Is the stress from the mini-game trophy worth it for the Platinum

SimmondsR

Hello,

I just want to get some opinions about whether the stress of perfecting the mini-games was worth it or not?

I've not really done much with them so far but I dabbled in the darts minigame and that alone was a little bit of a pain with how the controls were handled. And I still have the nightmares from Yakuza Kiwami expert pool.

For reference, I've 100% the Completion List for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and Judgement (I just never managed to do those Climax Battles in 0 and Kiwami they just kick my ass). But it's looking like out of all of them the minigames for Yakuza 3 seem the most frustrating out of all the games except maybe Dead Souls from what I hear.

Its completely how you feel at the end of the day, and if it will bug you.

you could always chip away at it over time.

Usually I just try to do all the side stories, but I have just started 3 remastered and just cant be bothered, I did them all back on the PS3 so counting that as good enough XP

• Like 2

If you have 100% the Completion List for Judgment then I would say you have a fair shot at Yakuza 3's at least although the only thing I know of that makes the completion in Judgment bad is Mahjong (as always), Puyo Puyo, and the drone races. However after doing the minigames for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, and Fist of the North Star I really think Yakuza 3's are each frustrating in their own ways so it's more of a pick your poison sort of deal.

Pool is pretty much as bad as it was in Kiwami except now you have to beat all AI difficulties, which includes Expert, on all the Pool games and they will consistently perform trickshots that I don't even think professional players would be able to pull off as much as the game does. And to top it all off, the sensitivity for the remaster got messed up to where if you accidentally bump the stick up to the left or right for just even a bit, you will wind up spinning the ball even if it looks like you should be able to get it in a hole. So not only do you have to deal with the godawful AI but you have to compensate for the devs screwing that up. Why they based the power of your shots on the right stick is beyond me when I think a power meter would have been much better even in Yakuza 0 and Kiwami.

Batting isn't really all that difficult since you can use the same trick as the other games by watching Kiryu tense up before the ball comes. The only issue though is you have to get 1,800 points on Extra Hard which removes the crosshair. So the only two ways around it are to either mentally map where the crosshair was on the lower difficulties or mark your TV with dry-erase marker or a blue tack which I don't even know if it's worth possibly ruining your TV for. I think it's incredibly stupid that for these minigames though people recommend getting a ruler or blue tack or whatever since it turns what should be a simple minigame into a project.

As far as Golf goes, don't let anyone lie to you and say it's a relaxing game because it isn't. Even in real life it's frustrating as hell. I'm not really sure what advice I can give on it though other than try and hit balls on the green as best you can on the first one or two swings and then try to putt it in one shot. You can't really copy a video either since you also have to account for the wind direction which is random every time and I honestly have no idea how to compensate for it other than trying not to hit the ball too hard in the opposite direction. You can adjust the spot that you hit the ball also but I really don't know how to take advantage of that feature since I don't feel like it makes much difference.

Darts is more or less the same as Yakuza 0 and Kiwami however you can't buy better darts to make it easier. This is also a game where the Expert AI is able to do precise calculations where it can get Triple 20's no problem most of the time so you have to pretty much make sure you get all the shots you need without messing up. Otherwise it's not too bad but I still don't like it because of the Expert AI.

Bowling is pretty easy once you get a consistent method. The method I did was I went to the second dot on the left from the middle and then tried to aim between the middle pin and the left or right one as best I could and then get the power within 89-100 and I got Strikes more often than not.

Karaoke is kind of annoying because the note speed will speed up at the beginning of a line of a song and has caught me off guard more times than I can count. I found this to be an issue in Yakuza 0 and Kiwami too but it wasn't as bad in those by comparison. I don't know who thought it a good idea to just have the notes speed up like that. But it also to me feels like when there's a cluster of notes it's harder to get them all and I feel like there's kind of a delay at times. It's really hard to put it into words but it feels really off to me.

UFO Catcher is simple but takes a few tries. I feel like the prizes are slightly more slippery compared to the other games but I'm not sure. And I'm not a fan of the fishing. It's also kind of annoying because you have to go back and forth at your item box to put bait in your inventory.

The gambling games are pretty much the same thing as they always have been and I'm pretty much a broken record when it comes to Mahjong so I don't really want to make several paragraphs again about how much I hate that damn game.

The only minigame I would say is actually not frustrating and is kind of fun is Boxcelios because it's simple, arcade-y, and it doesn't feel like you have to turn the game into a project by having to buy a ruler to put on the TV or any of that bullshit because of the cheap AI.

So is it worth it for the Platinum? The best answer I can give to that is... maybe? When I think of a minigame in other games, I think of something that's a quick distraction from the story or something that helps you get money or an item and is just a simple and fun game to play that you can complete what you need to do in like an hour at most. Or if they do take a lot of time, they have a fun factor like Gwent in The Witcher 3. Yakuza, as much as I do love the story, the characters, and all the hype moments throughout them, I absolutely hate the minigames because they feel like they are just more frustrating than fun because of weird mechanics or AI that does everything it can to stack things against you. So minigames that in most other games would take like an hour maybe two to complete, Yakuza minigames can take hours if not days to do because there's always something about them that makes them twice as difficult as they should be and it sucks the fun factor right out of it.

So yeah, if you really want that Platinum I would say go for it. But if you're not too bothered by missing out on a Platinum I would say don't or at the very least just try and get what you can get done before your sanity breaks. But who knows, maybe I'm just awful at them myself and am being a tryhard. Or maybe you would be better at them than you think you would be. I'm mainly just giving my perspective here. As a famous man once said, "You'll never know if you don't go. You'll never shine if you don't glow."

Mahjong still does and always will forever suck though.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2020 at 4:23 AM, Redgrave said:

If you have 100% the Completion List for Judgment then I would say you have a fair shot at Yakuza 3's at least although the only thing I know of that makes the completion in Judgment bad is Mahjong (as always), Puyo Puyo, and the drone races. However after doing the minigames for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, and Fist of the North Star I really think Yakuza 3's are each frustrating in their own ways so it's more of a pick your poison sort of deal.

Pool is pretty much as bad as it was in Kiwami except now you have to beat all AI difficulties, which includes Expert, on all the Pool games and they will consistently perform trickshots that I don't even think professional players would be able to pull off as much as the game does. And to top it all off, the sensitivity for the remaster got messed up to where if you accidentally bump the stick up to the left or right for just even a bit, you will wind up spinning the ball even if it looks like you should be able to get it in a hole. So not only do you have to deal with the godawful AI but you have to compensate for the devs screwing that up. Why they based the power of your shots on the right stick is beyond me when I think a power meter would have been much better even in Yakuza 0 and Kiwami.

Batting isn't really all that difficult since you can use the same trick as the other games by watching Kiryu tense up before the ball comes. The only issue though is you have to get 1,800 points on Extra Hard which removes the crosshair. So the only two ways around it are to either mentally map where the crosshair was on the lower difficulties or mark your TV with dry-erase marker or a blue tack which I don't even know if it's worth possibly ruining your TV for. I think it's incredibly stupid that for these minigames though people recommend getting a ruler or blue tack or whatever since it turns what should be a simple minigame into a project.

As far as Golf goes, don't let anyone lie to you and say it's a relaxing game because it isn't. Even in real life it's frustrating as hell. I'm not really sure what advice I can give on it though other than try and hit balls on the green as best you can on the first one or two swings and then try to putt it in one shot. You can't really copy a video either since you also have to account for the wind direction which is random every time and I honestly have no idea how to compensate for it other than trying not to hit the ball too hard in the opposite direction. You can adjust the spot that you hit the ball also but I really don't know how to take advantage of that feature since I don't feel like it makes much difference.

Darts is more or less the same as Yakuza 0 and Kiwami however you can't buy better darts to make it easier. This is also a game where the Expert AI is able to do precise calculations where it can get Triple 20's no problem most of the time so you have to pretty much make sure you get all the shots you need without messing up. Otherwise it's not too bad but I still don't like it because of the Expert AI.

Bowling is pretty easy once you get a consistent method. The method I did was I went to the second dot on the left from the middle and then tried to aim between the middle pin and the left or right one as best I could and then get the power within 89-100 and I got Strikes more often than not.

Karaoke is kind of annoying because the note speed will speed up at the beginning of a line of a song and has caught me off guard more times than I can count. I found this to be an issue in Yakuza 0 and Kiwami too but it wasn't as bad in those by comparison. I don't know who thought it a good idea to just have the notes speed up like that. But it also to me feels like when there's a cluster of notes it's harder to get them all and I feel like there's kind of a delay at times. It's really hard to put it into words but it feels really off to me.

UFO Catcher is simple but takes a few tries. I feel like the prizes are slightly more slippery compared to the other games but I'm not sure. And I'm not a fan of the fishing. It's also kind of annoying because you have to go back and forth at your item box to put bait in your inventory.

The gambling games are pretty much the same thing as they always have been and I'm pretty much a broken record when it comes to Mahjong so I don't really want to make several paragraphs again about how much I hate that damn game.

The only minigame I would say is actually not frustrating and is kind of fun is Boxcelios because it's simple, arcade-y, and it doesn't feel like you have to turn the game into a project by having to buy a ruler to put on the TV or any of that bullshit because of the cheap AI.

So is it worth it for the Platinum? The best answer I can give to that is... maybe? When I think of a minigame in other games, I think of something that's a quick distraction from the story or something that helps you get money or an item and is just a simple and fun game to play that you can complete what you need to do in like an hour at most. Or if they do take a lot of time, they have a fun factor like Gwent in The Witcher 3. Yakuza, as much as I do love the story, the characters, and all the hype moments throughout them, I absolutely hate the minigames because they feel like they are just more frustrating than fun because of weird mechanics or AI that does everything it can to stack things against you. So minigames that in most other games would take like an hour maybe two to complete, Yakuza minigames can take hours if not days to do because there's always something about them that makes them twice as difficult as they should be and it sucks the fun factor right out of it.

So yeah, if you really want that Platinum I would say go for it. But if you're not too bothered by missing out on a Platinum I would say don't or at the very least just try and get what you can get done before your sanity breaks. But who knows, maybe I'm just awful at them myself and am being a tryhard. Or maybe you would be better at them than you think you would be. I'm mainly just giving my perspective here. As a famous man once said, "You'll never know if you don't go. You'll never shine if you don't glow."

Mahjong still does and always will forever suck though.

This is crazy good advice haha but I think in the end I've decided not to go through with the Platinum on this one or at least not right away.

There are just too many mini-games that are not refined enough but require absolute mastery and I don't know if I can be bothered with this one. With the other Yakuza's/Judgement I played it was always just one or two mini-games that were a little irritating but with Yakuza 3 it just seems like 80% of the mini-games are just pure hassle.

As you say with Pool and Baseball, if I have to go out of my way to get a ruler or a marker to be able to fully complete the mini-game then it just doesn't seem worth it. I mean I could do those things but even then it's ludicrous that that seems to be the general solution (except for those that can do this naturally in which case which altar of yours should I pray at you, absolute God).

But so far I've found with most of these mini-games they have something about them that it's just that little bit broken and could use a tune-up:

Golf - I swear Kiryu (being the big fella he is) puts way more 'umph' into those hit than what the bar displays especially when putting.

Pool - I swear that sometimes the project line is wrong and sometimes my ball goes way off course but then as you said I guess this is an issue with the remaster.

Darts - Controls for this just seems inconsistent sometimes I can get perfect triple 20's and other times it's waaaayyy off course.

Coliseum - I don't consider myself crazy bad at the fighting but I've always managed to scrape by but Komaki at the coliseum is a broken ass fight (Fight me on this!)

Honestly, if I put my mind to it I could probably do the mini-games if I bashed my head against the wall enough but I think the main problems would be Pool and the Baseball. The golf is a little frustrating at times but I was able to get around -2/ -3 just trying to unlock the substory so that was fine and I've never struggled with the Karaoke and if I do I use the Remote Play on my Vita to get less of a lag input with a smaller screen.

I totally understand why people hate Mahjong but I may be in the small minority where I actually enjoy the Mahjong as long as they don't make it crazy bad in the Completion List where I have to play a crazy amount of games or play the harder tournaments (Looking at you Judgement). Poker has always been the bane of my existence when it comes to the gambling mini-games the cowards always fold immediately or only bet pennies when I have the winning hand it's almost like I'm playing against an AI with a specific algorithm to not allow me to win a huge amount of money........-_-  praise the cheat items in this regard though. 

But regardless, thank you for taking the time to write a reply I appreciate knowing I'm not alone in thinking the mini-games in the Yakuza series can be a pain sometimes haha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SimmondsR said:

This is crazy good advice haha but I think in the end I've decided not to go through with the Platinum on this one or at least not right away.

There are just too many mini-games that are not refined enough but require absolute mastery and I don't know if I can be bothered with this one. With the other Yakuza's/Judgement I played it was always just one or two mini-games that were a little irritating but with Yakuza 3 it just seems like 80% of the mini-games are just pure hassle.

As you say with Pool and Baseball, if I have to go out of my way to get a ruler or a marker to be able to fully complete the mini-game then it just doesn't seem worth it. I mean I could do those things but even then it's ludicrous that that seems to be the general solution (except for those that can do this naturally in which case which altar of yours should I pray at you, absolute God).

But so far I've found with most of these mini-games they have something about them that it's just that little bit broken and could use a tune-up:

Golf - I swear Kiryu (being the big fella he is) puts way more 'umph' into those hit than what the bar displays especially when putting.

Pool - I swear that sometimes the project line is wrong and sometimes my ball goes way off course but then as you said I guess this is an issue with the remaster.

Darts - Controls for this just seems inconsistent sometimes I can get perfect triple 20's and other times it's waaaayyy off course.

Coliseum - I don't consider myself crazy bad at the fighting but I've always managed to scrape by but Komaki at the coliseum is a broken ass fight (Fight me on this!)

Honestly, if I put my mind to it I could probably do the mini-games if I bashed my head against the wall enough but I think the main problems would be Pool and the Baseball. The golf is a little frustrating at times but I was able to get around -2/ -3 just trying to unlock the substory so that was fine and I've never struggled with the Karaoke and if I do I use the Remote Play on my Vita to get less of a lag input with a smaller screen.

I totally understand why people hate Mahjong but I may be in the small minority where I actually enjoy the Mahjong as long as they don't make it crazy bad in the Completion List where I have to play a crazy amount of games or play the harder tournaments (Looking at you Judgement). Poker has always been the bane of my existence when it comes to the gambling mini-games the cowards always fold immediately or only bet pennies when I have the winning hand it's almost like I'm playing against an AI with a specific algorithm to not allow me to win a huge amount of money........-_-  praise the cheat items in this regard though. 

But regardless, thank you for taking the time to write a reply I appreciate knowing I'm not alone in thinking the mini-games in the Yakuza series can be a pain sometimes haha.

Yeah, the game itself is great and it surprised me in a lot of ways regarding the story but yeah the minigames are quite the hassle. If it means anything though, I have heard that Yakuza 4 is a bit easier by comparison and I think with one exception in Yakuza 5 it's also easier but from what I have been told, Yakuza 0 apart from Yakuza 3 is the more challenging of the Platinums. So I guess the line of thinking is if you can do Yakuza 0 you can definitely do 4 and 5 but I haven't played those yet so we'll see.

Admittedly when I typed the initial response I had a bad mix of being tired, hungry, having a headache, and playing Advanced Pool for over an hour so I feel I was more harsh on them than I needed to but I still stand by that they can be pretty ridiculous in AI difficulty and the whole thing about having to use rulers and stuff. With that said though, the day after typing it I did manage to do all the Pool requirements if only because I felt like I got lucky in regards to the AI suddenly just losing it's ability to play for some reason and I took advantage of their mistakes. One time they even pocketed the 8 Ball when they shouldn't have and it just let me win.

I also got a -4 on Golf and I could have gotten a -5 but I wound up overestimating a putt shot and it lowered my score :[ That's something else that kind of bugs me about golf is when it comes to making a putt shot I just can't get a feel for it. Normally I'm really good at eyeballing these sort of things but I can't get a feel for doing it in this for some reason. As for Kiryu hitting it too hard, it could be the wind direction making it fly way farther than you want it to. The worst hole for me is the third one because if you want to get it as close to the green as possible you either have to hit it in the rough before it or overshoot it and there isn't really a good way around it without taking an extra shot.

For the gambling games and Mahjong I forgot about the cheat items but I worry I'll waste one :P As for Mahjong if you enjoy it that's fine :) I just can't wrap my head around it and I think the part of it is it's a foreign game with all these different kinds of rules that even the game has a hard time explaining, and looking up tips online mostly has people suggesting a four hour tutorial video. ?

But the other thing is like you said with Poker it just feels like the AI does everything it can to make sure you don't win. For Mahjong in particular it just feels like it gives the other players the tiles they need to call Riichi or Tsumo in less than ten turns while I struggle to get even one tile to get started on a good hand. I felt like this was cranked up to eleven in Kiwami 2 since I couldn't even get first place on any of the tables without a cheat tile and even when I was about to win the game would rob me of a victory at the last second. If there was ever a game where I just felt like it actually wanted me to suffer that would have been it.

Darts and Karaoke for me will certainly just take patience so I think apart from the gambling stuff Golf and fishing are my only other obstacles at the moment. I did about half the stuff in the Coliseum but I'm sure Komaki will be a fun fight :P

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience it wasn't as bad as people say it is. The minigames list is the only one you need to complete for platinum.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, SimmondsR said:

And I still have the nightmares from Yakuza Kiwami expert pool.

Try using the "ruler trick", I can't find the YT video about it anymore but this reddit topic also explains it really well.

27 minutes ago, lionheart_811 said:

so... any pool geniuses want to share play expert rotation and expert 8-ball before I shoot myself?

Got the plat yesterday but I feel your pain.. I was already spent after trying to beat advanced 8-ball for nearly 1.75 hrs..

Can't say I have any tips other than keep trying and you'll eventually get it. It depends a lot on luck (placement of the balls and the rate at which the AI messes up which seems to be about 4-5 balls sunk in before they miss on expert) as well as of course your skill set. 

I discovered this late game as well but I found that hitting the balls at minimum power makes your aim much more accurate. So if you feel like your balls are aligned with the hole but then you hit it a little too hard, chances are you're going to miss..

Another thing is that I try to sink the balls in the middle first if they're easy to do as those are the most challenging ones to sink later on if the white ball is near the edges. It's kind of like you have to plan ahead and not just sink one ball at a time for whichever one is easy to do at that moment. 

And also if you're good at combination shots, then do so in rotation as it helps you rack extra points. It can feel like you're getting shat on/destroyed but just remember that you can always make it and win provided your opponent hasn't hit 61 points yet :).

I'd say pool here ranks as probably the top 3 hardest minigames in the series. Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, PooPooBlast said:

Got the plat yesterday but I feel your pain.. I was already spent after trying to beat advanced 8-ball for nearly 1.75 hrs..

Can't say I have any tips other than keep trying and you'll eventually get it. It depends a lot on luck (placement of the balls and the rate at which the AI messes up which seems to be about 4-5 balls sunk in before they miss on expert) as well as of course your skill set. 

I discovered this late game as well but I found that hitting the balls at minimum power makes your aim much more accurate. So if you feel like your balls are aligned with the hole but then you hit it a little too hard, chances are you're going to miss..

Another thing is that I try to sink the balls in the middle first if they're easy to do as those are the most challenging ones to sink later on if the white ball is near the edges. It's kind of like you have to plan ahead and not just sink one ball at a time for whichever one is easy to do at that moment. 

And also if you're good at combination shots, then do so in rotation as it helps you rack extra points. It can feel like you're getting shat on/destroyed but just remember that you can always make it and win provided your opponent hasn't hit 61 points yet :).

I'd say pool here ranks as probably the top 3 hardest minigames in the series. Good luck! 

I imagined to finally get the platinum last night, but holy christ it took me all weekend for just those two games. After getting my ass handed to me all day in eight-ball (including choking away a guaranteed win by hitting the eight-ball too lightly leaving it right in front of the pocket), the CPU finally decided to show mercy on me when the AI uncharacteristically decided to hit the cue ball super hard and ended up illegally pocketing the eight-ball, giving me the win.

Right after that, I managed to do rotation within three tries by some miracle. I was down 8 to 58, the AI failed to pocket the 12 ball and left it right in front of the pocket for me to sink. At this point, I thought I was screwed because the 13 ball was right next to the 14 ball and positioned in such a way that I thought it'd be impossible to pocket, so I just did a yolo power shot that ended up paying off as it ricocheted off the 14 ball, bounced off a wall, and got pocketed. The 14 and 15 balls were easy pockets and I got the win and the platinum.

Holy hell what a journey 

• Like 1

On 04/03/2020 at 1:06 PM, SimmondsR said:

Hello,

I just want to get some opinions about whether the stress of perfecting the mini-games was worth it or not?

I've not really done much with them so far but I dabbled in the darts minigame and that alone was a little bit of a pain with how the controls were handled. And I still have the nightmares from Yakuza Kiwami expert pool.

For reference, I've 100% the Completion List for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and Judgement (I just never managed to do those Climax Battles in 0 and Kiwami they just kick my ass). But it's looking like out of all of them the minigames for Yakuza 3 seem the most frustrating out of all the games except maybe Dead Souls from what I hear.

Yes - probably still one of my most memorable platinum experiences in the last 10 years. I'm not sure if you need to treat yourself to that experience that borders on torture multiple times though... 

Well, imo minigames are the least evil in this game, I only struggled with bowling for 3 hours and same with advanced pool bot (2 hrs, tho I obliterated expert bot with break ace out lol). 

For bowling I was using left corner, right aim, full power and max left spin (it still depends on luck a lot). 

For billiard search ruler/paper trick on YouTube, and very thoroughly pull stick back. Trick is essential (in Y0 and YK1 you will be pool king with this), but you still can mess your shot up easily because of stick sensitivity. 

Darts: Kiryu's hand flutters around in vertical oval shape, and slows down at bottom and top parts of that oval. When it slows at top part, as fast as possible pull stick back, wait 1-2 seconds (hand stands still for around that time. After that time it starts fluttering again and you will miss). Dart will hit a bit lower than you were aiming. For example, aim at bottom single 20 part to hit triple 20. I hope I described this understandably. Took me 2 hrs to figure out this aiming tip and maybe two tries on each advanced bot to beat them in cricket. Cricket is the hardest mode, others are walk in the park when you got a hang of aiming, easy and medium bots are just dumbasses. https://imgur.com/a/phjDuBh

Edited by Majima_Junsa
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 24.3.2020 at 7:11 PM, Majima_Junsa said:

Well, imo minigames are the least evil in this game, I only struggled with bowling for 3 hours and same with advanced pool bot (2 hrs, tho I obliterated expert bot with break ace out lol). 

For bowling I was using left corner, right aim, full power and max left spin (it still depends on luck a lot). 

For billiard search ruler/paper trick on YouTube, and very thoroughly pull stick back. Trick is essential (in Y0 and YK1 you will be pool king with this), but you still can mess your shot up easily because of stick sensitivity. 

Darts: Kiryu's hand flutters around in vertical oval shape, and slows down at bottom and top parts of that oval. When it slows at top part, as fast as possible pull stick back, wait 1-2 seconds (hand stands still for around that time. After that time it starts fluttering again and you will miss). Dart will hit a bit lower than you were aiming. For example, aim at bottom single 20 part to hit triple 20. I hope I described this understandably. Took me 2 hrs to figure out this aiming tip and maybe two tries on each advanced bot to beat them in cricket. Cricket is the hardest mode, others are walk in the park when you got a hang of aiming, easy and medium bots are just dumbasses. https://imgur.com/a/phjDuBh

thank you so much for your explanation ?⭐

Edited by PETMAN3000

• 3 months later...

The only game I’m finding frustrating is the ex hard baseball. Can only seem to get 1400 for some reason, mainly due to the variation in ball speed from one attempt to the next I think (even with the same number pitch). Mainly annoying because I have hit every bloody ball at the desired target, just not all during the same run. Need to keep my concentration better.

the pool mechanics were a bit too twitchy, and fishing was just dull, shogi pointless as always, but I can’t say anything has been too terrible.

nothing that had me raging like some of the climax battles in K1 anyway.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This was probably my hardest platinum trophy ever.

I was really struggled with golf but after a few tries I was even enjoyed it, it was a cool minigame.

Then came the battling ex-hard. It was a nightmare for me. I was even struggled with easy, because it was just too fast for me, but eventually got all difficulties (except ex-hard) in 5-8 tries. On ex-hard, didn't count, but I made at least 100 tries, or more. The main problem for me was that I was practiced and beat all of the previous difficulties with watching Kiryu's movement, and that is just not working for ex-hard. When I started to watch the ball and react to that movement, I beat ex-hard in (I'm not kidding) the 3rd attempt. I wasted so much time on a bad strategy.

Oh and than, I made everything else trophywise, beat the ultimate match and the game on legend difficulty, but pool was still there. I'm not an expert pool or snooker player but know the rules and played casual matches with an old flash game back in the 2000s, and never have any problem with pool in Yakuza 0 (it was probably my favourite minigame in it). But here it is beyond awful. The controls wasn't really the problem for me, until the expert AI, but that guy is just ridiculous. Impossible shots after impossible shots, make 5-6 perfect combination, cannon or kiss shots and than make an exceptionally bad shot (if he doesn't sink the 8 ball in the 8 ball game mode I probably can't even have the platinum trophy now and still trying to beat it). The physics fucked up my runs at least two times (my ball doesn't ricocheted from the wall and it's just stucked to it one time), and I was so close to beat him in rotation a few times, that I was in a miserable state. 

And yesterday I just made it. I don't know how, I don't even focused on the game itself, I was just shot the ball as hard as I can, the AI made the perfect shots...and then it had a foul. I was picked my spot with the cue ball, sink the first, and I was in an advantage in points (41 to 36 or something). My eyes gouged out, my heart was beating like crazy and than sank all of the frickin' balls on the table. I was finished with 65 points, Kiryu was standing proud, "You win" text was showed, Minigame master trophy popped and than the shiny platinum too. 

It was a blast. I don't say this game was perfect but it was worth every minute of it.

• Like 1