FF7 Remake Demo is live

GOOD GOD.

That was fun as hell. Seriously. I liked that. LIKE A LOT. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Like everyone here already said the only exception was the mech boss at the end that LITERALLY WASTED ALL OF MY ITEMS. ?

Other than that... I'm REALLY looking forward to playing the full game. in 2021 because I'm still a year+ behind on games. lol.

I did a stream of it but I don't want to break any rules by posting it here so I'll just post a link to it via status update when I'm able to.

5 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

I heard there are no random battles anymore so is there another way to re-trigger encounters for grinding EXP/levels?

That is my only concern with the game right now. I understand that it's going to be an extremely linear experience, but if all the encounters are "scripted", I'm afraid we'll all end up with more or less the same characters in the same situations. Final Fantasy XIII also suffered from this and it made the game feel even more on rails. I hope that won't be the case here.

Edited by ShadowReplicant

Third time playing the demo, I had the mechanics and the fight down pat so I only ended up using a few of my potions in the end, remember that Barret has Cure and use your blocks and dodges! I'm very glad this game will not be cakewalk on 'Normal'!

Hey guys, have you tried pressing the touchpad during a battle? You get some enemy data including elemental weakness and things like that lol. Now i understand where those enemy descriptions from the leaks came from.

Edited by Lance_87

On 3/7/2020 at 8:28 AM, milanbarca82 said:

I heard there are no random battles anymore so is there another way to re-trigger encounters for grinding EXP/levels?

On 3/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

That is my only concern with the game right now. I understand that it's going to be an extremely linear experience, but if all the encounters are "scripted", I'm afraid we'll all end up with more or less the same characters in the same situations. Final Fantasy XIII also suffered from this and it made the game feel even more on rails. I hope that won't be the case here.

I imagine for the first disc or at least a good part of it the battles won't be random but surely there will be random battles on the later discs when there's an open world to explore. It would be a waste to not be able to explore around the world especially later on near the end of the game where you have a means to travel anywhere on the map.

2 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I imagine for the first disc or at least a good part of it the battles won't be random but surely there will be random battles on the later discs when there's an open world to explore. It would be a waste to not be able to explore around the world especially later on near the end of the game where you have a means to travel anywhere on the map.

Yeah, that's how I picture it going like, the whole, open world/world map itself being random battles, but in locations, to be more pre-set battles instead.