Memory chip #40 not appearing!

LazyJournalist

Hello everyone!

Strange thing happened to me. I've been on my way to do stuff in chapter 9, where at start you should pick up memory chip #40. The thing is, for some reason it doesn't appear where it should be. Found no info about it anywhere. Also in all guides I've seen it lays where it should be, but i can't see it in my game. Do i need to do something specific for it to appear? Already spent 115 hours into a game, a little bit worried about potential second playthrough just for chips. Would appreciate all your answers!

I waited until post-game to get all the memory chips but I don't know if they just don't appear until after the game. There was the one near the Wind Farm that was right in front of my face the whole time and I have no idea how I didn't get it until post-game because I went through that area multiple times unless it just doesn't spawn until post-game. So yeah, I would wait until after completing the story and then try picking it up again.

Edited by Redgrave

3 hours ago, TukangJamu said:

I found a YouTube commenter who had the same problem. Their solution was to fabricate several different types of bikes before it appeared. Not sure if it's legitimate, but I thought it was worth 

Actually, it was a bug caused by someone placed a pointer sign right on that memory chip, that's why it glitched in my session. I could see the pointer, but the chip itself wasn't there. The solution was quite simple - restarting the game. It connected me to a different server, without any signs near the flash drive, so i was able to see it and pick up. Just like that)

• 3 weeks later...

Should it help others, some memory chips don't appear until you obtain a certain connection (star level) with the NPC in that area; which is why most guides recommend waiting until post-game and after all connections are 5 stars before working on the memory chips.