How diablo-like is this?

antmoney151

It's just an isometric Darksiders. War plays almost exactly as in the first game and Strife has more of twin-stick shooter style gameplay. There is no loot. Well, there are creature cores that boost your "power", but no gear and stats like any diabloid.

• Like 2

Its more like gauntlet than diablo.

There is a rather large skill tree you can customize, 3 ultimates, 6 weapon effects, health increases and mana increases that you can collect for your dudes. But there is no gear grind or increasing difficulty loop like diablo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

So, it's more like Furi?

56 minutes ago, ZeromusF4 said:

id say yes

Lol, how exactly is this isometric action RPG anything like the boss-rush Furi?

I'm not being disrespectful, I'm genuinely interested. I adore Furi, but it doesn't look anything like Darksiders Genesis. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'd say it is a twin stick shooter with a  melee option but the twin stick route is the way to go. The Creature Cores are the loot, which is essentially a way to potentially level your stats. The Creature Core tree however limits the potential of each core, making it somewhat obsolete to level each core, since you can only use the entirety of some abilities. It is definitely an engaging "okay, I'll put this here and this here to get the best I can get out of this core and sacrifice some ability from this core because this slot only allows level 2 of the core's abilities"... It can honestly get a little tedious, but is a unique system. It is also an isometric game with platforming. This game should not have had platforming.

it's pretty good, but not amazing, a serviceable game and I doubt I would have gone out of my way to even start it, if it wasn't called darksiders.

the gameplay is good though, difficulty is ok and nothing feels shit about it. but nothing feels spectacular either which is a trait every other  darksiders game does share. i remember it had some tricky platforming moments as per most darksiders games, character switching on the fly is nice too and some of the bosses do require a fair bit of timing, positioning etc, certain bosses can 1 shot you if your not double jumping at the right time etc.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84