VIDEO GUIDE Quick Method to obtain Platinum in under 90M

BushidoCypher

3 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Can you do this without getting banned by either Sony, EA or getting flagged on PSNP?

This seems a bit like cheating.

You will not get flagged or banned for doing this. The user generated downloadable content that’s being used for these trophies is technically an official function of the game. I did this a while back. Several people before me did this. The site added a supplemental guide to the game talking about this method. I would say it’s safe. 

17 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Can you do this without getting banned by either Sony, EA or getting flagged on PSNP?

This method was first fully used Feb 2020 and I've not yet heard of anyone being banned for it.

On 16/03/2021 at 9:26 AM, Jeffboy265 said:

Sony & EA is a definite no, they couldn't care any less about trophy hunting community to begin with unfortunately.

PSNP does not flag you for any exploits that are capable in game unless a game has NO WAY to exploit it yet has "dodgy" looking trophies/timestamps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

To everyone who contributed to the guide, a gigantic thank you.

The performance of the game on the console is really not good, those damn frame drops.

But thanks to the guide you only have to put up with that for a short time. ?

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

First off, amazing guide. I'm struggling to get basket case to unlock though. I've let it run for multiple in game days, restarted the game, brought them into a new game, into an existing game, etc. 

Any thoughts?

Try to delete save data and try again

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello
I'm using this video guide to save time. Great work by the way and thanks a lot to players who made an excellent work for the community.

I'm facing a problem right at the beggining with Black Widow Trophy. The 4 sims don't die even after couple in-game day. I checked forum and some other video on YouTube and the problem is sometime related to auto age OFF. In my case auto age is ON, and nothing...

I tried to download different family from gallery but I got the same result.
I'm a total noob on sims game and I didn't find a solution.

If someone can help me with it please.

EDIT: I got the trophy by following dingo8baby advice

Just got the Platinum and here are my tips for the Black Widow trophy and the current guide.

Black Widow - does not unlock automatically as stated.  None of the Elders dies and looking at each they have a long life left.  However as they are Elders they can die of over exertion.  Follow the guide to start a new game with that family, being sure to move them into an existing home, not the empty lot.  Then choose one elder and have them Woohoo their wife in the bed.  Once done, make them Woohoo again two more times ( once to put them in an over exerted stated and once more to finish them off ) and wait for the Grim Reaper to finish the job.  Pick the next Elder and repeat the process.  You will need for them to get over being Sad their friend died, but they will eventually show the Woohoo option again. Kill off all four and then go to the next step of merging the Circle of Life lady and wait for her to die of old age.  This took about 4-5 days, so set to fast forward and be patient.  Once she dies, the Black Widow and Circle of Life should pop.

Edited by kev_77310
solution

12 hours ago, kev_77310 said:

Hello
I'm using this video guide to save time. Great work by the way and thanks a lot to players who made an excellent work for the community.

I'm facing a problem right at the beggining with Black Widow Trophy. The 4 sims don't die even after couple in-game day. I checked forum and some other video on YouTube and the problem is sometime related to auto age OFF. In my case auto age is ON, and nothing...

I tried to download different family from gallery but I got the same result.
I'm a total noob on sims game and I didn't find a solution.

If someone can help me with it please.

EDIT: I got the trophy by following dingo8baby advice

I'm trying that but the elder from Circle of Life isn't dying, I left the game on for a while, and she has 18 days already as elder on Short lifespan and nothing, still alive. This is so annoying. Life bar is full on simology for like a week already

On 17/10/2022 at 1:01 AM, EdinhoN said:

I'm trying that but the elder from Circle of Life isn't dying, I left the game on for a while, and she has 18 days already as elder on Short lifespan and nothing, still alive. This is so annoying. Life bar is full on simology for like a week already

Same method. Use the Woohoo option like 4 first elder.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, first up I wanna say thanks for this guide. It was a big help to me getting started with the trophies for this.

However, I'm kinda stuck. I'm at the point where I'm using Trop-Hee Family 2, but after building the Rocket I keep getting Astronaut to talk and Flirt with Business, but no matter what options I pick she just gets angry with him. I've used the option the guide says and talked about games and given her compliments, but no matter what it just makes her more and more frustrated with him. I

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, thanks for the guide beautiful people.

The same happened to me with the black widow trophy, but I kept playing on that save since I like the game, and they eventually died?

[SOLVED]

Almost every skill of the Trop Hee Family 2 was bugged, but upgrading the one skill in lvl 9 of Tate just unlocks every other trophy.

@BacklogGamer964 If you change her status as "wife" of the astronaut at the moment of creating the household, it works the same. You don't even need to increase their relationship level, just build the rocket and the trophy is yours!

Edited by Jeanoltt

• 6 months later...

The platinum has changed a lot since the upload of this post. For anyone searching for answers today in 2023; the careers and skills are downloadable, as with others like ghost family and basketcase - however, trophies like Ghostly and Black Widow are either only done legitimately or done with exertion methods that take ages. Either way, this is no longer the sweet 2 hour plat. It's more of a 24 hour plat now. Goodluck players. 

11 hours ago, Void_Inferno1 said:

The platinum has changed a lot since the upload of this post. For anyone searching for answers today in 2023; the careers and skills are downloadable, as with others like ghost family and basketcase - however, trophies like Ghostly and Black Widow are either only done legitimately or done with exertion methods that take ages. Either way, this is no longer the sweet 2 hour plat. It's more of a 24 hour plat now. Goodluck players. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I just decided to get this plat out of the way yesterday! Oh &%$%* me.

There is hope, as of small testing I found the Black Widow trophy with exertion methods can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. Luckily, with us uses of things like 'Trop-Hee Family 1-2' and other downloads the majority of the game's trophies are downloadable and gotten within a 3 hour period. This brings the total of the game, in one sitting, to about 8 hours with really good rng - which is no more than a simple game like Stray. However, the bad part about the sims is it is janky. So anywhere between 8 hours to 24 hours.