Trophies for Warlord of NYC

2 hours ago, Neomy_jp said:

Hello.
I found the easiest method to get Extreme Manhunt Trophy. First, You change the world difficulty to challenge. Next, You only need to complete the final mein mission and change the mission difficluty to Story before enter. Finaly, you complete the mission and will pop it.

Sorry for my bad English. Good luck:)

Thanks! That's what I asked earlier. I'll try it when I'm up in a few hours and report back.

8 hours ago, Neomy_jp said:

Hello.
I found the easiest method to get Extreme Manhunt Trophy. First, You change the world difficulty to challenge. Next, You only need to complete the final mein mission and change the mission difficluty to Story before enter. Finaly, you complete the mission and will pop it.

Thanks a lot! It works! Just got the Trophy :-)

Edited by donSERJ

16 hours ago, Neomy_jp said:

Hello.

wait can someone clarify, I don’t think I understand. So I change the mission difficulty you challenging, then load up the final mission, but somehow change it to story before entering the mission?

2 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

wait can someone clarify, I don’t think I understand. So I change the mission difficulty you challenging, then load up the final mission, but somehow change it to story before entering the mission?

What you will want to do is change your world difficulty to challenging.  After that go to the final mission for Warlords of New York and select story difficulty for that mission.  Run the mission and after you complete it the trophy will pop.  Just did that and I can confirm that it works.  :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hartgroove said:

Do i need to liberate all 4 areas and do the last boss to change world difficulty to challenging?

Do not see such option, i remember i did that in the main campaign somehow.

Yup.  You will need to beat the Warlords or New York campaign first.  After that you are given the option to change the world difficulty.

23 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

What you will want to do is change your world difficulty to challenging.  After that go to the final mission for Warlords of New York and select story difficulty for that mission.  Run the mission and after you complete it the trophy will pop.  Just did that and I can confirm that it works.  :)

Oh right on! Thank you!!

21 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Yup.  You will need to beat the Warlords or New York campaign first.  After that you are given the option to change the world difficulty.

That's not quite true. Only boss required to change world difficulty, liberating everything is not. Liberated 2/4 regions.

A little roadmap for people who is planning to do the expansion and want to know what to expect. Spoilers maybe.

1. Complete 4 boss missions. On each of 4 regions you have to do 1 mission plus a bit of roaming (2-3 points of interest), it is called investigation.

2. Get level 40 and do a little contamination side mission, to get access to the final boss.

3. Complete last mission on Story to get 2 trophies at once.

4. After final boss change world difficulty to "Challenging", tp to last mission again, change mission difficulty to "Story" and add 1 directive, i added "no radar", easy one. Then it may be tricky to get a group if you don't want to go solo, if you do matchmaking it will be most likely inviting you to other groups, where they may not have directive active or world in challenging. So i "called for backup" got 1 guy and completed mission once. We both got 2 trophies:

5. Shut two car doors while in cover. I just walked by the car and got it.

Edited by Hartgroove
  • Like 3

On 3/8/2020 at 9:03 PM, Hartgroove said:

That's not quite true. Only boss required to change world difficulty, liberating everything is not. Liberated 2/4 regions.

A little roadmap for people who is planning to do the expansion and want to know what to expect. Spoilers maybe.

1. Complete 4 boss missions. On each of 4 regions you have to do 1 mission plus a bit of roaming (2-3 points of interest), it is called investigation.

2. Get level 40 and do a little contamination side mission, to get access to the final boss.

3. Complete last mission on Story to get 2 trophies at once.

4. After final boss change world difficulty to "Challenging", tp to last mission again, change mission difficulty to "Story" and add 1 directive, i added "no radar", easy one. Then it may be tricky to get a group if you don't want to go solo, if you do matchmaking it will be most likely inviting you to other groups, where they may not have directive active or world in challenging. So i "called for backup" got 1 guy and completed mission once. We both got 2 trophies:

5. Shut two car doors while in cover. I just walked by the car and got it.

Trying the call for backup and waited like an hour and still no one joins... The mission is nigh impossible solo. Drones kill me way too quick.

Also they're adding the actual manhunt tonight so not sure if this will mess up the cheat method.

Edited by aZombieDictator

I waited around that time too, man joined in around half of the mission.

We also wiped at the last boss and he left, it was suspicious because we were chatting, i messaged him turned out he had a blue screen. So i reinvited him manually.

I suspect that when your world is in Challenging difficulty calling for backup works only for other players in challenging difficulty world, but maybe not, not sure.

Edited by Hartgroove

1 hour ago, Hartgroove said:

I waited around that time too, man joined in around half of the mission.

We also wiped at the last boss and he left, it was suspicious because we were chatting, i messaged him turned out he had a blue screen. So i reinvited him manually.

I suspect that when your world is in Challenging difficulty calling for backup works only for other players in challenging difficulty world, but maybe not, not sure.

Yeah, calls for back up and matchmaking are difficulty tied. So if your world is Challenging, it calls for other Challenging players. Same as when you match make a mission, it matchmakes for the specific difficulty you’re on.

If anyone is interested in going for the easier workaround for Extreme Manhunt add me- PSN: neahcrow.  I'm in a game right now and haven't had anyone join me via matchmaking for 30+ minutes and no one join call of backup for 30+ minutes.

I've joined other missions but they never must not have challenging global difficulty set as the trophy doesn't pop.  I've tried the mission solo but its very hard 1 v 1 vs Keener with no revive or heal/skills available other than a few armor kits. Does he have unlimited armor kits or does he eventually stop healing?  If so, I could probably do it alone but it might take 30-45 minutes.     I've also tried rushing him to get him to glitch jumping out of the building but it hasn't worked yet.

With one other person we could easily get the trophy together.  I'm actually over mid way through the mission as I type this hoping someone joins.

Edited by neahcrow

I can confirm that only doing Liberty Island on 'Story' after changing your world to 'Challenging' pops the trophy. The mission is tough solo, so I made sure to call for backup 3 times before the no respawn point. That is KEY. Never accept another player invite. You must be host. Got a total of 4 before the no respawn. This may be patched as I saw an update 3/17. Makes sense since the Keener/Liberty Island is technically a Manhunt. Get it before it is patched, because to get this 'legit' you have to do way to much just to get the location of the hunt you're hunting. Fook dat!

Edited by TheGoaler

I can confirm 'Extreme Manhunt' has not been patched yet (even with patch that dropped today).  Ran the Keener mission solo- finally had someone take the call for backup and finished the mission.  Trophy popped.  Again Challenging world difficulty; and set difficulty level to story.

What is the deal with this extreme Manhunt trophy? I joined a group where the world difficulty was Challenging, we completed the Keener-mission on Story, but my trophy did not pop up. Other people say they got it that way. So what was wrong with my approach? That is annoying

43 minutes ago, Wenzeldale said:

What is the deal with this extreme Manhunt trophy? I joined a group where the world difficulty was Challenging, we completed the Keener-mission on Story, but my trophy did not pop up. Other people say they got it that way. So what was wrong with my approach? That is annoying

I think you have to be the host for the trophy to pop.  I would give that a try.

5 hours ago, Wenzeldale said:

If you join someone else’s session that has a map difficulty setting that is different from yours, it won’t count toward your manhunt progress. There is a message on screen when this is the case.

23 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

I think you have to be the host for the trophy to pop.  I would give that a try.

Anyone who's curious to see if you get the trophy as a joining player can join me right now. I'm a third or so through the mission. If it doesn't pop I'll return the favor and help you afterwards. Just send me a message, whoever might be interested.

Edit: Eventually invited someone from my friends list. They had Almost a Band as well as Extreme Manhunt pop at the end of the mission too. 

Edited by drthomys
  • Like 1

Can confirm this still works even after today's patch. Set my global difficulty to challenging, set final main mission to story, activated the 'no radar' directive (not the exact wording on the settings but you'll be able to figure it out) and invited my clan member into my game. His world difficulty was set to hard but as I was hosting and mine was challenging it did not matter. We both got 'Extreme Manhunt' and 'Almost a band'. Thanks Hartgroove. 

I can confirm the easy manhunt method works after last eat patch. Just got the trophy. I finished the main story, changed my global difficulty rating to challenging, fast travelled to the liberty island main mission, changed the mission itself to story difficulty and completed it. Trophy popped at end of cutscene.