Rozalia1

Playing this in 2020 (Wes)

26 posts in this topic

So I played this when it got given out back in the day and am doing adventure mode for Maxwell which is fine. Looking into Wes though... what a mess... there have been all sorts of tricks and glitches and so forth... but they're dated so old and have changed.

Is it currently safe to go for him and how bad is it really for those who have done it recently? I've twice gotten to stage 3 and got two worlds thus far.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just bad luck. I am trying at least once a month to beat Adventure Mode and so far 19 times I had to restart from the scratch, no luck for Wes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 times? That sounds absolutely horrible. I saw a post saying that it's supposed to be 33% odds to get Two Worlds... but clearly that does not seem to be the case if you've hit it 19 times and nothing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read somewhere you can basically guarantee a Wes spawn by getting Two worlds as your starting world, not sure how accurate that is but thought I'd chime in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Read somewhere you can basically guarantee a Wes spawn by getting Two worlds as your starting world, not sure how accurate that is but thought I'd chime in.

 

I've only seen HaserPL mention it in a thread around here years back. However from other sources I've seen Two Worlds can only come up on stage 3/4, so you cannot get it as stage 1.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting Wes was not that hard ! You have to get Archipelago as a first map and then it would be good. I saw some topics that the third world must be everything except two worlds to be sure to get a Wes spawn. 

It worked for me on my first playthrough. Abuse from usb saves to increase your chance to beat adventure mode and sure do a save when you ll see Wes spawn to be sure not to fail him 😎

Good luck everyone 👊

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 3:17 AM, raphi_boss67 said:

Getting Wes was not that hard ! You have to get Archipelago as a first map and then it would be good. I saw some topics that the third world must be everything except two worlds to be sure to get a Wes spawn. 

It worked for me on my first playthrough. Abuse from usb saves to increase your chance to beat adventure mode and sure do a save when you ll see Wes spawn to be sure not to fail him 1f60e.png

Good luck everyone 1f44a.png

Glad to hear you got it.

 

Honestly trying to force the Two Worlds scenario is a waste of time. I grabbed Wes on the "King of Winter," first playthrough. On a test account I trigged Wes again on "The Game is Afoot" after only needing 2 playthroughs. Had no problem with this on the xbox side either.

 

People just need to actually play the game instead of relying on 5 year old "guides"...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Glad to hear you got it.

 

Honestly trying to force the Two Worlds scenario is a waste of time. I grabbed Wes on the "King of Winter," first playthrough. On a test account I trigged Wes again on "The Game is Afoot" after only needing 2 playthroughs. Had no problem with this on the xbox side either.

 

People just need to actually play the game instead of relying on 5 year old "guides"...

 

I agree what you say : people are affraid of this trophy because too much topics are abusing about Wes rarity...

I was to. But now I know that he always spawn at the third map even if it is not "The game is Afoot".

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should follow up on here that I did manage to finally get it. Search this up if you need it but there is a way to make it so you play on unpatched/older patches versions of the game. Once I did that I played the game unpatched which had a glitch where you could on your first save file get up to level 3, which if Two Worlds you could then leave it on that, start a new game in slot 2 and then Wes would show up in level 1 for you. 

 

If you think of attempting Don't Starve in future whoever reads this then just figure out what I noted here in this post before you do, because without it getting Wes is very unlikely.

 

On 20/03/2020 at 6:17 AM, raphi_boss67 said:

Getting Wes was not that hard ! You have to get Archipelago as a first map and then it would be good. I saw some topics that the third world must be everything except two worlds to be sure to get a Wes spawn. 

It worked for me on my first playthrough. Abuse from usb saves to increase your chance to beat adventure mode and sure do a save when you ll see Wes spawn to be sure not to fail him 1f60e.png

Good luck everyone 1f44a.png

 

You got very lucky if that happened first try because from all the people who have spoken on it elsewhere, the odds are not good.

 

19 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Glad to hear you got it.

 

Honestly trying to force the Two Worlds scenario is a waste of time. I grabbed Wes on the "King of Winter," first playthrough. On a test account I trigged Wes again on "The Game is Afoot" after only needing 2 playthroughs. Had no problem with this on the xbox side either.

 

People just need to actually play the game instead of relying on 5 year old "guides"...

 

 

You sound like you're from their forum with that type of talk. I actually got quite good at doing the levels after a while but I really don't care to repeat them constantly for something which should be a 33% chance but feels like via a coding error it is more like 3%.

 

1 minute ago, raphi_boss67 said:

I agree what you say : people are affraid of this trophy because too much topics are abusing about Wes rarity...

I was to. But now I know that he always spawn at the third map even if it is not "The game is Afoot".

 

 

This type of comment does not help. Wes is rare, much so that he should be because the creators never cared to fix whatever error makes him so rare. Ironically, or perhaps showing their loathing of trophies which is known they did however fix a glitch whose only issue was making Wes spawn outside level 3. Such a stupid thing is to the point I know to avoid/be wary of their games, for all that matters, in future if they detest me playing their game so much because I might want to complete the trophy list.

 

As for your second line... what are you talking about? He doesn't always spawn on the third map as he does not spawn on Two Worlds which is near always the third map.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I should follow up on here that I did manage to finally get it. Search this up if you need it but there is a way to make it so you play on unpatched/older patches versions of the game. Once I did that I played the game unpatched which had a glitch where you could on your first save file get up to level 3, which if Two Worlds you could then leave it on that, start a new game in slot 2 and then Wes would show up in level 1 for you. 

 

If you think of attempting Don't Starve in future whoever reads this then just figure out what I noted here in this post before you do, because without it getting Wes is very unlikely.

 

 

You got very lucky if that happened first try because from all the people who have spoken on it elsewhere, the odds are not good.

 

 

You sound like you're from their forum with that type of talk. I actually got quite good at doing the levels after a while but I really don't care to repeat them constantly for something which should be a 33% chance but feels like via a coding error it is more like 3%.

 

 

This type of comment does not help. Wes is rare, much so that he should be because the creators never cared to fix whatever error makes him so rare. Ironically, or perhaps showing their loathing of trophies which is known they did however fix a glitch whose only issue was making Wes spawn outside level 3. Such a stupid thing is to the point I know to avoid/be wary of their games, for all that matters, in future if they detest me playing their game so much because I might want to complete the trophy list.

 

As for your second line... what are you talking about? He doesn't always spawn on the third map as he does not spawn on Two Worlds which is near always the third map.

I saw a topic where they said that Wes always spawns on the third map, except if this one is "Game is Afoot".

It was true for me. I unlocked Wes on my first attempt in the third world. For me it was "King of Winter".

I don t think I m right but for me it works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2020 at 9:38 PM, raphi_boss67 said:

I saw a topic where they said that Wes always spawns on the third map, except if this one is "Game is Afoot".

It was true for me. I unlocked Wes on my first attempt in the third world. For me it was "King of Winter".

I don t think I m right but for me it works.

 

You have misunderstood somewhere along the line. He only doesn't spawn if the third map is "Two Worlds". He spawns just fine on Game is Afoot.

 

I'm happy for you that you got him on the first try, but that is in no way likely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 27/03/2020 at 6:04 AM, Rozalia1 said:

 

You have misunderstood somewhere along the line. He only doesn't spawn if the third map is "Two Worlds". He spawns just fine on Game is Afoot.

 

I'm happy for you that you got him on the first try, but that is in no way likely.

Yes sorry I wanted to say : It never appears on the map "2 worlds".

(I made mistake cause in French map names are not the same sorry).

But to sum up for new people who are searching Wes, he appears in the 3rd world except if the map is "2 worlds".

In my experience it always worked. 

I ll be glad to read some comments from people who found him this way 😉

Edited by raphi_boss67
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it was pure luck, but I did the following things: 1)start adventure always with archipelago 2 )on my first attempt in first save slot 3d world was "2 worlds" 3) started immediately another game in 2d slot, boom 3d world was winter lvl with Wes.  

So not sure it will work again, but thats how I got Wes. Play with robot, he is overpowered character, actually you cant die with him if you experienced in the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back to this game some years after initially playing it attempting to unlock Wes. First try I got: A Cold Reception - King of Winter - Archipelago. On Archipelago (the good resource friendly side it was surrounded by swamp, and sure enough, in the swamp was the temple with Wes. Good luck to anyone else trying to find him!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the Wes trophy yesterday (6 year+ completion time for the 100%!). After all the patches it’s much easier and more consistent to find him. 
 

He will always spawn in world 3 of adventure mode unless the map is two worlds in which case he won’t be there. The levels are decided as soon as you go through the Maxwell door so you can guarantee he will be there for you by reloading your backup until you get two worlds as your first map. 
 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

I got the Wes trophy yesterday (6 year+ completion time for the 100%!). After all the patches it’s much easier and more consistent to find him. 
 

He will always spawn in world 3 of adventure mode unless the map is two worlds in which case he won’t be there. The levels are decided as soon as you go through the Maxwell door so you can guarantee he will be there for you by reloading your backup until you get two worlds as your first map. 
 

 

??? You did this yourself? As far as I know Two Worlds cannot be the first map. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a recent 100%er I can tell you the only thing consistent in this game is how often Two Worlds shows in chapter 3. 5 times getting to chapter 3, 5 times getting Two Worlds. If you get Two Worlds on chapter 3, back up your save, delete and reinstall the 1.00 version of the game and find Wes in the first world on a playthrough in save slot 2. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration by not praying that RNG will favour you on a second, third, tenth time. Also Two Worlds only shows up in chapter 3 or 4, NOT any other chapter.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comes down to a lot of luck but he’s definitely not an easy find as two worlds pretty much always shows up on the third chapter. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

 

??? You did this yourself? As far as I know Two Worlds cannot be the first map. 

No I had archipelago, two worlds then king of winter on my run.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04.06.2020 at 10:26 AM, Rozalia1 said:

 

??? You did this yourself? As far as I know Two Worlds cannot be the first map. 

He is definitely a hacker omegalul. Two worlds can be only the 3d or 4th world. Im even too lazy to report him lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2020 at 7:35 AM, FilmFanatic said:

As a recent 100%er I can tell you the only thing consistent in this game is how often Two Worlds shows in chapter 3. 5 times getting to chapter 3, 5 times getting Two Worlds. If you get Two Worlds on chapter 3, back up your save, delete and reinstall the 1.00 version of the game and find Wes in the first world on a playthrough in save slot 2. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration by not praying that RNG will favour you on a second, third, tenth time. Also Two Worlds only shows up in chapter 3 or 4, NOT any other chapter.

 

This is what I had to do. Game is digital though so the downloaded version is already updated meaning those going for it have to mess around with that program that downloads the game and stops the patches. 

 

On 04/06/2020 at 10:29 AM, Warlord99956 said:

No I had archipelago, two worlds then king of winter on my run.

 

That would not be possible either mate.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

This is what I had to do. Game is digital though so the downloaded version is already updated meaning those going for it have to mess around with that program that downloads the game and stops the patches. 

Yeah it’s annoying having to muck around to get the 1.00 version but it saves a lot of hassle. Wish I had’ve done it sooner. It’s a fantastic game but the RNG for Wes is utter rubbish.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying for Wes as well.  I'm running the disc version off of the Don't Starve Mega Pack on PS4, which seems to install starting at version 1.08 with the downloaded patch putting it at version 1.13 (there's probably a way to revert it to ver 1.0, but not having any luck).  I'm only on my first attempt, but of course stage 3 was 'two worlds'.  I'm thinking I'll be praying to RNGsus, and keep loading saves from the Maxwell door.  All of these posts were super helpful as I was trying Adventure Mode out, though!  Big thanks to the community!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Xero9989 said:

Trying for Wes as well.  I'm running the disc version off of the Don't Starve Mega Pack on PS4, which seems to install starting at version 1.08 with the downloaded patch putting it at version 1.13 (there's probably a way to revert it to ver 1.0, but not having any luck).  I'm only on my first attempt, but of course stage 3 was 'two worlds'.  I'm thinking I'll be praying to RNGsus, and keep loading saves from the Maxwell door.  All of these posts were super helpful as I was trying Adventure Mode out, though!  Big thanks to the community!

 

I don't think there is a way to revert that to 1.0. You are free to try getting it but believe me, the odds are super low. Your game's list is the same as the digital version though so if you buy that and then use the method to have it download just the 1.0 version, thereby allowing you to use the slot glitch that spawns Wes in stage 1. My suggestion would be to do that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up getting him! :D  After beating adventure mode the first time, it loads up with Maxwell outside of the adventure door, so I just picked up from there.  The order went Archipelago -> A Cold Reception -> King of Winter.  Not sure if this helps or not; might have just gotten lucky.  Thanks for the reply Rozalia1!  I appreciate the suggestion, and it gave me a nice backup plan incase RNG wasn't kind.  Good luck to all trying for this one!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.