this game is the worst game ever made.

MatThaRiPP3R84

While I didn't get the same joy of playing it as JS2, it ran mostly fine for me in boost mode on a PS4 Pro when I 100%'ed it a year ago. The only challenges that I would say are 100% bullshit are the ones that you have to drive a bomb into the target as several of them have like invisible force fields around them that require hitting them at a certain angle to attain your point goal. Given the OP eventually got 100% my guess is they were just salty about failing certain challenges and had to git gud.

• Like 4

i wasn#t salty at failing anything, at the time of writing I hadn't even done any challenges more then once for basic upgrades, i hated the gamre because i just didn't like it, but if u bothered to read my other comment instead of comming in and whining about it u'd see i started to like it more when the challenges got hard. the final wingsuit one was mental and took me 2 hrs of trying but before all that, there was no difficulty or enjoyment there. I was told to leave challenges to last, and i shouldn't have cuz it ruined the game for me.nvm the glitch that made me restart campaign after 45 hrs in.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Is the game still in cinematic 24 fps mode, dropping to silky smooth 15 fps when something happens? I played it for a while when it was free in PS+, but I had to stop because my eyes were literally hurting.

Other than that, I don't recall it being that bad. Yeah, the aiming sucked ass, but hey, so did aiming in JC2 and it was a great game anyway.

i actually loved the game but there was a few parts like the diving challenges that actually ruined 2 of my controllers. wore the analog rubber right off from repeatedly trying them. part 2 was alot better. but if you think 3 is bad, 4 is worse. 4 seems like it was slapped together in a day with left behind money. all the destruction in 4 is gone. 2 has alot of destruction. 3 had a pretty decent amount of destruction. personally i liked just destroying things. the dlc addons help make the game a bit easier and at some point you become op with certain weapons 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i actually loved the game but there was a few parts like the diving challenges that actually ruined 2 of my controllers. wore the analog rubber right off from repeatedly trying them. part 2 was alot better. but if you think 3 is bad, 4 is worse. 4 seems like it was slapped together in a day with left behind money. all the destruction in 4 is gone. 2 has alot of destruction. 3 had a pretty decent amount of destruction. personally i liked just destroying things. the dlc addons help make the game a bit easier and at some point you become op with certain weapons 

Same here, the challenges are the hardest part and it's a little grindy but on my ps4 pro I never really experienced any fps drops that were worth caring about. Not like Control has at least. And 4 is worst but I don't feel like it's any harder than 3. I feel like it's easier just more grindy with the collectables. At least the challenges are easier. Especially the wingsuit ones.

• 2 months later...

Bland, generic sandbox. It's inoffensive enough and I've personally had no technical problems with frame rate, glitches etc. It's not the worst game ever by a very long way but I probably wouldn't recommend it as there are plenty of other better games out there.

I didn’t mind it, some of the challenges were a pain, the driving is still terrible and a forgettable story that goes for all Just Cause titles but some enjoyment.

The forth game however.... what a waste of time and money. Literally a just cause 3 re skin with a tornado thrown in. Once that platinum popped I was happy to delete that game 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved it on PC, but my god this is the worst performing game I've ever played on PS4. I think, for me, it might be the first time the performance of a game actively gets in the way of it being enjoyable.

It gets so slow at points that I have no idea what's even going on.

I got the 100% on this a while ago and had next to no problems whatsoever, running on a slim. I had frame rate issues less than half a dozen times , my gripe is I would sometimes spawn with no weapons which sorted itself out just staying idle for a few moments. Apart from that I enjoyed it and its mindless fun ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 9:12 PM, Quink666 said:

My Just Cause 3 is at a solid 2% completion. That's how far i pushed myself through this horrible game. Played it unpatched on release day, game ran at 20ish FPS and dipped lower then that far to often. Aiming sucked ass aswell  as AccessXJ pointed out. Sold the game the day after i bought it. Got it free with PS+ not long ago but i will never return to it. Would probably be a decent game if it didn't run like total dog shit.

you are a better person than me...i gave up at a nice round 1% ...only two trophies in....don't plan on revisiting the nightmare either...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I didn’t find this a worst game ever even back in 2016 when I first tried it, but acknowledged the chronic fps and performance slow down during the action, making it perhaps the worst ‘performing’ open world game.  It remains some of the best environmental destruction in a game last gen aside aside from the very poor fps issues on a base PS4 especially.

I always intended to return to the game one day so been playing through it on PS5 the last few days to aim for the plat and have found it very enjoyable as it runs as always intended, even if it’s only locked at 30.  The world, the destruction mechanics, music and the challenges have been enjoyable to me on PS5.  Would go as far as calling it underrated next to your Far Cry’s, etc.  Worth a shot if you’re lucky enough to try it through the next gen hardware.

All that said, it is a little buggy.  When finishing up the racing challenges don’t be surprised if a random train has derailed at just the right time and blocked off the course for you when trying to ace that best time ....