Any info on the trophy list for the NA PS4 version?

So this might be an slight off topic since this is the Vita NA version, but I havent seen any confirmation of if the NA PS4 version getting released next month will fall under this same list, similar to how Dragon's Crown Pro just got added to the psvita and PS3 version's list, or if it will have it's own independent list. I'm thinking it might get added to it since the AS version has the PS4 and Vita as one list, but I haven't seen anything saying otherwise.

If it's the same list that would be lovely because i cant find a PSTV anywhere for a reasonable price and theres just some Vita games I'd rather play on the big screen, this being one of them.

• Like 1

It might be a separate list. Dragon's Crown has cross-save and cross-play between all versions, so a shared trophy list is kind of mandatory in that case. Unless they update the Vita version of Ys with cross-save, in which case it may share the same.

9 hours ago, Folkenio said:

It might be a separate list. Dragon's Crown has cross-save and cross-play between all versions, so a shared trophy list is kind of mandatory in that case. Unless they update the Vita version of Ys with cross-save, in which case it may share the same.

I completely forgot about the cross save function! That's a good point though, although I'm not sure if they will. The JP version seems to share a list though so I suppose it is entirely possible.

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

I can confirm: shared list with the PS Vita version, like the AS list. 1f625.png

I found an old tweet from XSEED, the NA publisher.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1205575344721448961

Ah OK. Honestly it doesn't bother me since I didn't finish that list and didn't have the game anymore, so this works out in my favor. But I can see alot of people being annoyed by that especially if they already have the plat

• 4 weeks later...

So if I already got the plat like 6 years ago on the Vita, I can't get any more new trophies on the rerelease? That stinks. While I might end up getting it again anyway despite still having the CE from the original Vita release. It still stings a little not dinging in any more trophies. Great game btw for anyone that hasn't played it, I recommend it. 

• Like 1

Awesome, now I can discard this game from my wish list. Not interested in a game with the same trophy set. XSEED made the same mistake with enhanced versions of ToCS on PS4. Since I already got it on Vita and got the platinum, there's absolutely no reason to buy this game again. And before you say something against trophies: we are in a trophy tracker. People do care.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

I would have rather had a separate list but I only earned two trophies during my brief time with the Vita version so it's not a big deal to me.

I was in the same situation, but I had 50% of the trophies when I rented the game in 2017. Because of this, I wasn't fussed about the shared list as it means I finally got to platinum it without having a half-finished list for the Vita version. 

• Like 2

I really wish i had looked at this before plopping down $30. I was pretty disappointed after downloading and looking to see i already had a platinum, because it shared my Vita data.

With how long this release took to come to PS4, its ridiculous that they couldn't be bothered to give it new trophy set. Oh well, the game is still fun so i'll try not to be too upset over double dipping. :/

14 minutes ago, Ryumoau said:

I really wish i had looked at this before plopping down $30. I was pretty disappointed after downloading and looking to see i already had a platinum, because it shared my Vita data.

With how long this release took to come to PS4, its ridiculous that they couldn't be bothered to give it new trophy set. Oh well, the game is still fun so i'll try not to be too upset over double dipping. :/

My thoughts exactly. I absolutely enjoyed the game and would have loved to have a second plat.

With how long it took to get a release i honestly thought Amazon had canceled my order >>

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Hi, so this game's page says it was released for ps4 on JP but no word for other countries, but from what I'm understanding reading the comments here it did release worldwide. Will I be able to platinum this game if I buy the EU version? Or will it just not have a trophy list?

There are 2 lists for this game:

Asia

Global

The Global list covers the EU, US and any other country that's not in Asia. If you get the e.g. EU version then you will get the Global list but if you buy the e.g. Hong Kong or JP versions, you'll get the Asian list.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are 2 lists for this game:

Asia

Global

The Global list covers the EU, US and any other country that's not in Asia. If you get the e.g. EU version then you will get the Global list but if you buy the e.g. Hong Kong or JP versions, you'll get the Asian list.

Thank you. Seeing it listed as ps4 jp 2019 while the vita versions specified NA and EU is what caused my confusion, specially since a lot of japanese games never come to the west

• 1 month later...

I've had this since it released but haven't installed it yet. I also have the Vita version, got stuck because of some stuff and gave up. Was also hoping the trophy lists were separate, but at least I can chunk out what I hopefully missed last time, my maps were missing a resource and a chest and it drove me mad. I think I{m at 68% with the trophies so when I do start it, It won't be as fun getting no trophies for a long, long time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maisy said:

I've had this since it released but haven't installed it yet. I also have the Vita version, got stuck because of some stuff and gave up. Was also hoping the trophy lists were separate, but at least I can chunk out what I hopefully missed last time, my maps were missing a resource and a chest and it drove me mad. I think I{m at 68% with the trophies so when I do start it, It won't be as fun getting no trophies for a long, long time.

Yeah it was a dry playthrough until the very end when I got the trophies for getting all the abilities maxed, all chests, etc. Didnt take me as long as I thought though, I think my save clocked in less than 60 hours, and thats including nightmare run and boss rush

• Like 1