Do you use PS+ free games?

TheHarryGamer99

I used to just take the games I was interested in, but since September 2018 I think I started buying all of them. I've played like 5 of them, but usually they're games I don't own. April was an exception (although I don't think many people own a PS4 and not Uncharted 4). Some were great to get a quick 100% on, like Burly men at Sea,What remains of Edith Finch and Murdered Soul Suspect (that one might not have been one, though) That, and sometimes you need online trophies, which you almost can't get without PS+

Berendsapje.png

Edited by Berendsapje

Not too often, because I mostly play single-player games. But I've recently subscribed again to Plus for some Plus games in my library that I'd really like to try out soon, such as Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, Nioh, Bioshock Collection, Beyond: Two Souls, and Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain. Starting with Shadow of the Colossus early next week, once I've finished the main story of the current game I'm playing. :) 

• Like 1

I always "purchase" every game that we get on PS+, even if I have zero interest in many of them. I often try them on a dummy account as sometimes ones I think I'll like I actually don't, and some that I don't think I'll like actually end up being worth a play.

Lately I've been trying to play more of my Plus games as I've realised that just having them in my backlog isn't actually getting my money's worth. I've been digging back through games I got years ago and making a point of playing the ones I'm interested in. I've realised I really miss getting Vita titles each month :(

I've also found that games I'd originally had no interest in have become some of the ones I've enjoyed lately too, such as Injustice, Lego Harry Potter and Race The Sun. They are games I'd never have looked sideways at without having got them free through Plus, so it's definitely opened my eyes to a lot of genres and different types of games that I'd never had any interest in before. It's broadened my gaming horizons for sure! 

To to be honest though, I don't have PS+ now for the monthly games - I buy it so I can have online access. I probably wouldn't continue to renew my Plus at the moment if online access was free. So getting the monthly games is sort of a bit of a bonus really. I look forward to the announcement each month (although sometimes I do end up bitterly disappointed like this month, haha!). 

But yeah, I definitely do play quite a few of the Plus games. Probably around 20% of my profile is made up of them :)

Absolutely. Any PS+ game I'm interested in gets added to my library and is treated like all the other games I actually own... usually just becoming part of my backlog. I try to play a few of them every year.

Now that PS+ is required for online (tho I don't play a lot of MP games) and cloud storage being really useful for me it's hard to go without the service. I still consider the games as a main part of it. Even if I'm not interested in some of the games or already own them I still get plenty games out of it.

But since I've been a subscriber it has really opened my eyes on some of the games given. I used to really dislike indie games, thought they were all trash but there are quite a few gems. And I never would have thought I'd play a VN, while I still haven't found one that really grabs me (not played many) I'm definitely open to them.

i "buy" them all, you never know. i was avoiding trying ones that i didnt think id like and ones with lots of DLC but ive started to care less about S ranking every game i play and will be trying more of them. ill still avoid the really grindy or really hard ones, thats no fun for me. 

I don't play much because I rather play some backlog games.  I still add all of them into library. Sub mainly for Cloud Saves. Used to enjoy the Vita games. Ever since it went to 2 games, meh. 

Games can get corrupted, saved my skin a few times. 

Edited by Kishnabe

• 3 years later...

I grab the games I think I might play some day. There are games like the ones this month that I didn't even bothered to add to the library.

Across my 10 years, I played (including Extra and some exclusive offers from PS+ to 🇵🇹 and 🇪🇸)

Dodgeball Academia

Carto

Telling Lies

Toem

Super Stardust Portable

Minit

Pinball Heroes

The Gardens Between

Inside

Lost Pages

Stray

Horizon Chase Turbo

Marooners

Submersed

Olympic Games

Thomas was Alone

Frogger Returns

Undertale

Fall Guys

Melbits World

Gravity Rush

Motorstorm RC

Wizards Tourney

Timothy vs the aliens

LittleBigPlanet 3

Master Reboot

Flynn and Freckles

Phobos Vector Prime

Table Top Racing

Rocketbirds

OnRush

Burly Men at Sea

World of Nubla

Ether One

Dust: an Elysium Tale

Playstation all stars Battle royale

Level 22

99 Vidas

Rime

Truck Racer

Forma.8

Deadly Tower of Monsters

LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 (vita)

Hue

Fez

Type:Rider

MotoGP 13

Invizimals

Tales from the Borderlands

Counterspy

Severed

Day of the Tentacle

Batman Telltale

Color Guardians

Everybody's gone to Rapture

Gone Home

Valiant Heart

Reality Fighters

Game of Thrones

Walking Dead: Season 2

Lego Batman 2

Kung-Fu Rabbit

God of War Ascension

Super Exploding Zoo

Murasaki Baby

MonsterBag

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Sly: Thieves in Time

Papo & Yo

Tomb Raider

Prodeus

Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons

Guacamelee

Giana Sisters

Goosh, I just noticed I've played more games from the service then I though 😳 I had to remove some from Now, otherwise this list would be longer 😱 

Edited by TurtlePM

I used to claim all the games I'd think my future self may want to play to now where I claim every game no matter what unless I already have it. 

What ends up happening though is 95% of the time, I never end up playing them. Still doesn't hurt to claim them though as you may as well, it's 'free', why not take advantage of it?