Trophies question

there are two trophies in this game that require you to play the game on certain holidays. That being Halloween and Christmas. I really don't want to have to wait an entire year just to play on Halloween and Christmas. So I want to jump my clock ahead of time. However this would be causing me to "time travel"

Which is a bannable offense here.

I was just wondering if anybody knows any tips or tricks on how I can not have to wait an entire year to get these trophies or waiting is really the only thing I can do.

I know in some games people can trick to clock. So that's why I figured I'd ask

A lot of games that have these kinds of trophies can be tricked by changing the clock on your PS3. Turn the system clock to offline/manual mode and choose your date you want to play on, then boot up the game. If you go to the Christmas trophy, the first 50 people to unlock it all played in October, and of the last 50 people to unlock it, only 5 actually played on Christmas. Of the last 50 people to earn the Halloween trophy, only 1 actually played on Halloween.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

However this would be causing me to "time travel"

The time travel referred to as a problem is when people badly unlock trophies with timestamps that haven’t happened yet. Your trophy timestamps will still be legit if you change the clock/date on your console, as that will not affect timestamps. 

40 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The time travel referred to as a problem is when people badly unlock trophies with timestamps that haven’t happened yet. Your trophy timestamps will still be legit if you change the clock/date on your console, as that will not affect timestamps. 

Can you elaborate on this?

23 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

a person recently on the board's got banned for it. So that's why I'm weary LOL. I quite like it here

If you're concerned about how they'll appear if you unlock them on a day different than what it's originally supposed to be, look at my trophy list for SAW 2 below. You can see I earned both the Halloween and Christmas trophies on April 1st. You're changing your PS3 internal clock to a different day, but the trophy sync and timestamps for it are an online based function. That's why it shows it was unlocked on April 1st, even though my PS3 was set to October 31st and December 25th for each trophy.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/430-saw-2/BIOHAZARD-R-US

• Like 2