Farming crystal lizards

tnaires

Hi all,

I'm one more person in the run to get this awesome plat. I've been following the guide step by step and now it's time to farm the stones I still don't have.

I started farming a pure moonlightstone from the crystal lizard in 3-3. I started from the Maneater archstone and went up the stairs to the lizard, killing all the enemies in the way. Then I did what the guide suggests: I killed the lizard, checked the drops and quit to XMB without pressing X again to confirm the drops.

Problem is that I'm always getting 2 chunks of moonlightstone and I never get anything else, no matter how many times I do it. Does the game really randomize the drops at the moment the lizard is killed? Or the game decides what each enemy will drop at the moment you enter the world through the archstone?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Is the one you're farming right before the last boss? If it is, there's an easier one you could go to. 

But if I remember correctly those lizards have only two possible drops, so it makes sense you keep getting the more common drop. Don't worry, I also had to struggle a few hours to get it, but it will eventually happen. 

Still a cakewalk compared to the farming of Bladestone. That took me a good 4-5 days. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hush_wu said:

Still a cakewalk compared to the farming of Bladestone. That took me a good 4-5 days. 

Never mention that item farming ever again xDxD it's by far the worst in the game hahah.

But I believe World 3-3 lizard farming is the easiest. If you mean to say World 3-2 lizard (the ones near the centipedes), doesn't it take longer to reach it?

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

Thank you all. In the end I gave up quitting to XMB, decided to accept the drops and went back to the Nexus. By my counting I still had 3-4 lizard spawns left, so I felt lucky and decided to spend them, and I got a pure moonlightstone in the second attempt. Crazy I know, but well ?

Now I'm going to try farming a pure darkmoonstone with the lizards in 4-3 world. I'll try to use the quit to XMB strategy again, and I will just be patient this time like you said.

43 minutes ago, Hush_wu said:

Yeah this is the last one I'll go for. I hope I get lucky and don't take too much time, but I know I can't rely on that.

Edited by tnaires
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tnaires said:

Now I'm going to try farming a pure darkmoonstone with the lizards in 4-3 world. I'll try to use the quit to XMB strategy again, and I will just be patient this time like you said.

Worked like a charm. I didn't have to grind much, I got a pure darkmoonstone in my 4th or 5th attempt.

Now, on to that pure bladestone. I've already spent one hour today killing that 4-2 skeleton over and over and nothing so far. This will take a while, but it's way better than quitting to XMB and waiting for the game to reload.

2 minutes ago, MeteoraXV said:

totally randomly just dropping by to say this game is awesome and ruined other rpgs for me

So far I only played Dark Souls before playing Demon's Souls and I must confess I have no interest whatsoever on playing any other RPG game that is not a soulsborne game. Can't wait to start playing DS2 after I finish this plat. Then I want to play BB, DS3 and Sekiro, in that order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tnaires said:

Worked like a charm. I didn't have to grind much, I got a pure darkmoonstone in my 4th or 5th attempt.

Now, on to that pure bladestone. I've already spent one hour today killing that 4-2 skeleton over and over and nothing so far. This will take a while, but it's way better than quitting to XMB and waiting for the game to reload.

I didn't know about that method of quitting to the XMB but I really never had much trouble with the pure bladestone/moonlightstone drops. The Skeleton in 4-2 dropped me the pure bladestone in my 6th attempt. The worst grinding for me were the chunks of Marrowstone. To get just one drop I invested 2+ hours.farming those mosquitos in 5-3.

• Like 1

yeah ds2 is great too despite the hate it gets

i played it a little too early after clearing ds1 so i think i got a little fatigued by it at the end (didnt do the dlc), there is a ton of content

but the past few months ive been constantly thinking about what a great time i had with it so im def geting the ps4 version and will play the dlc this time

so id recommend pacing yourself, unless you're starved for more already lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceridane said:

I didn't know about that method of quitting to the XMB but I really never had much trouble with the pure bladestone/moonlightstone drops. The Skeleton in 4-2 dropped me the pure bladestone in my 6th attempt. The worst grinding for me were the chunks of Marrowstone. To get just one drop I invested 2+ hours.farming those mosquitos in 5-3.

I still need to get a chunk of marrowstone too, thought I would start with bladestone and leave the better for last.

1 hour ago, MeteoraXV said:

i played it a little too early after clearing ds1 so i think i got a little fatigued by it at the end (didnt do the dlc), there is a ton of content

but the past few months ive been constantly thinking about what a great time i had with it so im def geting the ps4 version and will play the dlc this time

I have one friend who played all games in the series and he told me that DS2 is the longest one, despite being less hard. I just can't wait to put my hands on it and see things by myself.

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 7:03 AM, ifyucantbeatmeXD said:

Dark Souls 2 has this really bad reputation, but I’ve never really been able to fathom why. I’ve played through and platinumed all the Soulsborne games and DS2 is undoubtedly one of my favourite experiences!

They did try to innovate a lot in DS2 and some things work a lot better than others, but even the more annoying changes like the addition of the Agility stat or Soul Memory etc. are not irritating enough to ruin the game. And a lot of the features they added were actually really amazing! Not to mention DS2 has arguably the best build variety (and PVP if you’re into that) in the entire Dark Souls series.

I’ve been sitting on the PS4 version for a long time now, and think it’s almost time to dive in and get that platinum again. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! ?

Just stopping by to drop old information that's widespread already, but isn't listed in this particular thread.

When farming for stones, save as many crystal lizards as possible until you can make the world Pure Black to increase the drop rate.

Having a high LUCK stat will not help you find rare items more easily. It honestly makes it more difficult. Same with using the Large Sword of Searching.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...