Void reverb/delay.

CookeKeyes

Am I the only one who finds the reverb added to voices when in the void to be completely ridiculous? I can barely understand what anyone is saying, and there’s no way to turn the damn thing off. I would use subtitles but surprise, surprise they are broken; the timing is completely off on almost all of them. If I were a voice actor for this game, I’d be pretty pissed as this over-the-top effect completely ruins the performances.

Coincidentally, have you guys heard of a speech jammer? It works on the same principle as what’s happening to the voices in The Void. Check out the video about speech jammers by the Modern Rogue on YouTube if you want more info. It’s pretty interesting, but yeah this egregious use of reverb is maddening to me. Hopefully I’m not the only one.

The reverb was so fucking annoying, first thing I did when I got into the void, was google if that was a bug. I didn't find anything PS4 related, so I thought this has to be intentional. Intentionally stupid, that is. How can any sane person think this was a good idea? And the sub delay didn't do it any favors. By far the worst Darksiders game, adding to that the stupid platforming with the akward controls. I did the first Leviathan Core legit btw, cost me an hour of my life though. At least I was drunk af.

26 minutes ago, Demortuus said:

The reverb was so fucking annoying, first thing I did when I got into the void, was google if that was a bug. I didn't find anything PS4 related, so I thought this has to be intentional. Intentionally stupid, that is. How can any sane person think this was a good idea? And the sub delay didn't do it any favors. By far the worst Darksiders game, adding to that the stupid platforming with the akward controls. I did the first Leviathan Core legit btw, cost me an hour of my life though. At least I was drunk af.

For sure. I’m a huge darksiders fan, but this is definitely the worst of the bunch. At least it isn’t full priced.