Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-03-05 Weekly Extreme)

ChenZheCHN

I saw two of the best players got same results of 4095.43m.

Could anyone please confirm this?

BTW: How to get past the pillars (called as Alpha by Arkiokin) at 1000m? My princess sometimes could get through them, but in most cases, she either overjumped the first pillar (so died at the second), or failed to reach the fourth pillar (so died at the fourth)... What caused the difference?

----

Updates:

1. Yes! It is glitched!

2. The Weekly Extreme Challenge ends at 2020-03-12 00:05 UTC, as shown in the game.

3. A guide about how to change your character to a princess can be found here.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
Updates.

2 answers:

- First : Yes, this challenge is glitched at "4095m", : It's VERY rare that this type of challenge should be a weekly one (only the third time since 5 years). Most of all, this "4095" challenge is the EASIEST one ever encountered (Of all over the other 20+ "4095" challenges I played since Feb 2015)

- Second : The pillars you encounter at 1000m is not at all an "alpha" (in fact there are NONE alpha in this run until 4095 (it's one of the reasons it's a very easy challenge), it's a totally common "4 sliders in the wind" path : to succeed it : simply push down the first pillar as soon as you can (as soon as it appears on the right of the screen, but you have a bit more time than just "as soon as" don't worry) and then all the rest will work flawlessy (push down the 3rd pillar then the 4th..and that's it)

I probably will make a tutorial video for this challenge, just wait few hours. In fact, the only real problem here is to play with a princess, which is not the best character for this type of challenge (sometimes has strange behaviour on some paths). you can also play with a teensie (to reach 4095.42m which is equal to the 4095.43m's princess distance), but it's even harder.

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

- Second : The pillars you encounter at 1000m is not at all an "alpha" (in fact there are NONE alpha in this run until 4095 (it's one of the reasons it's a very easy challenge), it's a totally common "4 sliders in the wind" path : to succeed it : simply push down the first pillar as soon as you can (as soon as it appears on the right of the screen, but you have a bit more time than just "as soon as" don't worry) and then all the rest will work flawlessy (push down the 3rd pillar then the 4th..and that's it)

I probably will make a tutorial video for this challenge, just wait few hours. In fact, the only real problem here is to play with a princess, which is not the best character for this type of challenge (sometimes has strange behaviour on some paths). you can also play with a teensie (to reach 4095.42m which is equal to the 4095.43m's princess distance), but it's even harder.

Hi Arkiokin. Thanks for the response!

I checked your video and checked all three Alpha’s and they all begin with four pillars, and that was why I misunderstood.

It would be great help if there is a tutorial video. Thank you in advance!

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

What day do the weekly challenges reset?

It says 2020-03-12 00:05 UTC.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
  • Like 1

Can someone link me to a thread or video that explains how to swap to a princess for the Murphy Challenges?  I know I’ve seen it somewhere before but I’m having trouble finding it now.

Thanks!

Edited by Nebbicous

6 minutes ago, Nebbicous said:

Can someone link me to a thread or video that explains how to swap to a princess for the Murphy Challenges?  I know I’ve seen it somewhere before but I’m having trouble finding it now.

Thanks!

Here you go!

Edited by ChenZheCHN

1 hour ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Hi Arkiokin. Thanks for the response!

I checked your video and checked all three Alpha’s and they all begin with four pillars, and that was why I misunderstood.

It would be great help if there is a tutorial video. Thank you in advance!

Just to be clear (but you don't need to really understand this point), an "alpha" is the combination of 2 phases which begin with the first phase : skeleton walls and pillars to push down then an horizontal platform to slide on the right and the second phase with these 4 pillars in the wind. (so the "alpha" is not at all "something" that begin with theses 4 pillars in the wind  ^^)

If you have not this first phase with the horizontal platform (and this is the case in this challenge) the "4 pillars in the wind phase" is 100% doable each time for everyone, without any special advanced skills.

In this weekly challenge the timing (to push down sooner the first pillar) is just a bit straight at only 2 moments (if I remember correctly) around 2600m (and 3200 ?) it's what I name "sigma" but in fact, these paths are just a bit harder than other 4 pillars in the wind phases and are also 100% doable each time. Luckily on these challenge you have NONE alpha (which need advanced skills and luck to succeed), and you have NONE "beta" (which need a bit more skills, more than any sigma), so it's the VERY FIRST time it occurs, this is why this challenge should be so easy to reach the glitched point at 4095m. And as you have 6 days yet to practice on it, anyone with a bit of motivation should succeed it. (contrary to the last weekly 4095 challenge (you have a topic with video below) which was the hardest 4095 challenge ever encounter)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

Ok, It took me some time, but I managed to make this promised video : a complete run to 4095.43m with some explanations at the key moments : 

Don't hesitate to ask me on some other points/paths you want to succeed or if you want more clarifications.

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Is this a good time to start the game and knock out what seems to be the biggest hurdle to earning the plat?

if you have ever played this game before, I would say so yes.  Although this is a bit different since you're using a touch screen.  This is the biggest time for you to practice, so if ever you wanted to I would do it now.  The 400m ones are significantly less common.  And any glitched one as the weekly is insanely rare.

It will take a bit of practice, so get going.  You have to play a bit to unlock the weekly extreme, but if you've played it before that should only take you a few hours.  But I would start doing it NOW.

9 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Is this a good time to start the game and knock out what seems to be the biggest hurdle to earning the plat?

In order to play Weekly Extreme Challenge, you first must reach Awesomeness Level (something like a player level) 7, by playing offline levels. It might take you from several hours to one or two days, depending on your skill. So, if you are going for the Diamond Cup, start as soon as possible.

I’ll probably spend the whole weekend trying. 

Edited by ChenZheCHN

12 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Ok, It took me some time, but I managed to make this promised video : a complete run to 4095.43m with some explanations at the key moments : 

Don't hesitate to ask me on some other points/paths you want to succeed or if you want more clarifications.

Hi Arkiokin. Thank you for your video. Just a quick question. I saw you did something extra, like touching jumping bags and lums and turning them into purple. Are those actions necessary? Is turning something into purple have anything to do with passing through the stage?

Edited by ChenZheCHN

21 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Hi Arkiokin. Thank you for your video. Just a quick question. I saw you did something extra, like touching jumping bags and lums and turning them into purple. Are those actions necessary? Is turning something into purple have anything to do with passing through the stage?

Good question ^^''

No, in fact, grabing the max lums is just a personal habit. So it's absolutely not necessary and can even sometimes be a source of another difficulties if you absolutely try to grab them when you don't have the habit to do that. And as you have less time to grab the lums and at the time move a platform, it's in fact probably not recommended at all for a beginner on this challenge. So, forget that, and instead of that, take the time to only concentrate on succeed each path.

Infact, It allowed (me) to make the time past faster when I did longest runs, but especially it has also another utility : when you take the habit to grab the lums, you increase the synchonisation of your (finger) movements : so, you do always the same and corrrect move of each platform, of each slider. So no, it's not necessary but it will be an help to improve yourself in a longer time.

• Like 2

Yup, it is definitely the easiest glitched 4095,43m murfy distance i've seen

No alpha, no beta, basically the only pillar winds u encounter are ropes & rings & 2 after rest zones

I havent uploaded a full run of it, but as a 'help' 

Short clip of all the possible pillar winds (long & full explained video is in description) 

Also, to change characters (to get a princess)

Thats all the help i can provide, good to luck to all of ya! 

As a further beginners tip i can also say that for the 'rope' section u should break it at the right side of the background 'closed gate' _after_ your character passes there (just saying this because back in the day i struggled there alot myself) & if a pillar wind shows up after it DONT PANIC, just swipe down pillar 1 before ur character 'landed' from the ring

• Like 1

@AdruA_ : Very well done man ! In fact I didn't knew you had made this tutorial video on pillar winds sections (I also looked the long version : very nice explanations !). You should have add some other points (out this topic, sorry for other readers haha) for example desactived pillars are (strangely) not the same depending the type of character you use (some are never desactivated whereas they are time to time desactivated using a type of character or another). For example, I'm pretty sure (old memories and tests) if you use globox an alpha is almost never desactivated : so, if you don't stumble on the first pillar, you don't need to push up this pillar, but on another side some other paths are more often desactivated with him (but yes, as this is not alpha ones, this is easier to compensate)

Talking about your beta technic, it's an efficient one, but it has a big default (outside the fireballs speed up shoot): with that, and only beyond 32.75 km (phase 3), your character will be glued on the wall below the spikes = Death and end of the challenge (this is why bapa died on the WiiU touchscreen version of this challenge, when he finally reached this point, and because he also used this method). If one day you would reach this point, remember it, otherwise it's just an anecdote to know about ^^

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin yeah i made that video a long time ago though, nowadays i dont even bother with 'my strategy' at those beta's but thanks for the info, didnt know i would wallglitch so that probably saved me at least 1 +30km death ?

I didnt go hard lately on distances, mainly because i dont have enough time & get fed up after scores not saving (did 34km on that weekly land distance last time, yet it didnt save, really puts u down & u start to lose interest very quickly) 

I also only made that video with my 'knowledge' & mostly just to let people 'see' how/why/when stuff happens at pillar winds & how i counter it, and i think i quite succeeded in that enough to understand the basics of it

These pillar winds aren't easy to learn, but i hope with these hints some(one) can go for diamond cups on these glitched murfies,

as a last tip to all the people trying this...

Dont hesitate

Dont panic

Dont worry

Because: - 4095m 'only' takes up 6-7 minutes per run so even u screw up, u can basically practice like, 9 full runs of this in an hour... So, chances enough

- your nervosity is, for at least, 60% of the reason you would mess up (at least in this challenge) at pillar winds

Also, quit when the game gets to you, there's really no point in breaking your head onto it, because thats when nervousness & anger kick in, only play when u get ur hopes up & do not worry over 'that comes up next', just play & be happy u get further ?

I talk out of experience, because i was 'goaling' to get further i would get myself a headache, nowadays i usually only play 1 run without caring when i die, and i sense its more relaxed & i actually get further than i'd expect (half of the time i even have to die because i run out of time since i play before leaving for work) 

On 3/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, RNumbers said:

The vast majority of people, if they start playing now, will not be good enough to get to 4095m in the weekly challenge within their first week of playing. I've platted the game on all 3 platforms (which amounts to a total of 15 or so months of daily and weekly challenges) and I don't think I've ever gotten past 2500m or so in that entire time.

Yes, this glitch makes the platinum easier than without it. But we're talking about lowering a 10/10 to an 8/10 in difficulty -- you have to get really good at the game really quickly.

Edited by NathanielJohn

6 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

@Arkiokin yeah i made that video a long time ago though, nowadays i dont even bother with 'my strategy' at those beta's but thanks for the info, didnt know i would wallglitch so that probably saved me at least 1 +30km death ?

I didnt go hard lately on distances, mainly because i dont have enough time & get fed up after scores not saving (did 34km on that weekly land distance last time, yet it didnt save, really puts u down & u start to lose interest very quickly) 

I also only made that video with my 'knowledge' & mostly just to let people 'see' how/why/when stuff happens at pillar winds & how i counter it, and i think i quite succeeded in that enough to understand the basics of it

Yes, you suceeded a lot in your explanations, more than I should have made on this specific point (and too lazy to have made a complete tutorial on this challenge years ago, whereas I spent so many hours to record all specific paths, even the rarest one, even beyond 33 km : these videos will be kept in an attic now and anyway my explanations would have been not so clear than yours)

For the other players, follow the AdruA_ recommendations : keep on playing, and take fun to play !

P.S : for AdruA_, have you ever tried to play a murfy's dungeon (especially a 4095 one) with a teensie ? if not, and for fun (and knowledge) you should make a few tries for just the path with the enemy, first with the classic hanging ring method, which could bring you some surprise ;) )

@NathanielJohn indeed for someone not having started this game yet this would be too hard to learn in such a short time, but for someone already playing this type of challenges - even if they're not overly comfortable with it - this is a serious chance to get a diamond cup

Now, to clear things out, if you havent started the vita version and:

- you want to knock this game out asap, just for the sake of getting the trophies & dont settle with less than 100% > dont start today, because u'll get horribly facepalmed by the magnitude of this game (read as: wait for a < 1000m glitched challenge) 

- you like platformers, you like competition, u like improving at a game and ur glad u can knock out some trophies > play it, honestly with some dedication you can get a diamond cup (even if its not this one) fairly doable, to be honest people like Arkiokin & me succeed occasionally on other distance challenges to even share scores (& get diamonds for all of them) where we already set the bar 'low' enough for other, random players to get to it, given they put some work into it

@Arkiokin i havent tried using teensies ? might check that out

& about ur recordings, i'd love to see them, and those that you did upload, made me the player i am today, so i cant thank you enough for that ??

8 hours ago, crush1902 said:

I am always dieing at 1016m at the second pillow. I pull down the first but however the Princess jumps against the second. What is the secret to master this point?

If your princess always jumps over instead of on the first pillar, it is probably because you did not pull the first pillar down as soon as possible.

@crush1902 look at that video of me, in the description there's a link to my fully explained video

U pull down pillar 1 too slow (princess wants to jump over instead of onto it) or too fast & nervous (pillar hops, recognizable by a little hop of it & kinda says a 'tchik tchik' sound after pulling it down) because u swipe it down too fast, u kinda get a recoil of it, perhaps by your finger still touching the screen when going back up for the 3rd pillar, that 'hop' effectively does the same as swiping it too slow, princess sees it too high & wants to jump over it

To counter this, and 1016m (probably) is after the rope section (i think all of the pillar winds are these until 2100m or so), make sure u swipe it down clean, in fact u can do it pretty 'slow' (in my terms, but im used to it so idk if thats your perception of slow) but just make sure it is down before ur princess has landed after her jump from the ring

What i ALWAYS do though, is looking ahead, my thumb literally is at the far right edge of the vita screen, pillar winds also are recognizable by the 'wind' on screen even before u can see the pillar, so then i immediately prepare myself to get a swipe down as soon as the pillar's side is showing up, its not much, but seeing that wind & preparing yourself for it definitely gives u that split moment extra u get to act accordingly

As a reference to 'see when you need to focus', there are 9 very hard sections

Start 'high' (floor is on the upper part of the screen):

- the one with the pillar u swipe up & the chain (ends high) 

- the pillar u swipe down & bumper (ends high)

- the one with like, 4 bumpers & a platform u swipe to the right (ends high) 

- the rings, with that enemy at the end (ends low) 

- alpha, the section with 3 bumpers & pillars & bones (ends low) 

Start 'low' (floor is on the bottom of the screen):

- pillars & spikes & a bone in the middle (ends high) 

- rope section (ends low) 

- Beta, the fireballs section (ends low)

- pillar wind (ends high) 

Sections can only follow up on eachother by how their start is compared to how the previous one ends (example: rope (low) > (high) rings cant happen, but rings (low) > (low) rope can) so pillar winds can only happen after sections that end low (beta, alpha, rope, rings)

Sections also mostly only happen once every 300m (every 300m there is a rest zone, which also can end high or low on their own, but in this challenge they dont add any difficulty to any sections coming after) so once u cleared a pillar wind u can calm down (which u already should be ?) until the next rest zone

Another tip: dont pause, if u have to pause do it at rest zones (300, 600, 900,..., 3900) but never pause in/between/during/before/after a section no matter how easy it looks, because you WILL lose your sense of motion when u restart & immediately have to put up with the game's pace (i could write books about my 'pause at 1380m, die at 1410m' moments) 

As a note to myself: stop filling this forum with ur lengthy comments

Edited by AdruA_
  • Like 1