Journey to 100% 100 Vita games (Update: 4/2/021)

DarthMagnus0605

• Danganronpa series
  • Freedom Wars
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Any Visual Novel
  • Demon Gaze
  • Mind Zero
  • Dungeon Travellers 2
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Super Exploding Zoo
  • Adventures of Mana
  • Sound Shapes

Best way to find what you're looking for is just to browse the game page and change it so only vita games show, or read lists online that suggestion games.

I love my Vita, this is a good thread and I will be following your exploits closely. Just adding my own suggestions;

- FIFA 15; only FIFA title on Vita to have a currently achievable Platinum, quite an impressive little title but with the dept of a puddle (DO NOT GET ANY FIFA OTHER THAN 15; YOU CAN'T PLAT THEM)

- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, Estival Versus, and Bon Appetit; two fun Musou games with jiggly tiddies and a cooking-themed rhythm game (can give you some trouble though)

- Hitman GO; great game, available for a single buck often enough - absolutely get it and see if you  can beat my Platinum time of 3 hours and 6 minutes

- Lara Croft GO; similar gameplay to Hitman, just as easy and quick, but I liked it less

- Resistance Burning Skies; shit game but quick Plat (check if servers are still up, don't buy used because you need the online pass)

- Danganronpa games; all great fun if slightly eccentric Visual Novels.

- Need For Speed Most Wanted; basically the PS3 version but scaled down, will really show you how strong the Vita is

- Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed; yeah, this might not be your cup of tea but I loved it. Bit of open world fun.

- Killzone Mercenary; hands down the best shooter on the Vita

- Sly Thieves in Time; basically the PS3 version, fun little romp but not too memorable for me

- Virtue's Last Reward; another VN-style game but with puzzles - I wasn't fond of it personally.

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Smash Bros clone, decent server closure hahah lol online Trophies are great

- F1 2011; best racing game on the Vita alongside Need for Speed - I haven't Platinum'd this one though, some parts are tricky.

- Metal Gear Solid 3; it's MGS3, on the go - what's not to love? Avoid MGS2 as it's hard as balls.

All of these games have easy or doable Platinums that don't require too much multiplayer (iirc Killzone works with bots). The LEGO games will add half a dozen Plats too if you get them all but they aren't as good or expansive as the ones on console - instead, they are upscaled 3DS ports (so insulting).

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 1

My kind of topic. I'll try to include games that haven't been suggested already. 

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Danganronpa V3

Dokuro

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f

Zero Escape

Muramasa Rebirth

Any LEGO games that strike your fancy. I liked LEGO Movie and LEGO Batman 3

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1, 2, and 3

Monster Monpiece

Demon Gaze

Steins;Gate

Tearaway

God Eater 1 and 2

Rayman Origins (Don't play Rayman Legends; it takes months for the plat because of the online portion, trust me!)

Atelier Dusk series. The first one Ayesha was moderately difficult, but I think the last 2 are easy...I think. I haven't played them.

Multiplatform:

Color Guardians

Dragon Quest Builders

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Hitman GO

Dragon's Crown

Edited by Edunstar84

Seems most of the ones I was going to suggest have been taken but I've come here to bathe in the Vita love. I love my Vita and so disappointed support has been discontinued :(.

Final Fantasy X and X-2. X is better but they are long Plats so be prepared.

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is fun, not played the second yet but heard good things. 

Any of the others I thought about have been suggested.

1 minute ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

You've already got a lot of suggestions, so I only have one : Rogue Aces

It was a PS+ game some time ago and it is incredibly fun to play. The trophy list is nice and varied as well.

Seconded. Great fun game. I expected nothing and got a great game. Flame Over is also a challenging fun game that was free on Plus so you may already have it as was cross buy on PS4 and Vita with separate lists

Mary Skelter

Hyperdimension games, both mainlines and spin-offs

KEMCO games like Revenant Saga, Antiquia Lost, Dragon Sinker, Illusion of L'Phalcia etc. etc.

Demon Gaze and Demon Gaze II

Severed

Ray Gigant

Yomawari Night Alone & Midnight Shadows

Sir Eatsalot

Reverie

Cosmic Star Heroine

Conception II

Tales of Hearts R

40 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Smash Bros clone, decent

Platinum is unobtainable now. Not sure about some of the other games mentioned, but this one is a no-go.

I'd personally recommend the Ratchet and Clank trilogy, Sound Shapes, Teslagrad, Stein's gate, TWD, VA-11 Hall-A, Gravity Rush, and Velocity Ultra. I also heard virtue's last reward and severed are great.

• Like 2

There are 4 Danganronpa games 

There are 2 Disgaea games 

There are 2 FF games

There are 2 God Eater games 

Natural Doctrine (ok turn based strategy, annoying online grind..) 

Zero Escape (compilation of the 2 first and the 3rd game, so 2 plats) 

There are 2 Steins;Gate games 

Tales of Hearts R

There are 3 Ys games 

Ridge Racer 

Tokyo Xanadu 

Valkyria Revolution? 

MindZero

Lost Dimension 

Ya, it's mainly RPGs, and it's closer to my vita list than a suggestion ?, still, 80% of those are games that I enjoyed to some extent, the remaining are games that I have been planning to eventually play myself.. 

Absolutely love the Vita. Probably my second favorite system after the PS2. There are some fantastic suggestions so far. Here would be mine (not in order, just numbered for ease of reading):

1. Persona 3 and 5 Dancing - don't play 4 until you've played Golden.

2. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and F 2nd - actually got me hooked on vocaloid music for a while. I would suggest X as well depending on your skill level. Too hard for me to plat but had a great time.

3. Danganronpa 2 and 3 (I haven't played the third yet but I can't wait).

4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 - best JRPG's this decade outside of Persona IMO

5. Ys: Memories of Celceta and Ys VIII - Celceta is a blast and while I haven't played Dana yet, I have only heard great things. Origins is fun but not a must play IMO.

6. Minecraft - even if you have played it before, playing on a handheld is a much better experience IMO. I like Terraria better, but good luck with the plat if you give it a go.

7. Salt & Sanctuary - 2D Dark Souls that plays just like it sounds. One of my all-time favorite indie titles.

8. Bastion - dare I say this classic action RPG plays better on the Vita than when I played it on the 360.

9. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma - I know the Nonary plat would force a replay of VLR, but 999 is worth it.

10. Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child - the science adventure series is my favorite as far as pure visual novels go. 

11. Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative - while the first game is mostly setup for Alternative, the entire experience is worth it for VN fans

12. Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere - few do action RPG's as well as Vanillaware

13. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory - like Persona and Pokemon had a baby

14. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth - 80% visual novel, 20% strategy RPG and 100% amazing.

Good luck with your quest to 100!

Edited by awf9495

I'll suggest some games I either platted or played, or that are on my profile/backlog. You should check if you feel they are worth playing.

Games that has their own Vita trophy list:

God of War

God of War II

Killzone: Mercenary

The Hungry Horde

Severed

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Assassin's Creed Chronicles

La Mulana-Ex

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Muramasa Rebirth

Flame Over

Demetrios

Claire

Save the Ninja Clan

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved

Dex

Blasting Agent

Devious Dungeon

One More Dungeon

Deep Ones

Dying: Reborn

36 Fragments of Midnight

Mecho Tales

Wanted Corp.

Dead Nation

Legends of War

Reality Fighters

Alone with You (there is also a LRG copy with its own trophy list)

Taco Master

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Jax & Daxter Trilogy

Velocity Ultra

Neverend

Xenon Valkerye +

Riddled Ex-Corpses

Cosmic Star Heroine

Unit 13

Games that share a trophy list but can be platted on Vita:

Super Meat Boy

Super Time Force Ultra

Slain: Back from Hell

Downwell

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Teslagrad

Dragon's Crown

Color Guardians

Spy Chameleon

Super Exploding Zoo!

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

Lone Survivor

Terraria

Helldivers 

Rogue Legacy

Burly Men At Sea

Lara Croft Go

Hitman Go

Forma.8

Edited by Deceptrox

A few I would recommend (Most of which I've actually 100% because of reasons, see: being bad):

1. Downwell - this game is difficult and I am no where near the platinum BUT it's extremely enjoyable.  Rogue like arcade style game with perma death and all the other adjectives that come with that description, but the game play loop is actually pretty great.
2. Bastion - I wasn't floored by this game (much preferred Transistor but that's on PS4, not Vita) but it's a nice, short action RPG.  The replay value is pretty good if you find getting high scores interesting.
3. Steamworld Dig - This doesn't have a platinum and is quite difficult but I really enjoyed the game
4: Demetrios - Ok, I'm going to level with you.  If you really like point and click adventures, you may like this.  I really enjoy it, but I've heard a lot of people speak to the opposite

• Like 1

If you don't mind imports than I would suggest Gundam Breaker 1-3. 3 is in english if you get the Break edition and you can import your gunpla from the previous games. Google translate helps for the first few hours until you get the hang of the menues. Gameplay-wise they are fun games if you don't mind a little grind. Really, I would suggest any gundam game from japan as they are easy to navigate after a bit of menu learning.  Also, Persona 4 has a stackable plat if you get the EU version you can enjoy that amazing game twice...but its still a grind, but a fun one imo.

Edited by RoxasOnFire

On 2/26/2020 at 7:29 PM, Golem25 said:

I love my Vita, this is a good thread and I will be following your exploits closely. Just adding my own suggestions;

- FIFA 15; only FIFA title on Vita to have a currently achievable Platinum, quite an impressive little title but with the dept of a puddle (DO NOT GET ANY FIFA OTHER THAN 15; YOU CAN'T PLAT THEM)

So FIFA 15 is still online for the Vita...? I'm curious about buying it and getting the platinum...

8 hours ago, WaxWeazle said:

So FIFA 15 is still online for the Vita...? I'm curious about buying it and getting the platinum...

FIFA 15 had its online modes and Trophies stripped out pre-release - it's singleplayer only as a result. No need to worry about servers closing. Definitely give it a go (and for the love of God, use a paper checklist for 'Tour Bus'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Good luck platting Rayman on Vita. You need a Platinum medal in an online challenge. That's a big problem.

I think that's only Rayman Legends but he has Rayman Origins on the list which doesn't have such challenge(s). Going R. Legends on Vita is a nightmare you got that right...

My suggestions:

Motorstorm RC

Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate 0

Danganronpa

Danganronpa 2

Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth

Zero Escape The Nonary Games

Zero Time Dilema

Color Guardians