Trade Maps on Standard?

ISeeWutUDidThere

My map progress is 149/154, I've done all by myself and I'm finding it hard to get the Atlas done. I've ran countless maps with Zana in hopes that she gives me an Unquie that I haven't already done or a Unique at all. So, I'm hoping that maybe people on here might help or want to run maps with me?

I need: Dorriani's Machinarium, The Perandus Manor, The Vinktar Square

Also, I need some tips for Hall of Grandmasters map.... I'm dying a lot; How do I deal with the other players?

For Vinktar Sqaure you can by the Agnerod of the North/East/West/South and then vendor them for the map. The rods are a lot cheaper then the map, and if you hunt you can get them for a few c each. For Hall of Grandmasters you either can do it or you cant, and it all depends on what kind of build you have. You are better off hitting up the forums and finding someone who will do it for you for a price. I paid an Ex for my clear, but you may be able to get it cheaper. As far as Perandus and Doryani, I am not sure that Zana can have them, but if she can the chance is very, very, very low. You are much better off buying the maps. If you are in league then you can get them for about 5-10 Ex each. If you are in standard then they will run you about 30 each. If you can find someone selling portals to a run you can buy in for a few Ex, or you find someone who has one and then get the other and share runs. Farming either is near pointless as they are stupid rare. 

I'd need to sell all my stuff to get that amount of exalt so I can't afford to go. Thanks though. 

Is there a trick to earning Ex? I've only ever had two drop in all the hours I've played and that was during the acts. Everything else I've gotten has been from vendor recipe chaos and buying Ex that way. I've earned about 25 Ex that way... but it's very slow.

Its none of my business, but if you are keeping all the loot from the portal then asking 25 ex is insane. Most people charge about 2 or 3 ex a portal. 

Selling awakened gems is a good way to do it as well, if you can farm level 4 exiles. I am not sure what they are going for now, but they were each for a few ex at the time. Its also normally worth it to farm whatever is the new hotness in league and then sell it and move the money into standard. Obviously that wont really work right now with the league coming to an end, but if you are ok starting a new character on the 10th then you could likely get some money together for the end of the next league. I have about 600 hours in PoE, I have seen 4 Ex drops naturally. You will never make enough just trying to farm them. Shaper can also drop some very valuable items, as can uber Atziri, if you can get them on farm. 

Edited by XileLerinril

• 3 weeks later...