A much faster way to unlock "Only One"

KKrischanz

6 hours ago, TheLordDos said:

What kind of controller did you use?

I used the other method, with remote play, but I guess any turbo controller would do the job because it’s just a matter of pushing the same button over and over and rubberbanding the left joystick.

• 1 month later...

I have now the same Stats as the OP except crossing. It stucks at 71 and doesn't progress anymore. What can i do?

I use the own goal methode as an defender, 174cm and 92kg.

Since a few games i change between midfield and striker and cross the ball to teammates, but the crossing xp bar still stucks. :/

I got this trophy last week (and the platinum last night). Literally, just keep the same height and weight as indicated by OP and in defender position. I did the own goal method in the 3v3 brazil tournament and then ended up doing the Miami 4v4 instead (I found it easier, maybe cause I got sick of Brazil). Leave all skill points unassigned and just keep grinding it, you may think it's not increasing but it most certainly is. Some posts have suggested switching the height and weight if it doesn't unlock once you have the same stats but for me, I didn't have that issue. As soon as my last match finished I got a pop up saying I've reached the maximum stats and the trophy popped!

• 5 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, KKrischanz said:

I have reason to believe the information on this trophy in the current Trophy Guide is incorrect or perhaps outdated. I just unlocked this Trophy today and can, with some degree of certainty, confirm that you do NOT need to max out or even come too close to maxing out the rating of all three positions, defender, midfielder and attacker.

I started out, like most people, switching between all three and levelling them equally up to 79 overall (I did not unlock any skill points). At that point progress became extremely slow and I decided to focus solely on Defender until that position reached 80 overall. Once it did, I played a few more games but did not get the Trophy, however: some people on various message boards claimed to have gotten it that early and a personal friend unlocked it with Defender at 80 and the other two positions at 78 and 79 respectively. Our individual stats were not the same however, as his player was smaller and heavier than mine. As soon as I went into character customization and changed my avatar to match my friends height and weight, the "you've maxed out your stats" message popped, along with the trophy. I did not play a single game after changing height and weight. Neither did I touch either midfielder or attacker for the longest time.

Now, I did start out levelling all three positions equally and so cannot confirm whether you could only focus on one positions right from the start of your Volta Journey, but I certainly did not max all three. Below I will list the stats of my avatar at the exact moment the trophy popped. The difference between my avatar, and my friend's who got the Trophy, was that our agility, balance, acceleration and sprint speed did not match. All other stats were the same. When I refigured my height and weight, those 4 did attributes did still not match his exactly but the trophy popped all the same.

It might be that levelling the other two positions to some base level is necessary but I certainly did not play as many games the the author of the trophy guide on this site and in various other places. When I equip the same skills used in the trophy guide my overalls read as follow: Attacker 82, Midfielder 81, Defender 81. Where as the Guide author had an extra overall point to att. and mid. which I imagine would take upwards of 200 games for me to reach personally.

I don't guarantee that any of the above is 100% factual but this is how I got the trophy and I certainly believe it can be achieved in less time than previously thought,

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 202 lbs

Shooting 70

Att. Position 65
Finishing 65
Shot Power 76
Long Shots 77
Volleys 65
Weak Foot 1 Star

Pace 75
Acceleration 77

Sprint Speed 75

Defending 83

Interceptions 85

Heading Acc. 73

Def. Aware 85

Stand Tackle 85

Dribbling 77

Agility 76

Balance 79

Reactions 80

Composure 80

Ball Control 77

Dribbling 77

Skill Moves 2 Stars

Passing 76

Vision 75

Crossing 75

Long Pass 79

Short Pass 77

Curve 72

Physical 77

Jumping 66

Strength 77

Aggression 83

Edit: Added physical stats above as they were missing from OP.

hey @KKrischanz Thank you so much!! got the trophy; though i am too late according to the regular flow ?

And for those who are hesitated whether to play as midfielder or as defender when you have one one or two skills behind the OP, don't worry man. Just be defender and follow the given height and weight. All you have to do is play, more more matches! that's all matter; nothing else!

Edited by amie_alif
I got the trophy
  • Like 1

I have some questions at the moment. I’m close to reach OP’s stats but my pace got stuck at 74 and it hasn’t changed for like 10 matches. I’ve been playing as a defender and I’ve increased my character’s weight like 100 kg because otherwise it looked like my character’s “physical” wouldn’t ever be increased. But now pace becomes my problem. So what should I do right now? Can I play as midfielder or striker then go back to defense? I’m afraid that if I change my character’s body stats then my physical will go down and it’ll hardly ever increase...

Edit: Damn finally reached platinum and got this one of the worst trophies ever in gaming. The key is to reach 80 at all 3 positions without using skill points then just changing the avatar’s height and weight stats randomly. It suddenly popped up and case closed for me. xD

Edited by Denizcankaya97
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got every one of the stats from op but just scratching my head how to increase aggression - it’s just stuck at 79

edit: Played more than 40 matches and aggression not going up I’ll try getting all positions to 80 without using skill points to see if that stat goes up

Edited by CallanGWProx

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 19.4.2021 at 11:30 PM, amie_alif said:

hey @KKrischanz Thank you so much!! got the trophy; though i am too late according to the regular flow 1f605.png

And for those who are hesitated whether to play as midfielder or as defender when you have one one or two skills behind the OP, don't worry man. Just be defender and follow the given height and weight. All you have to do is play, more more matches! that's all matter; nothing else!

So i just go into volta, change to the given height and weight, play as a defender, in 3v3 brazil, and grind matches until the trophy pops? :) That simple?

• 1 month later...

I followed the OP instructions and for a long long time nothing changed, I was desperate... but then, today, out of nowhere, I decided to play a few more matches (just in case) and by changing positions a few time... the trophy popped out! What a relief!  ?

So, of course, thanks to the OP and everyone else who wrote on this topic for the help, but also I wanted to express (like a lot of people already did) how much I hated this trophy! ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Right so I finally got the trophy today.

I played the story as attacker and then read this post. Changed to defended and today got the exact same stats as op.

def was 80

mid was 77

att was 75

played around with height/weight and also change positions but nothing.

Played another 20 games as defender…nothing.

changed to the smallest and lightest possible settings, stats went to 79 overall and needed acceleration, agility and control so played 10 more games. Pace went up 1.5 and then I changed back to 5.7 and 202 lbs and trophy popped straight away.

hope that helps

• 6 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, matigrosso91 said:

FINALLY GOT IT. I can confirm this stats are accurate. You just need to raise Physical a little bit if the trophy don't pop when you get this stats. I played 30 matches more and got it.

Sir, as i said, i owe you a beer.

did you continue playing as defender for the passing to unlock? I'm currently at 75 and a half but it just doesn't seem to go up anymore even after several matches

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 1:46 AM, k1llmanXD said:

Anyone having issues with connecting to the volta server? I'm so close to being done... I just need to level my crossing from 74 to 75, but I got disconnected WHILE grinding out volta two nights ago in addition to last night too. Pro clubs, FUT and seasons all work but when I try to connect to volta I get "unable to connect to the EA servers at this time". I swear this shitty company continuously finds new ways to fuck me around.

What did you do to fix that? It's happening to me right now.

EDIT: For anybody going for this, there seems to be a limit on how many VOLTA games you can play in a day. Either you will get a "cannot connect to EA servers" message, for which you will need to wait until the next day to play again, or you will start getting 0 VOLTA Coins after every match, at which point your character does not progress any further. It should take you about 3-4 days IRL to get this trophy, at about 2-3 hours of grinding a day.

I recommend not always sticking to the given height/weight in the OP. But rather, once you feel progress is slow, keep switching between short/thin or tall/fat. It seems progress towards the average height/weight is faster when you're at the ends of the spectrum.

Edited by Vanqishd
adding info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if it helps:

i did the miami own goal boost. played all the three different positions but mainly defender. my stats have been a bit higher than suggested (but i don't know if it's important) and changing height and weight didn't pop the trophy. i left the height/weight stats like suggested - 174 cm/92 kg, for all living in the metric system. for me it was after playing many matches without making any visible progress and then i gave up the tournament instead of repeating/restarting the same match. that was the moment the trophy popped! 

Edited by KruegAirNo1