No new trophies for Warlords?

With The Division 2 the list usually goes live with the server maintenance.  We should know Monday or Tuesday.  Honestly, they really can only add trophies for the story and maybe reaching level 40 and maybe for beating a mission with a certain amount of directives enabled.  There aren’t any new activities and there’s no DZ in New York.  Aside from that it looks like the rest of Year 2 will rely on seasons and the battle pass.  Strongly doubt there will be trophies for that.

• Like 2

I would love some new trophies, this game is fantastic, ive been saving all the trophies i have left for when i make a new character on release. I tried asking 3 times on state of the game livestream, but they didnt respond to me question so i dont think anyone knows. But i think there will be would be even cooler if it was like monster hunter iceborne!

• Like 1

Considering the cost of the DLC (due to which I wont be buying it until its heavily discounted), I'd very surprised if it doesn't have trophies. Considering the game was like £8 to buy recently, £25 feels horribly overpriced.

And if the end result ends up that everything we did in the first game is undone (with the gangs running riot & no mention of our previous character or anyone else outside of Faye Lau so far it doesn't look good) & they kill off Keener, then I'll be finished with the series as seeing what he did next was pretty much the only thing keeping me invested in it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I hope they don't due to the price tag but too early to tell. Destiny 2 surprised me when they launched their last expansion without trophies (thankfully), so maybe this will too.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.  Since they are moving away from the traditional DLCs and going to the battle pass model it's possible.  Luckily not long until we find out.  :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

Only 195 points...reallly could have done so much more with those....

They could have, but this is Ubisoft after all.  :P

It feels like they are wrapping up the story and getting ready to move on to something else.  The fact that we are killing Keener (twice for some reason) puts an end to a major part of the story that started with the first game.  Aside from a trophy for completing the 2nd raid, there probably won't be any other trophies for the Division 2 during Year 2.  With next gen arriving before the end of Year 2, we might not even see a Year 3. 

The list is very reasonable.  Half of it is story, 2 manhunt trophies, rank 40, one main mission with a directive, and closing 2 car doors while in cover.  The fact that they have a trophy for a seasonal manhunt honestly surprised me but that kind of hints at no further trophies for Year 2 as that is a major part of the endgame.  As it simply has us completing one it's basically just saying, "Go ahead and give this a try to see if you like it".

Oh well.  At least we're finally back in NY!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

What exactly does the seasonal manhunt mean? Is this referring to like seasonal events (Halloween, Christmas etc.) like Overwatches seasonal events or like the actual in-game seasons?

It refers to the actual in-game season.  I got this from their site:

"Once you finish the story of Warlords of New York and reach the new level 40 endgame, Seasons bring further progression opportunities and playstyles. Starting one week after the release of Warlords of New York and lasting 3 months, Seasons revolve around the manhunt, a multi-step journey hunting down Rogue agents; players can also look forward to reimagined Global Events, new gear, Leagues and apparel – all with a unique thematic that not only applies to loot but also encounter design.

Every Season pits players against a new target, aided by their local network. The Manhunt takes players across a large and varied set of locations in both New York as well as D.C. – unlocking step by step as targets become available throughout the Season. Finishing the Manhunt will grant a new unique skill mod used by the target players are tasked with taking down. Further down the line we will communicate how players can attain the unique mods of previous Seasons.

Part of our effort to provide players with more meaningful and nuanced gameplay opportunities is to streamline the width of content added to The Division 2, with the goal of a more focused and fun experience.

Narrative elements have been entwined with the Manhunt’s story, gameplay of a particular Season and its Live service, rather than delivered as static story missions such as Classified Assignments. These type of story missions might make occasional appearances but will no longer be the main way we deliver new narrative content going forward."

I just wonder if they're going to save the Keener manhunt for last or if that unlocks after beating the story...

A new target becomes available every 3 weeks starting on March 10th.

Edited by SirShavesALot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rakinho993 said:

Only 195 points...reallly could have done so much more with those....

That's the maximum number of points you can have in one dlc set, so no they couldn't really do more. ? Adding more than that at once requires adding more than one set at a time which happens almost never. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vvinushan said:

It seems the DLC has released a day early for PS4, I'm playing through the first mission now. I might be wrong and that's the only mission they released today!

I'm guessing that's a mistake on their end.  It was supposed to go live for PC players after the maintenance, but not console players.  Too bad I can't check until I get home in 7 hours.  :P

1 hour ago, SirShavesALot said:

It refers to the actual in-game season.  I got this from their site:

"Once you finish the story of Warlords of New York and reach the new level 40 endgame, Seasons bring further progression opportunities and playstyles. Starting one week after the release of Warlords of New York and lasting 3 months, Seasons revolve around the manhunt, a multi-step journey hunting down Rogue agents; players can also look forward to reimagined Global Events, new gear, Leagues and apparel – all with a unique thematic that not only applies to loot but also encounter design.

Every Season pits players against a new target, aided by their local network. The Manhunt takes players across a large and varied set of locations in both New York as well as D.C. – unlocking step by step as targets become available throughout the Season. Finishing the Manhunt will grant a new unique skill mod used by the target players are tasked with taking down. Further down the line we will communicate how players can attain the unique mods of previous Seasons.

Part of our effort to provide players with more meaningful and nuanced gameplay opportunities is to streamline the width of content added to The Division 2, with the goal of a more focused and fun experience.

Narrative elements have been entwined with the Manhunt’s story, gameplay of a particular Season and its Live service, rather than delivered as static story missions such as Classified Assignments. These type of story missions might make occasional appearances but will no longer be the main way we deliver new narrative content going forward."

I just wonder if they're going to save the Keener manhunt for last or if that unlocks after beating the story...

A new target becomes available every 3 weeks starting on March 10th.

Good find, hopefully, this doesn't become unobtainable at some point like the community events in PvZ: Garden Warfare 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Good find, hopefully, this doesn't become unobtainable at some point like the community events in PvZ: Garden Warfare 2.

I don't think it will become unobtainable... kinda.  It sounds like you have to get it done within the season, which is 12 weeks, and then if you miss out on that you would have to play the next season.  I think they charge $10 per season (for the premium track).  The first one is included with Warlords of New York.

This is all just a guess.  I don't know if the targets will become available in later seasons.

Again, this is what makes me think that there won't be any other trophies for Year 2 except for maybe the raid.  They are using the a la carte model that Bungie has in place for Destiny 2.  You can participate in the season or you can completely ignore it.

Edited by SirShavesALot

12 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

I don't think it will become unobtainable... kinda.  It sounds like you have to get it done within the season, which is 12 weeks, and then if you miss out on that you would have to play the next season.  I think they charge $10 per season.  The first one is included with Warlords of New York.

This is all just a guess.  I don't know if the targets will become available in later seasons.

Again, this is what makes me think that there won't be any other trophies for Year 2 except for maybe the raid.  They are using the a la carte model that Bungie has in place for Destiny 2.  You can participate in the season or you can completely ignore it.

I think there will be trophies because of small number of points they are giving...like they are calculating till their limit sony gives them.

5 minutes ago, Cerber108 said:

So, it's time to sell my unopened copy...

Run.  Run away fast.  From what I've been reading so far the expansion has introduced nothing but bugs and destroyed most builds.  People spent hundreds of hours to get builds that were made useless with a single patch.  I can understand wanting to refresh some of the gear to keep things fresh, but to take away all of that time from the most dedicated players is just an awful move and shows that Ubisoft doesn't care about their player base and is incapable of supporting this game properly.

I understand the game is a looter shooter where things change, but this is just too much all at once.  I have been reading posts by people where every build they have is now junk because every piece of gear was randomly re-rolled when the patch applied.  Others have semi-viable builds but can't progress in the expansion because NPCs that give out main missions aren't showing up or aren't responding.  While I'm sure their servers are hammered it sounds like they didn't test much and just released it for another year of beta testing.

1 hour ago, SirShavesALot said:

Run.  Run away fast.  From what I've been reading so far the expansion has introduced nothing but bugs and destroyed most builds.  People spent hundreds of hours to get builds that were made useless with a single patch.  I can understand wanting to refresh some of the gear to keep things fresh, but to take away all of that time from the most dedicated players is just an awful move and shows that Ubisoft doesn't care about their player base and is incapable of supporting this game properly.

I understand the game is a looter shooter where things change, but this is just too much all at once.  I have been reading posts by people where every build they have is now junk because every piece of gear was randomly re-rolled when the patch applied.  Others have semi-viable builds but can't progress in the expansion because NPCs that give out main missions aren't showing up or aren't responding.  While I'm sure their servers are hammered it sounds like they didn't test much and just released it for another year of beta testing.

Destiny pretty much does this on a season basis, weapons become useless and old rubbish ones become good. Builds are nerfed and new ones introduced etc etc. The list goes on

its something I hate, the RNG approach to get new gear every couple of months. 
The whole re role thing is a joke though, questioning whether I’ll bother now or not