this game is the worst game ever made.

MatThaRiPP3R84

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't say that it's the worst, but it's certainly up there. Honesty, after having played just 3 of Avalanche's offerings (JC3 and 4, Mad Max), I'm of the opinion that they are one of the most incompetent game development studios ever. JC3 was horribly optimized, full of bugs, had awful forced online features, was full of artificial difficulty, and had the most boring story missions ever. Not to mention the bugged out challenges that were never fixed despite multiple dev team members being shown clear proof of them on sites like Reddit and whatnot. JC4 is all that, with even more bugs and an inferior setting, and, after playing the Los Demonios DLC, I'm convinced that they either exclusively hire unmotivated interns or they have an IQ limit on their candidates. And the whole debacle with the Mad Max server trophy still not being fixed even though they said they would fix it, in addition to that game being pretty shoddy in general. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Each to their own opinion I would say. Sure the game aint great, but I had fun destroying everything in it. And I'm well on my way to get it to 100% now. It's a bit time consuming, thats all. I would not tell anyone to avoid it, if they think it could be fun. I would say give it at go! :D

And I have not had any problems with it at any time. Been playing it on PS4 most, but just got it going on the PS5 now ?

Edited by BatisdaCJ

• 10 months later...

Response to OP,

The game is AMAZING with a jet-powered wingsuit.

I love this game, I'd platinum it again on PS5 if I could.

That being said, when I played the base game of JC4, no wingsuit, let alone a COOL wingsuit like the one in JC3; I put it down 'till I found out the reloaded version had it. It made me realize how without the wingsuit from JC3, it felt like waaay more of a slog to lean into the gameplay cycle.

Transportation across such a vast expanse without a jet-powered wingsuit is an absolute drag.

Regardless,

I look back on my time with this game very fondly aside from getting that ship out of the landlocked lake. Nothing was too frustrating, just took practice, I love how speedy you transition into cars and into the air, It feels great for what it does, no other game has movement like it AFAIK, please recommend others if so. 

I miss it so much that I'm playing JC4 now to scratch that itch. I'd originally given up when I realized the missle wingsuit isn't included in the base game because tbh the game sucks without it. Cars are shitty to drive and parachuting is slow. Wingsuit is cool, but you NEED the jet suit for the most efficient travel.

Anyone wondering if they should play JC3, Do it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 11:42 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

there's like a 1000 reasons why but anyone who has played this fucking GASH would know. i need a break before i stamp on the pro.

This game is pretty ass ?? but now I got a few trophies and have to complete the game. I don’t even understand the story ?? hopefully my 2nd time around.. I can tolerate it more so I can finish it

Edited by xItsLesterx

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2020 at 9:49 PM, Kpppp-2B9SA2 said:

Is it that bad? I plan on playing it in the near future.

It’s a amazing game I love this series try it for yourself

On 11/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, ThunderSaucepan said:

I wouldn't say that it's the worst, but it's certainly up there. Honesty, after having played just 3 of Avalanche's offerings (JC3 and 4, Mad Max), I'm of the opinion that they are one of the most incompetent game development studios ever. JC3 was horribly optimized, full of bugs, had awful forced online features, was full of artificial difficulty, and had the most boring story missions ever. Not to mention the bugged out challenges that were never fixed despite multiple dev team members being shown clear proof of them on sites like Reddit and whatnot. JC4 is all that, with even more bugs and an inferior setting, and, after playing the Los Demonios DLC, I'm convinced that they either exclusively hire unmotivated interns or they have an IQ limit on their candidates. And the whole debacle with the Mad Max server trophy still not being fixed even though they said they would fix it, in addition to that game being pretty shoddy in general. 

Jc4 and 3 are some of my favorite games and mad max is a underrated gem imo

• 7 months later...

Definitely not but the challenges are one of the worst things I've ever seen in a videogame. I played the shit out of this on PC with no problems but now on console this sub 30 fps even on ps5 with this horrible motion blur and enormous input lag I'm gonna just delete this piece of shit from my console and never ever play it again. This has to be the worst fucking port of a game I have ever seen. No other game had so much issues as this from the older games.