Majority of my matches ending abruptly with no xp given

I'm having a problem with this game.  Upon noticing the majority of my games were ending abruptly while not giving me any xp, Saturday night I kept track.  9 out of 10 matches ended in this way: timer stopping, characters running until hitting an object, ultimately a black screen, back to the lobby.  That's a 90% failure rate.  I'm not opposed to the grind this game requires, but only if it's doable, and those statistics don't have me believing.

Am I doing something wrong?  I'm entering matches via the Quick Play option, and via open sessions on a community (thought that rarely works, instead offering something about either a 'Bypass Failed' or 'Session Full' message - feel free to comment on that while you're reading).  Regardless if I die early or not, these matches are failing.  My internet has a strong connection.  

From your experience, is this normal?  Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?  I haven't participating in a private match yet, but am working on gathering a new PSN friend or two so I can.

Edited by IntroPhenom

That’s very weird! No, I never had any of this problem, but that was some months ago I played for many hours with a few friends, sometimes I did play the public matches by myself. This sounds like that there was a recent patch that might’ve messed it up. The best thing I can tell is that if you want to get these trophies done, you can do with a friend AND earn XP in private matches.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, r3viladdict said:

This sounds like that there was a recent patch that might’ve messed it up.

Possibly. There was a patch that came out a month or two ago to address kill animations and a few other things. If you have any issues with the game, I suggest promptly making the developer aware at http://jasonkillsbugs.com

Edit: I'm not sure what happens in a public match if the host quits. Possibly something similar to what OP describes unless the host migrates.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, r3viladdict said:

That’s very weird! No, I never had any of this problem, but that was some months ago I played for many hours with a few friends, sometimes I did play the public matches by myself. This sounds like that there was a recent patch that might’ve messed it up. The best thing I can tell is that if you want to get these trophies done, you can do with a friend AND earn XP in private matches.

Never!  Oh boy.  Perhaps the patch is the problem.  

37 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Possibly. There was a patch that came out a month or two ago to address kill animations and a few other things. If you have any issues with the game, I suggest promptly making the developer aware at http://jasonkillsbugs.com

Edit: I'm not sure what happens in a public match if the host quits. Possibly something similar to what OP describes unless the host migrates.

Thanks for the link.  I've emailed the developer, and good question regarding the host quitting.  

• Like 1