The closest time to Diamond Cup

ChenZheCHN

Was tower distance, i dont know who (u or the other guy) went over our 'shared score' of 2040,00m, which i had set (2km isnt extremely much, and a score like this is easily recognizable as a score 'to share') 

As a countermeasure, Arkiokin has done more, see it as a 'punishment', more like 'if we cant share it, then you cant have it alone' which might sound brutal, but it honestly is the only way of having people to stop at a set point, we're trying to make this easier for everyone by keeping people 'in line' so y'all together could gain diamond cups more frequently, because if we'd let 'others' compete for a diamond cup all you'd do is give eachother more competition again where 1 wins & everyone else loses

Besides, we play this game because we like it, we like to get diamond cups as well (its the main goal of the online challenges so...) but with sharing them, we're all happy, nobody loses

I honestly was gonna do more as well, until i noticed Arkiokin already did, otherwise, i'd probably do some 25x0,00m, again as a recognizable score

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Besides, we play this game because we like it, we like to get diamond cups as well (its the main goal of the online challenges so...) but with sharing them, we're all happy, nobody loses

I honestly was gonna do more as well, until i noticed Arkiokin already did, otherwise, i'd probably do some 25x0,00m, again as a recognizable score

Got it. It seems that, from now on, I should check leaderboard before playing distance challenges, in order not to break the recognizable score accidentally :)

Thanks for the explanation and thanks for sharing Diamond Cups.

AdruA_ is right, and it is the reality of the Vita's low quantity of players.

However, in this specific challenge you talk about, it's not exactly why I played over 16km, it's not a punishment. In fact, if 3 or more players would have stop at this 2040m point, I should have not played at all this challenge, cause I only play it to reach at least 7500m on it (so no cup at all, I would have totally  give up this challenge for this time), like for other challenges I have a minimum distance to reach, otherwise I prefer not to play (for example, I extremely rarely play now pit distances cause I should only die after 20km, which need one hour spending on it, so I don't play at all instead, if I have not the time for that). But, on another side, I currently search on tower distance challenges to improve myself on an old technic I had a bit lost the timing (and I search to consolidate it again) and mostly with a new technic on a particular path I must experiment a lot to prove its efficiency or not.

My goal is not at all to have any sort of cup (anyway reaching more than 10km in a challenge with less than 200 players lead, most often, to a gold cup than to a diamond cup) but to solve a problem I have for years, which block me at a certain random point. If I could keep a certain level and find a better solution to succeed the path that stop me 80% of time (or at least decrease the probability I die with this glitch, if I can't erase it totally), I will be happy, and maybe, one day be able to beat my PB on this challenge. For that I need time and tries on this challenge. But this challenge occurs rarely (2 per month only), so when it occurs, and if I have enough time to play at this day, I must practice/play on it, whatever the score of other players. You didn't noticed that, but I first made 10.3km, which should have been enough distance to be 1st or for a "punishment", but for me I didn't played enough to try the paths which disturbed me, so I played again to this 16km, and even with that I'm not very happy with it, cause I died stupidly there.

More than that, if I play with 'ArkioHansha', I give up the potential diamond cup I should gain for my main account also : it's only for a more global will to reach a very superior distance and this goal is share with a bunch of other players on all other versions of rayman legends on PS4, WiiU, switch etc...(it's in fact the case for all distance challenges, except the murfy's one where the Vita's version is a specific one)

So, to be honest, and with my actual search of improvements on tower challenges, I should let players in a share distance only if a player who don't have yet a diamond cup is in the bunch. I can't let myself the chance to practice on this rare challenge (if it occurs in a day I have enough tilme for this challenge which is also not always the case). It's just not the good time for that. Unfortunately (for me) this distance challenge is the only one where you can easily share a distance (just wait the death on any platform) if you except the dojo max lums, and it's also the one I need to practice the more, so I have to make choices sometimes...

Finally, I also know, like AdruA_ said, that if someone "break the deal" with a share distance/score (like a more common tie score on a dojo), a player or another will say in itself either this (AdruA_'s thinking) : "well, I will place the share line higher" or that (most of all other players able to reach easily 4000m on this challenge) : "Well the new top distance (like you were at 2400m) is not very high or difficult to reach, and no one else seem to have played to beat it (nobody over 5000m ?, Arkiokin didn't made one of its stupid 10km+ ?) well it's my chance to have an easy diamond cup, let's try! (it should also be, ironically, your own thinking if you previously saw the other player score at 2200m) and finally also mine's thinking : "ok the deal is over I can now play without any restriction, time for practice, cool!". 

To resume : even if I had not played it, another player (and probably several others) would have beat you after that. The fact I made a very high distance just stopped other players to do better, cause it would have be useless for a diamond cup, even if they have beaten me and made 20km+ for example (cause they know that the chance to gain a diamond cup is only 50% when overpassing 10km, or/and it will need too much time to reach this distance, or/and need to beat their own PB for that etc...)

Edited by Arkiokin