Rivalry Begins, bug ?

Sebosaure

Hey Boys

i was stuck on this one for a bit but i got it.

just do a course and get a S rank,just a sonic or avatra one, not a sos mission, then go to the leaderboards using tringle. Then wait a hot minute for it to load on the leaderboard screen, and then hit *R1* to go to Nearby, and that should load you on the leader board and it should pop for yah!

13 hours ago, TBEvn said:

Can anyone help with this?

first play in hard then play normally mean progress your stage and i advise always go for S rank 

then visit all stage you finished may be it require you to visit in next day because leader board doesnt refresh immediately 

For those wondering, this seems to simply be a matter of the servers being overloaded and taking awhile to update.

I was having trouble with this trophy at first and my rankings weren’t being shown at all, on the global leaderboards or among my friend’s list. I kept going back periodically and pressing the triangle button again, and finally the results showed up randomly.

If you blow through the 1st level and get a time around 1:10 or so (as long as you get an S rank) you should easily be ranked high enough for the trophy to pop. So if it doesn’t, just keep coming back and trying to load it again rather than replaying levels. It will pop eventually.

1. Start new game on hard mode.
2. Complete the first 3 levels.
3. Create / use an alternative PSN profile on your PS4.
4. Add the dummy account to your friends list.
5. Repeat steps 1 & 2 on the alt account.
6. Log back into your main account and check the leaderboards for level 3 - trophy will pop.

The above method will take 15-20mins if you already have an alt account.

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 2

On 2020-03-22 at 11:59 PM, janjann801 said:

This trophy still doesnt pop up for me

NOTE - For players still struggling to unlock the ‘Rivalry Begins’ trophy:

My friend was struggling with this trophy for the past few days and couldn’t get this to pop either. But we seem to have found the problem finally!

I am assuming that you’re trying to get this trophy on Stage 1 like most people, correct?

Well it appears that the huge influx of PS+ players has actually raised the qualifying time for Stage 1 (and most stages actually) by a significant amount. It seems that to qualify for a leaderboard spot on Stage 1, you actually have to achieve a very fast time (ex. 1:10 or lower).

My friend got this to pop eventually by simply improving his time by a good 5 or 6 seconds. Once his time was low enough, he was able to load it to the leaderboards and the trophy popped immediately.

You don’t necessarily have to do Stage 1 of course, but I would recommend it as it’s a very short and easy course, and easy to improve your times. Just study a Stage 1 speed run on YouTube and copy their route and method, and you should have no problem, getting this trophy after all.

Good luck! ?

I've struggled with this trophy too. If you choose a completed mission with a S rank, you see a description left of the :triangle: RANKING sign. It says: World Ranking Not Acquired. If you press :triangle: the game will be connected to the leaderboard servers. If the trophy don't pop, it's simple, you are not ranked and therefore not fast enough. If you leave the leaderboard you will see now: World Ranking unranked.

I've just browsed through all my completed S rank stages and there was one stage I've reached rank 23480 and the trophy popped B)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2020/3/14 at 3:55 AM, whittle181 said:

1. Start new game on hard mode.
2. Complete the first 3 levels.
3. Create / use an alternative PSN profile on your PS4.
4. Add the dummy account to your friends list.
5. Repeat steps 1 & 2 on the alt account.
6. Log back into your main account and check the leaderboards for level 3 - trophy will pop.

The above method will take 15-20mins if you already have an alt account.

Used your method, does not work.

I have same problem as grimlydemise metioned above.

The leaderboard about Nearby and Friends are grey, I cannot use L1/R1 to switch to it.

On 05/09/2020 at 11:31 AM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Used your method, does not work.

I have same problem as grimlydemise metioned above.

The leaderboard about Nearby and Friends are grey, I cannot use L1/R1 to switch to it.

Did you delete your original saved data? It has to be a new game from scratch, with no other profiles on file. Back it up to the save cloud if necessary.

3 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Did you delete your original saved data? It has to be a new game from scratch, with no other profiles on file. Back it up to the save cloud if necessary.

I do not play this game before, I try to do this trophy once I play this game, so it should be a new game.

(I used my dummy accounts to test it)

10 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I do not play this game before, I try to do this trophy once I play this game, so it should be a new game.

(I used my dummy accounts to test it)

Strange because I was in the same scenario as you and it worked for me. Another thought, do you have over 100 friends in your friends list on PSN?