Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pirelli913

When and why did you decide to get PS+?

52 posts in this topic

I got it March 1, 2012 in anticipation of Mass Effect 3 because I was hoping that they might have discounts on ME3 DLC or something. Lol! It never happened, but I never looked back...

I got mine back March 16th 2010 back when I found out it gave free games I went for it.. little did I know I got some very good discounted prices for some games also witch I found to be good.

I got a ps3 on march and when I saw they were giving AAA games tittles away monthly it was a no brainer.

About 1 week after they introduced Plus. Tried a 3 month sub first, never considered to drop it since then.

Why? The cloud + free games. 

Edited by Golwar

June 2011, when we got the 30 day plus trial after the 26 day PSN outage, i liked Plus and decided to continue subscribing.

in february 2013.    because i wanted to be one of the cool kids

Edited by shawnbenham

June or July 2012. I had been thinking about getting it for a while and that month they gave away 10 games.

Edited by Div_Muzza

Don't remember the when, but the reason was for the free games and early access to betas and demos and stuff. 

When I found out there was an online storage to back up my ps3 games. I had to get it then - it was a  godsend since I am so paranoid my ps3 will break down on me and I'll lose all my precious, precious, precious data. 

Edited by miki-iki

I got it at the end of June 2013; it is a 1-year subscription that came with my PS Vita. I wanted it because of the free games and online storage of game saves.

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_

I got mine last year in October really just to try it out. I didn't like it at first but honestly I never regretted it I got a whole bunch of games that I didn't have to buy anymore and those discounts O_O I still remember how i got 4 games for $20 during that 13 for 13 sale so worth it ^^

When my 1st ps broke nd I thought I needed it to backup my files and transfer them to my 2nd ps because the 1st ps stop reading disk!

Will get Plus for PS4! Not this time cause it gives you too many games for free! Wish there more spare time for me!

i had one of the first Ps3 models so not much memory so years pass so it was time to upgrade so i bought a 500gGB one and nothing was deleted so i got free ps+ so i just get the free exclusive games 

I got mine back in December of 2012. I got it because I wanted to support playstation for their great network. Also for the great free games! :D

2-3 months after Sony introduced the IGC, i started because of the IGC, free, free, free, free stuff...but now i see that there's more than the free stuff, a lot of great deals from now and then.

Istarted to have this in June 2012 for only 3 months because in June they said it would be on PS+ 20 free games. But then in August I discover that the games stop working after the PS+ subscribe is over (thanks SirBee) so drop it because didn't had the money for it but at my birthday my parents bought a 1 year gift and hope to get another

As soon as it existed.

Because it was there. And I wanted a sick yellow plus beside my name!

After they announced the IGC in June 2012 it was a no brainer, was on my mind a few months earlier as well but the IGC convinced me to do it and bought another years sub in december when it was going for 30% less, no better deal in the world i would say if you actually play the games.

A couple of months ago.

The cloud is an awesome feature as well as the automatic updates. Annoying when you put a game in to play only to find you have to download updates first.

Also because it will be required on the PS4 for online gaming

I got it on August 23 last year. I got it because I kept hearing from everyone what a great deal it was. So I finally got it but unfortunately 9 out of these 12 months the IGC has offered games that I have already owned  :angry:

I think I'll just let it expire and then re-subscribe when I get a ps4 

Joined back in September 2012 when the year subscription was discounted it's safe to say that was the best decision ive made

In December last year when they released it for the Vita, free games ftw!