Not worth trying to platinum

damilesman

• 1 month later...

I agree that from all the Yakuzas I have played and Plat so far (0, Kiwami 1 & 2 + Judgment), Yakuza 3 is the hardest so far. Kiwami 1 was hard too, but manageable. For me the hardest of Yakuza 3 is the batting center, as I always tend to get 1700 points and then my nerves start getting into me and I start missing, which is very frustrating. Pool seems fine although I have not yet completed it, but letting the opponent do most of the job, then hoping they miss the last or second to last shot and then trying to get the last ball in yourself is a way to get the job done. Golf is hard too, but once you get the hang of it is just about practice. 

IMHO, Yakuza 3 feels old and clumsy in general, still except for the first chapters which are kinda slow, it's still quite fun to play and try to Plat once you get used to it.

• Like 1

For me, mahjong makes all Yakuza plats not worth the time. Just can’t do it lol

edit: Ok, so now I’ve taught myself mahjong I’ve gone back and got the plats for 0, K1, and K2. The game is actually incredibly fun!

kind of dreading this one though, given it’s generally considered janky and frustrating.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 4

On 22/04/2020 at 0:21 PM, leanester said:

I agree that from all the Yakuzas I have played and Plat so far (0, Kiwami 1 & 2 + Judgment), Yakuza 3 is the hardest so far.

Do you really mean this?

I'm losing my mind over Puyo puyo on Judgment...if Y3 is even harder to plat then I don't think I'll even try.

I have plats for Y0, YK1 and YK2...but Judgment is making me start to give up trophy hunting.

Edited by madrabbit1485
spelling

2 hours ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

So, over just a pool mini game that takes a bit of parience, it negates the other 90 odd hours of awesome story, quirky and interesting side quests and the fully realised world youre given to explore? Thats a shame, pass from me then...

Well damn...?

damilesman, just stay with it.  It will open up for you, trust me.  Raise your patience level and be honest with yourself on why you’re not getting the results you’re looking for.  Stay committed and don’t give up!  We’ll see you on the other side when you give us an update...with the platinum trophy!  ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend

On 4/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, madrabbit1485 said:

Do you really mean this?

I'm losing my mind over Puyo puyo on Judgment...if Y3 is even harder to plat than I don't think I'll even try.

I have plats for Y0, YK1 and YK2...but Judgment is making me start to give up trophy hunting.

Don't get me wrong. Puyo Puyo was one of the HARDEST completions requirements ever in all Yakuza related games. It took me around 3 days of only playing that minigame for maybe 2 hours per day. However the rest of the completion requirements are quite manageable thus overall I think it makes it a less frustrating experience. I believe if you get to beat Puyo Puyo, you start taking the other frustrating minigames much more lightly.

The deal with Yakuza 3 is that some of the minigames are rather easy, while at least 3 (for me) were quite difficult, but it depends if the games get to your nerves easily or not. Batting Center (Extra-Hard Difficulty), the Golf minigame (get -5 which I managed to get two days ago, along with a handful of stress) and Pool (due to the advanced AI of the opponents) are some of the hardest requirements so far (although still behind Puyo Puyo) . Mahjong requirement also requires a lot of luck, since getting to 50K points before Dora points needs you to get very good hands and win several times in the same game avoiding to get Ron'ed by your opponent.

Still, I encourage you to try! It might not be so difficult for you, so give it a chance! 

On 4/22/2020 at 0:58 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

As with most things in Yakuza mini-games it's more related to time and patience rather than being super amazing at it.

Totally agree! Patience gets you there eventually!

• 3 weeks later...

Completed majong and pool (got lucky twice with pool) and unfortunately it's baseball that's giving me a real hard time. 

EX hard I can't seem to hit any of the high speed balls consistently. The slower balls give me very little trouble. It's driving me nuts; I might give this plat a miss as well.

Edit: After a couple more hours I've deleted the game for the sake of my sanity. 

I have no intention in finishing Ex hard until they add a marker, fix the synching issue, and fix Kiryu freezing up at odd times. I'm not expecting ANY of those to be so much as considered, so I'm likely declaring this a dead plat for me.

Edited by FearElemental

Baseball was definitely the hardest of the series so far for me. What I had to do is take a small piece of sticky note and lightly put it on the TV to provide a marker for me, and then I had to look up a guide to tell me the speed of the pitches so I knew how twitchy to be and it STILL took me 5-6 tries but it IS doable!

i feel like I had an unreasonably hard time with bowling. It felt like the pins behavior was never consistent so it was frustrating as all heck for me. That an the advanced difficulty Count Up in darts because it felt like that AI would never miss. Those took me entire days to do.

However it is all doable with some patience and perseverance and with baseball a little cheating as well lol.

Didn't even bother attempting the plat in Yakuza 0 and don't plan on going for any of the plats in any of the games when I play them all some day. Personally can't spend hours mastering side activities(majong etc) in a video game. After MP trophies, those are my most hated trophies in a game. Managed to plat things like AC3,RDR and RDR2 with relative ease but I hear the yakuza ones need a lot of dedication 

Thought the pool minigame in the remastered collection was off. I lost count of how many times the trajectory was aimed at the ball but it goes right across it often ending up as a foul. I ended up alternating between the first person and third person view to get a good idea on where the ball will hit, It helps a little. I would definitely say the remastered Yakuza 3 is harder to get the platinum for than the original despite it being less rare because of how many people have played it. 

Pool is hard, no debate there. Unfortunately, the remastered version decides to put a spin on the cue ball when hitting it, if you don't hit it straight. 

It took hours of practice to remotely get my shots straight and hours more to beat the AI. Technique is what matters most here.

I found a post by CyricZ on GameFAQs on the technique, and it was VERY helpful. Hopefully a patch will be released fixing the issue, but for now this solution will need to do.

So you have the Right Stick, and you have your right index finger.

Point with your index finger downwards along the controller, have the tip of your index finger touch the top (by which I mean the side in the "up" direction) of the Right Stick.

Watch your hands, not the screen. Push down (the direction, not inwards) on the Right Stick with that finger slowly. You don't have to push the stick all the way to the edge. I find even about a third of the way and you can still get a decent power shot out of it. By watching your hands, you can make sure you're not putting any lateral movement on the stick.

For the release, simply move your hand back up so that the Right Stick returns to neutral. Don't remove your finger from the stick. Again, you don't have to be that quick about it even for a decent power shot. Don't snap the stick back, don't flick it. Just relax the controller and keep your finger on the stick so it doesn't jerk.

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/239455-yakuza-3-remastered/faqs/77723/pool

Edited by FearElemental
Advice and citation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread makes it sound like this game is much harder than it is. Out of the 19 minigames, the only ones that really take practice are Pool and Batting Cages. Otherwise, this isn't very difficult (although it is long). Both of them can be done with practice. I spent like 3 hrs in batting cages and 5 on pool, but it never felt impossible.

Edit: It's also worth noting that getting the exposed dragon trophy is pure luck.

Edited by sepheroithisgod