How To Put DLC In Iron Mutant Mode After Base Game Completion???

MrTacoNinja

I just beat the base game and it basically dropped me right into the DLC with no option anywhere to change it to Iron Mutant. Did those nitwit developers really design it so that I'd have to start a totally new game and lose all my base game progress with my gear, level, etc? I'm level 76 right now with the best gear possible! Pleeeease tell me that these fucking idiots did NOT design the game this way?!?!?!? Dumbest shit I have EVER fucking seen! Had I known this shit I wouldn't have wasted my time killing every enemy and scouring every map for all the needed upgrade components! Wow man, wow! I mean seriously who designs a fucking game this way?!

3 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I just beat the base game and it basically dropped me right into the DLC with no option anywhere to change it to Iron Mutant. Did those nitwit developers really design it so that I'd have to start a totally new game and lose all my base game progress with my gear, level, etc? I'm level 76 right now with the best gear possible! Pleeeease tell me that these fucking idiots did NOT design the game this way?!?!?!? Dumbest shit I have EVER fucking seen! Had I known this shit I wouldn't have wasted my time killing every enemy and scouring every map for all the needed upgrade components! Wow man, wow! I mean seriously who designs a fucking game this way?!

It's a continuation of the current save file's story. If you didn't end the base game story with Iron Mutant, why should it give you a warning? That's entirely on you.

• Like 1

Because had it gave me a fucking warning I would have started the base game in Iron Mutant so I fail to see how that's entirely on me. How was I supposed to know the option wouldn't be available otherwise??? It's a new area with new content so why wouldn't the option to start it on Iron Mutant be available to players? It makes no damn sense to me.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Because had it gave me a fucking warning I would have started the base game in Iron Mutant so I fail to see how that's entirely on me. How was I supposed to know the option wouldn't be available otherwise??? It's a new area with new content so why wouldn't the option to start it on Iron Mutant be available to players. It makes no damn sense to me.

What other game warns players about this sort of thing? I can't think of any game that warns players about DLC difficulty.

Honestly you're better off just reloading a previous save, then changing the difficulty before entering EDEN.

Or you could tackle the DLC with the default loadouts. It's not a hard game, just abuse the game's AI (for example the enemy can't hit you if you're above them and in cover).

What other game warns people about this sort of thing, you ask? Well, I can't thing of any other game that does this sort of thing! It screws people over, especially seeing how this DLC was added at a later time - gamers had no way of knowing! I had no way of knowing, no heads up about it anywhere. Had there been a thread or something giving people a heads up about this I would've started the base game on Iron Mutant!  I can't believe you passed this off as being my fault. Wow. My fault my ass!

I can't revert to an older save and change it to Iron Mutant, it doesn't work like that. I realize now that you have to start a new game in order to do so which, in my opinion, the DLC technically is. Regardless that it picks up where the base game left off it's still NEW content, NEW maps, a NEW character to aquire. This should have at least been treated as New Game+ or something and given the player the option to select Iron Mutant.

But oh well, fuck it, it doesn't matter now. I have no choice but to start a new game for the DLC and lose all my progress. Such bullshit! Well guess what future gamers, consider yourselves warned. If you don't start and finish the base game on Iron Mutant you get fucked in the ass for the DLC. Great design choice developers, well done! 

I'm locking this thread, makes no sense to keep it open (especially when I have a dude like you blaming me that it's my fault even though I had no way of ever knowing... yeah, because that makes sense).

Edited by MrTacoNinja