform. It is a toggle in the menu.

https://www.dualshockers.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-uncensored-costumes-guide-unlock-zeta-and-metera-original-costumes/

I don't see why that can't be considered an alternative

Alright, I added the article you linked as an alternative.

Hentai vs. Evil is censored on the PS4 & PS5, because the devs have removed the "Uncensored mode" toggle that removes each girl's bra so you can see them topless and wearing only their pantsu - I know this because I got both of them from the respective Hong Kong stores since they listed them a few hours early :(. The Switch and PC versions are identical and completely uncensored but the Xbox versions were canned at the last minute after Microsoft changed their minds (as they did with the Gal Gun remaster).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thank you for your hard work and also thanks everyone for supporting the thread.

Since you also cover remastered games, I think you should include DmC: Definitive Edition, too.

The original 2013 version had censorship in the Japan version, where they removed the sex scene entirely. The EU and NA versions were left untouched.

Also in the remastered Definitive Edition, they cut a few dialogues which I provided the link below. The Japanese version of DE still cuts the sex scene.

Japanese version sex scene removal (DmC part starts from 2:19):

Removal of some dialogue:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-09-ninja-theory-cut-one-of-devil-may-crys-most-sexually-suggestive-lines-for-definitive-edition

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

So dead or alive extreme fortune on PS4 it's still uncensored with jiggly physic and sexy outfits? 

The Best versión for ps4 it's fortune?

The main games of Fortune and Venus are uncensored but the DLCs and the Scarlet Edition are cut to pieces. The full uncensored version is on the Switch and PC so get it for one of them if you want the full experience.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The main games of Fortune and Venus are uncensored but the DLCs and the Scarlet Edition are cut to pieces. The full uncensored version is on the Switch and PC so get it for one of them if you want the full experience.

Ok perfect thanks for answer, what a shame this kind of things exist with the excuse of "a young age character" 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2021 at 6:50 PM, YonahFuriae said:

If I was certain of how many japanese/anime style games will be moving from PS in the future I'd be fully moving to Steam/Switch for all multiplatforms which I get on PS. But it's confusing, I'm looking for upcoming released, and found for instance Hinomaruko, which is similar to Senran Kagura games releasing both for Switch and PS4. Yet one of my favorite franchises, Disgaea 6 already left, and I don't know what will mean for the next games team Disgaea will release. Not sure if this will go worse, stay like this or get better in future releases. I'd love to know what the future of japanese games in the platform looks like.

Disgaea 6 hasn't left. NIS has already released the game on PS4. The problem is that NISA is holding back the localization. This isn't limited to Japanese games either. I'd say the majority of "indie" games I've seen lately are only announced for PC and Switch. Yes, many of them do end up on PlayStation eventually, but there's obviously a reason why they're focused on the Switch. The Switch has gotten incredibly popular. Whenever I see a thread on a general forum, it's full of people begging for a Switch release/port. Very few, if any, will mention PlayStation at all. I don't know if the situation will improve either, but it's not surprising many people don't have confidence in Sony. They only seem worried about appealing to the popular crowds.

3 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

Disgaea 6 hasn't left. NIS has already released the game on PS4. The problem is that NISA is holding back the localization. This isn't limited to Japanese games either. I'd say the majority of "indie" games I've seen lately are only announced for PC and Switch. Yes, many of them do end up on PlayStation eventually, but there's obviously a reason why they're focused on the Switch. The Switch has gotten incredibly popular. Whenever I see a thread on a general forum, it's full of people begging for a Switch release/port. Very few, if any, will mention PlayStation at all. I don't know if the situation will improve either, but it's not surprising many people don't have confidence in Sony. They only seem worried about appealing to the popular crowds.

Yeah I know it released in Japan, but if it won't release in the West it will be the first time they don't make it to PS here and it's among my favorite franchises, one of these that make me chose the platform they release. When Disgaea and other JRPG started making it to Steam the only point to remain on PSN was liking more the trophy system, but still both platforms had them, but if they are leaving then that's a total different thing. I hope it comes to PS when the complete edition does. I'll get 6 on the Switch but I'd like to have it on PS too since it's where I have all of them.

7 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

Yeah I know it released in Japan, but if it won't release in the West it will be the first time they don't make it to PS here and it's among my favorite franchises, one of these that make me chose the platform they release. When Disgaea and other JRPG started making it to Steam the only point to remain on PSN was liking more the trophy system, but still both platforms had them, but if they are leaving then that's a total different thing. I hope it comes to PS when the complete edition does. I'll get 6 on the Switch but I'd like to have it on PS too since it's where I have all of them.

Yeah, I'm more frustrated at the uncertainty and no statement about the future of 6. I'd buy 6 on the switch if they flat out said it was a Switch exclusive, but I really don't want to buy the game on switch if it's coming to playstation in the future. :/

• Like 2