DuckTales: Remastered Review

siuilarun

Speaking as someone who is a fan of and still owns copies of the original NES and GameBoy versions of this game (still trying to track down a copy of DuckTales II for the NES) I was surprised to find out they were doing a "remastered" version of this game. Initially I was worried that they would take it too far and destroy the charm of the original. I then heard WayForward were working on it and that lessened some of my fears. They make good 2D side scrollers already and I have enjoyed quite a few of their past games. What changed they did make to the game I felt were justified. They did flesh out the story a bit more and the additions/revisions to the levels made sense and, in my opinion, probably would have been done in the original game had they not been limited by the hardware of the NES. Overall I believe this is a worthy successor to the original.

I was bound to do this one, as much as I enjoyed it's original. If you have a youtube channel you want to cross-promote like MO did, let me know!

Did anyone else enjoy this game? I've not seen a lot of buzz on here for it.

That was a fine review, lad!

Edited by UncleScroogeMcD

Dude, i have no idea who you are but you have just wrote the most awesome trophy guide i've ever seen on this website. Seriously, I want to buy the game just to give a like to each one of your tips!

Well, lad, if ye must know, there's a hint hidden in the second paragraph of me hint about the Lost Crown of Ghengis Khan.  The link to the map contains a name that's not me own.  Perhaps you can find someone with a similar name on the site.

Heh, I guess this is a hint within a hint!  Wait, there's a word you whippersnappers use for it...  Uh, "inception", I think it's called.  Ha!  Lookit that!  I made a meme. :)

• Like 1

Well, lad, if ye must know, there's a hint hidden in the second paragraph of me hint about the Lost Crown of Ghengis Khan.  The link to the map contains a name that's not me own.  Perhaps you can find someone with a similar name on the site.

Heh, I guess this is a hint within a hint!  Wait, there's a word you whippersnappers use for it...  Uh, "inception", I think it's called.  Ha!  Lookit that!  I made a meme. :)

NOOOOO, I'VE RAN OUT OF LIKES FOR TODAY :(

This will be my first like tomorrow ;) Dude, you are awesome, i just love everything you write, you got a fanboy (I may be hated by saying this).

You mind getting a trophy card and using it to show your 100%?

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...