Wooow, this is not Resident evil!!!

DividedByMankind

God, I hate the whole "its fun with a friend." Yeah, playing with a bag of shit with your friends is more fun than by yourself too. Its such a poor excuse. If you can't enjoy a game by yourself, its trash. So yeah, re6 is the absolute worst of the franchise. I LOVE re5. I've played them both for the first time in the past few months, and re5 is far superior. It felt like Capcom was still trying when they made re5. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

On 1/11/2024 at 7:41 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

it's not a typical Resi Evil survival horror game but it's a decent action game so far from what I've played

I think that summarizes the game pretty well; it's pretty natural that it is what it is if you're looking as RE4, RE5 and RE6 as the "action trilogy", disregarding the earlier survival horror titles.

Seeing it just as an action game and just rolling along with the "fun stupidity" of it all (like the string of boss fights at the end of Leon's campaign) makes it work pretty well.

I hope you revisit this topic after playing some more, the campaigns all have different styles and themes and it'd be interesting to hear what you think of the others.