Do you use PS+ free games?

TheHarryGamer99

My most played PS4 game - Dead by Daylight - is a PS Plus game. I can’t stop playing it, ever since it was given as part of the IGC.

I subscribe to PS Plus, because I love multiplayer, but I try to play some of the games that interest me or that have accessible platinums.

• Like 1

Only if it's something I think I would somewhat enjoy. If not, what's the point? What's the point of playing a game like, say, For Honor (Feb 2019) when I know I'd rather shove chopsticks up my nostrils than engage with that title in any meaningful way?

Only exception to that rule would be when a game has an interesting Trophy list that might bump my enjoyment over my usual threshold.

• Like 3

Yeah although since ps4 came out, the number of ps+ games i play(ed) decreased on ps3 + ps4. But i bought my Vita mostly to play ps+

Sometimes i'm happy about having a game from ps+ just cuz it's digital. For example i had TLOU PS4 on disc for a year before it was given as ps+ and i downloaded the game right away and played some online matches with a friend. That's another reason why i'm happy about some titles like Bloodborne, Borderlands or Sniper Elite 4 to play those with friends

I love playing ps plus games, it’s a decent investment if you don’t mind random picks for the month. I guess for a year’s subscription it can pay itself off but it’s highly dependent on the tastes of the individual.

I personally look forward to each and every month. If I own the games that are picked for the month I shrug it off, less of a backlog for me!

• Like 2

I used to ignore the ones I didn't want because I thought the games had to be downloaded to be 'bought', and I didn't want to fill my hard drive with crap. These days I add everything since that isn't the case, even if the odds I end up playing it are really low.

• Like 1

PS+ was the reason why I bought a Vita and PS3 ;)  I had a big libary with this because of 1 year PS+ without the Systems at all.

Recently it´s better with the PS+ games. I played Titanfall 2 from December, Bioshock 1 & 2 from February and also plan to Play SotC some day. Not a bad start of the year for me.

Yes. I don't play all of them of course, but I have played a decent chunk of them over the years. I think around 45-50 games on my profile are from Plus, though some I owned before they came to Plus.

For instance, I'm playing BioShock right now and played three games from Plus last month (Limbo, Monster Energy Supercross and Titanfall 2).

I quite like the random games because I end up checking out titles that I doubt I otherwise would. Some of those I've really enjoyed too like Apotheon, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Onrush, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, Severed and Table Top Racing: World Tour. They're not all winners and there has been some junk like Actual Sunlight, Datura and Gone Home as well as stuff I'm just not interested in like Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, but I think I've enjoyed more than I've disliked.

• Like 2

I always add them to my library and then play the ones I'm interested in. Usually I wait until I need something new to play and then I'll start one, but when I first got my PS4 I played almost all of them before I bought a lot of games and I found some games that I really enjoyed that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise like Transistor and OlliOlli2.

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III

I used to add virtually every offering to my library, but since I have become conscious about my backlog size, I have reduced to only the ones that I will actually play realistically. Since I have amassed quite the collection over the years, a substantial portion of what I play consists of PS+ offerings. 

In fact though, some of my favorite titles have been PS+ offerings like Dust: An Elysian Tail, Remember Me, Spec Ops: the Line, Super Time Force Ultra, the Unfinished Swan, Transistor, What Remains of Edith Finch, and so on. I definitely have received a lot of worthwhile titles over the years, no doubt about that. 

Edited by VoxAnimi

I always add hem to my library and arguably my most played game is Rocket League which was a Plus offering a few years back. 

Have recently started playing a PS Plus game on the PS3 which I’m really enjoying - Need for Speed Most Wanted.

I certainly make the most of the games we receive 

Yep, I've played some of them over the years:

The Swapper

Transistor

CounterSpy

Valiant Hearts

Apotheon

MGSV: Ground Zeroes

Unmechanical Extended

Gone Home

The Walking Dead Season 2

Never Alone

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Claire

Tales from the Borderlands

Beyond Two Souls

Ratchet & Clank

GOW III Remastered

Mafia III

Burly Men at Sea

SOMA

Here They Lie

What Remains of Edith Finch

Because they interested me, and some were easy.

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 3