Do you use PS+ free games?

TheHarryGamer99

Yes, I've played many and will surely play more in the future.

There's too many to list them all, but here's a short list of some that I really enjoyed and probably wouldn't have played if not for PS+:

Entwined

Furi

Hatoful Boyfriend

Journey

The Unfinished Swan

Transistor

Yakuzi Kiwami

We Are Doomed

EDIT:  Also, I've got to mention Rogue Legacy was my first platinum and is also very good.

Edited by dmland12

I've had PS+ for a couple of years now, but it seems that I was too late to get games I'm really interested in.. In the past, Trackmania Turbo, Super Meat Boy, Furi, Alienation, Helldivers, etc... are all games that were offered on PS+ and that I've platted, but they were offered before I was a PS+ member, so I needed to buy them. 

Since I have PS+, I have played precisely two games... Detroit: Become Human and WipEout: Omega Collection ? At least I've also added Bioshock to my library. 

But I won't just play the offered games cause they're free. I play them if I anyways wanted to get to them at some point. 

Edited by Arcesius

I typically don't unless it's a game I wouldn't bother buying because I don't like the fact that they're nothing but rentals essentially and I prefer to own something than borrow. Last game I picked up from plus was Portal Knights and that was only because I already had a physical copy. If they would allow you to buy the games you get from plus then i'd probably take advantage of it more often

You would be a sucker to not get all games given to you each month. I get the Vita games (when they were offered) and VR games even though i don't own any of them. Do i play all of them? Nope. Only the ones i find interesting. So far the IGC game i played the most is Dead By Daylight by far.

Have 100s of games in the library because of PS+. 

Edited by Quink666

Yes. All the time but I only get the games I'd usually play.

Gone Home

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Tales from the Borderlands • DG (owned this on disk so I got the Plat twice!)

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

XBlaze Lost: Memories

Syberia/Syberia 2

Claire (still need to finish this)

SOMA

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Detroit: Become Human

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3)

Steins;Gate

Ratchet & Clank

BioShock Collection

The Sims 4

Not including the games I've yet to start.

Edited by Jamescush147

I used to take advantage of the PS+ lineup a lot more, but these days? Not really. I only played one of the PS+ games from last year which was Titanfall 2. Everything else either didn't interest me, or I already owned it, and I only add games to my library that I could see myself wanting to play eventually. Now that we're only getting 2 games per month instead of the 6 we used to, it's a lot less likely they'll offer something that ticks all the right boxes for me.

only the one i'm interested in, the most played ps plus game I ever got is Serious Sam 3: BFE on the ps3.

was hoping for a collection of all three games for the ps4.... well there is an actual collection, just before I start jumping like an idiot in my room Croteam massively disappointed me when they announce it to be only on the Stadia of all places ?

Edited by yellowwindow7

Absolutely I do. I play them cuz they look fun or are games I was interested in anyway. Often times I'll see a game that I had on my list of wanted games appear and its just a happy coincidence that I can get it for free.

Ps plus games I've played:

Ratchet & Clank

Knack

Portal Knights

Resident Evil

Tales From the Borderlands

Game of Thrones Telltale

Table Top Racing: World Tour

My backlog of ps plus games:

Bioshock Collection
Uncharted Collection
Metal Gear Solid 5
LittleBigPlanet 3
Just Cause 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Batman telltale
Bulletstorm
The Surge

Edited by danceswithsloths

Eventually, tlou was ps+ few months back and I've only just started it, on my survivor run now actually.

As for this month, I've always had an eye on Shadow of the Colussus but kept being put off at the rumored bad controls, now it's on ps+ I'll give it a go, eventually.

Same with Sonic Legends, only difference is I bought it for $15 on sale about 6ish months ago, went into the backlog and after watching the Sonic movie I'm keen to get into the game.

I used to make use of PS+ a lot back in the day, it was almost like a budget option to getting a bigger library of great games to play. 

Now that I have a substantial backlog I'm less likely to dip into many of the PS+ games as often, we're just getting so spoilt as gamers that it's hard to just decide what to play some days xD.

PS+ has more or less always been consistently good and varied which is so great for a variety gamer such as myself. There's been the occasional month where stuff hasn't interested me (usually sports, I may be variety, but sports don't do it for me).

Personally I preferred the days we used to get loads of indies. Nowadays we mostly get AAA stuff which usually I'd have already purchased if I had any interest in doing so and if I didn't purchase it then it's not going to rank high on the backlog priorities. But with indies it's like free discovery of things you probably wouldn't have heard of or considered beforehand and might end up getting hooked on. Another plus for me regarding indies is usually I go physical only with my purchases, so I'm less inclined to buy some indies that I'm interested in when there's no physical release (unless it's a super good value sale), so getting lucky and having one I wanted given to me on PS+ feels great lol.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with AAA titles, but I do miss the indies they were putting up. I've already played most titles they have put up recently, unless they switched over to game of the year editions.

Like Batman Arkham Knight comes to mind. Played it the year it came out, but if you had the dlcs included I would be all over it. 

I think it needs a better balance, so you can catch everyone's attention. 

• Like 2

Believe it or not... not really.

I've only played Just Cause 3 and eventually purchased all DLC, then i bought DRIVECLUB without even trying the PS+ edition, so the license was overwritten with the full version. I've even purchased (and played) Uncharted 3 and God of War HD despite having them with PS+ (in the former case, i bought the GOTY edition, in the latter, i bought the collection with GOW2... and i've even obtained the Vita versions by doing that lol)

Edited by Lance_87

Yes, I play them and take my time with them as well. There is one game I’ve been playing constantly and its called Dead By Daylight, equally as addictive and toxic as the Call of Duty games (multiplayer). Detroit Become Human Deluxe Edition was an AMAZING game to get as a monthly free game, if not the best and most expensive game we received so far for PS+. We also get the chance to get introduced to hidden gems like What Remains of Edith Finch, games like these aren’t exactly popular but man was that game interesting! I don’t think many people would’ve known about this game if it wasn’t for PS+.

The only thing that has been bothering me the last few months is that they tend to give us games that they had success selling: Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, BioShock Collection, InFamous Second Son, ... Many people already own these games and then they give it for free on PS+. Because of this I wont buy any games for a few months to see how the system works. It looks like they’re giving games for free that they keep putting on sale for max. €15 multiple times. (Shadow of the Colossus as well in March, many people own this already because of the discounts)

Typically, I end up playing at least one of the offerings each month. I was actually introduced to some of my favorite games thanks to Plus, like The Binding of Isaac, Furi, Velocity 2X, Rogue Legacy, and others.

I feel like the service has gone downhill since PS3/Vita titles were omitted, though.

I have psplus mainly for everything but the games. However ive played a fair few too. Mainly when i was first getting back into Playstation. I dont play as many these days cos my library and subsequently backlog are huge. 

Xcom2, 2064 ROM, GoW games on vita, and loadsa visual novels.

Im also a sucker for psplus driving games, which i suck at but nevertheless i have fun with for a few days until realising there are reasons i dont buy driving ganes. 

I feel the service has declined due to removal of vita and ps3 games. I know i said i used it for everything but the games but this is the most common complaint of the service i reckon.  Well that and the quality of the games given. 

Until Dawn

Tales from the Borderlands

Strider

Nioh

Dragons Dogma

Steins Gate

Deadly Premonition

Demons Souls

Bloodborne

Bioshock

Uncharted

Borderlands 2

All great games I enjoyed that were on Plus

Edited by xh117
  • Like 1

nope, i started getting PS+ near the end of 2018 and at first i played some of the games into the first few months of 2019. there are some i've had interest getting into, but most games i purchase are the ones i prioritize. i still add the games of course, but never really get into them since i buy so many anime games and those aren't exactly being offered as PS+ titles. 

Let mine lapse since I got PS Now, which is a much better value subscription than PS Plus since the price drop (you can play any included online games without the need for Plus). 
Having said that, Plys is still a good deal in itself and I played many of the games. Just no time for both these days. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hardly use them. The only ones I've played so far are Life is Strange, Atelier Sophie, psycho pass, Steins Gate and Steins gate 0.

I still have a massive backlog of just plus games, and some are long like both Disgaea 4 and 5, Beyond two souls, witch and hundred knight, tearaway, atelier rorona, ratchet and clank, MGS etc. that I got ages ago and haven't touched yet. I just got Sonic forces this month as well to add to the pile.... 

I would say that 95% of my Vita collection was probably from PS Plus.  I actually got a Vita so I could start playing all of the games that I already had.

I definitely don't play everything, but if it is a game I was interested in or the trophy list seems fun I do. A lot of times there are games I don't buy because I figure one game I'll get them on Plus.  For instance, Horizon Zero Dawn I imagine I will play one day when it is available on Plus, but probably wouldn't buy it otherwise.