DLC difficulty is a 6 out of 10 at least, IMO

AJ_Radio

Right now I'm stumped on F-Type Delta.

This guy gets 28.725 seconds on the second sector, yet the best I can do is get 30.060 seconds in that same area.

Then the ghost at the final stretch somehow goes a LOT faster even though I'm driving perfectly in that area without going off track or skidding my car too much.

This is why I hate the time trials in this game. There's too many instances where the ghosts literally start a second or two ahead of you, or they'll go explicitly fast in a section where you're literally cornering or drifting to try to maintain your speed.

All of the 'Hot Laps' start with the ghosts getting a head start and then you have to find that one section in the track where they are going slow and you have to basically take advantage. Because otherwise you're not getting that lap time.

Frustrating.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Right now I'm stumped on F-Type Delta.

This guy gets 28.725 seconds on the second sector, yet the best I can do is get 30,060 seconds in that same area.

Then the ghost at the final stretch somehow goes a LOT faster even though I'm driving perfectly in that area without going off track or skidding my car too much.

This is why I hate the time trials in this game. There's too many instances where the ghosts literally start a second or two ahead of you, or they'll go explicitly fast in a section where you're literally cornering or drifting to try to maintain your speed.

All of the 'Hot Laps' start with the ghosts getting a head start and then you have to find that one section in the track where they are going slow and you have to basically take advantage. Because otherwise you're not getting that lap time.

Frustrating.

They also seem to be playing by wheel though so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, they have good control on some turns cause of that. Btw some turns aren't done optimally by the ghosts if you can figure out what turns to cut, the ghost will lose time on regaining acceleration too late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheCoffeeFiend said:

I just finished the AMG dlc for the 100% and it was definitely the hardest, Especially the time trials and dual objective gold medals. None of the dlc ever felt cheap or unfair it's all car and track knowledge, Now onto bikes ? 

That's exactly why I'm doing that one first, and leaving the other "easy" at the end. If I can "master" AMG and Elements, I'll then for sure finish the whole thing with ease. I want the challenge, and my mindset has changed to this game a lot since I started playing the DLC. I know, is hard for us, but the thing is that we sould try the hardest ones first and the the easy will be a breeze, as somebody pointed out. Congratulations on you btw, CoffeeFiend! :D I'm glad you finish your hunting! 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Frustrating.

Yeah, has happened a lot to me. I'm trying  Back to Black to have a modest chance with Venom Hot Lap 2. I think that doing the difficult ones gives you the ability to play other tracks. After a lot of furious and bold tries in AMG, I went back to the main campaing... and man, you can feel really comfy. Got 3 star in a single event in first try! So, well yes... Kind disruptive to try the hardcore ones first, but I think that the game is pushing me to that extent so seriously, if I can (and I'll do) beat the hardest, then the other will be a breeze. 

And also yes, the ghosts seems to don't be affected by the mechanics of the game itself! Ridiculous. But as @Lord_Bane999 has put it, you actually can take advantage of them, just by memorizing their path, you can make a good strategy towards all this damned time trials. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Yeah, has happened a lot to me. I'm trying  Back to Black to have a modest chance with Venom Hot Lap 2. I think that doing the difficult ones gives you the ability to play other tracks. After a lot of furious and bold tries in AMG, I went back to the main campaing... and man, you can feel really comfy. Got 3 star in a single event in first try! So, well yes... Kind disruptive to try the hardcore ones first, but I think that the game is pushing me to that extent so seriously, if I can (and I'll do) beat the hardest, then the other will be a breeze. 

And also yes, the ghosts seems to don't be affected by the mechanics of the game itself! Ridiculous. But as @Lord_Bane999 has put it, you actually can take advantage of them, just by memorizing their path, you can make a good strategy towards all this damned time trials. 

The events in the Driveclub Tour are piss easy compared to all the paid DLC packs.

Ignition was the first one I finished... actually wasn't too bad. Photo Finish was harder because of the P1 Hot Lap, got stuck on that one for over two hours until I finally beat it.

The difficulty is all over the place. A good number of races and drift events aren't bad at all, a few tries should net you those gold stars. A couple time trials aren't that bad either.... but some of them are just a pain in the ass until you study and mimic the cars until you finally reach that lap time.

I haven't done Bikes since last week but I've definitely improved my skills in this game. I'll try to make some progress on that this weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The events in the Driveclub Tour are piss easy compared to all the paid DLC packs.

Well yeah, LMAO. The thing is that in AMG, there's a championship which basically backs you to Tier 2 or 3 of the main campaing, and I felt kinda surprsied. Finish it really quick, because I learnt the track from previous races, and also my car wasn't bad. Was like a gift in the middle of despair and suffering, LOL.

One thing I'd like to mention is that if you're having trouble with time trials you really have to lay off L2 when taking turns and also make sure you never drift, drifting is almost always a bad thing. There's a couple time trials in the Bikes DLCs with cars that I had a rough time with and watching the ghosts you'd see they were never hitching as if they were pressing L2 or O, they were mainly letting off of R2 and using the grass to slow them down before holding R2 again to take turns, and they were taking turns far earlier than you'd think. There's one gold trophy that required something like 28.350 if I remember right as the lap time and that was utterly ridiculous until I caught onto how early they were turning and how they were never pressing L2 to keep the speed up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that ghosts tend to be starting from lap 2+ at full speed. You can get the gold time without being in lap 2, but that's usually why they're far faster than you are even from a start. Even the dev times do this which is why it's usually hard to catch up at the start.

I know it's annoying but when it comes to golds if you're really having trouble with all the requirements just do some at first. The ones in Bikes and a couple of the later ones do the double requirements thing and it's an absolute pain. Bikes also has this 15+ minute long race on that desert track and getting into first is a requirement. I can't tell you how many resets that took, it was ridiculous because everyone was miles ahead of me for like five laps.

I'd argue most of the issues come from some of the dev times, the clean laps, and the rubberbanding. The rubberbanding is mostly what drove me nuts, unless you get 3+ seconds ahead of someone they will magically speed up to you out of nowhere even though they weren't drafting anyone and will only go away if you purposely attempt to block their overtake. Otherwise the vast majority I'd say are doable after only a couple of tries, patience and repetition is really what they're asking of you and enough attempts at the course will get you at least one or two requirements. The time trials are the real killer, races and championships are fun, the drift missions are fun, and the most fun were those Bikes ones where you had to do wheelies, stoppies, and speed.

Edited by soliunasm
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Well yeah, LMAO. The thing is that in AMG, there's a championship which basically backs you to Tier 2 or 3 of the main campaing, and I felt kinda surprsied. Finish it really quick, because I learnt the track from previous races, and also my car wasn't bad. Was like a gift in the middle of despair and suffering, LOL.

Interesting, I'll see it when I get around to it.

5 hours ago, soliunasm said:

One thing I'd like to mention is that if you're having trouble with time trials you really have to lay off L2 when taking turns and also make sure you never drift, drifting is almost always a bad thing. There's a couple time trials in the Bikes DLCs with cars that I had a rough time with and watching the ghosts you'd see they were never hitching as if they were pressing L2 or O, they were mainly letting off of R2 and using the grass to slow them down before holding R2 again to take turns, and they were taking turns far earlier than you'd think. There's one gold trophy that required something like 28.350 if I remember right as the lap time and that was utterly ridiculous until I caught onto how early they were turning and how they were never pressing L2 to keep the speed up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that ghosts tend to be starting from lap 2+ at full speed. You can get the gold time without being in lap 2, but that's usually why they're far faster than you are even from a start. Even the dev times do this which is why it's usually hard to catch up at the start.

I very rarely drift in the time trials.

Sometimes I still think they're cheating at times. You're basically fucked on some races unless you can get a good head start early on and play a bit dirty. The problem is half the time you try doing this you end up with a collision penalty, which is stupid considering how random they are.

A few time trials would be easier by cutting corners but again much like the races you get hit with the penalties. A couple I've done have really tight lap times and you basically have to be perfect for most of the trial. The P1 Hot Lap requires you to know when to use KERS and DRS, which I had absolutely no clue on until I started watching YouTube videos of people who made the lap time.

YouTube is always a good source for those struggling with the trials. Not surprisingly, the Venom Hot Lap 2 trial seems to have the most views, and is the one that takes people the longest to learn.

I haven't done much Bikes, mostly did the online trophies then basically have mostly done the regular Driveclub.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Sometimes I still think they're cheating at times. You're basically fucked on some races unless you can get a good head start early on and play a bit dirty. The problem is half the time you try doing this you end up with a collision penalty, which is stupid considering how random they are.

A few time trials would be easier by cutting corners but again much like the races you get hit with the penalties. A couple I've done have really tight lap times and you basically have to be perfect for most of the trial. The P1 Hot Lap requires you to know when to use KERS and DRS, which I had absolutely no clue on until I started watching YouTube videos of people who made the lap time.

YouTube is always a good source for those struggling with the trials. Not surprisingly, the Venom Hot Lap 2 trial seems to have the most views, and is the one that takes people the longest to learn.

I can say that I'm being playing Back in Black over +5 hours. The closest time from 1:07, has been 1:07:234... Sucks a lot. But at this point im sure I really suck at the game, and not that the game is hard per se, LMAO. This will ruin my schedule for hunting in the following months, but as much I can progress I can feel relief. I'm checking videos at YT, but the camera angle doesn't help me much. I know that people gets comfortable with certian camera modes, but I prefer by far the 3rd person view.

Anyways, I think that studying other people can give you insights to how accomplish each race. Any channel you recommed to watch those walkthroughs? I've been watching this, but feels really annoying by the camara and has the ghosts off so is kinda clueless to follow the tutorial: 

• Like 1

Finally got to the end of the grind in all 3 games and one things for sure (& this is disregarding any form of difficulty), the sheer amount of challenges in this game are some of the most tedious and repetitive tasks I've ever had to get through, on top of the bike leveling in Bikes/driver leveling in VR. Tamil Nadu is going to be permanently embedded into my brain for as long as I live, I don't think I'll be able to forget a single pixel of that course with how many laps I had to run around it.

• Like 2

I'm almost done with Bikes, but guess what... the last trophy will be Weekend Warrior xD how many bikes do i need, exactly? Some say 12, others say that even the DLC bikes are required... i've only maxed 2 bikes so far and i feel tired for today lol.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

how many bikes do i need, exactly?

The bug with needing to do one of the DLC bikes was patched, so just the 12 shown in the guide. Running the Tamil Nadu 02 strat will get you ~25k-30k fame per race which should mean each bike will take around 30-40 minutes, if you're ahead enough be sure to do a stoppie at the end of the lap for an extra ~1k-2k as well.

• Like 3

Welp. Once I learned of DRS and KERS, I pretty much obliterated DriveClub. Where I used to clear Time Trials with 1-2 seconds of leeway, I was finishing Time Trials when DRS and KERS was available with nearly 5-6 seconds of leeway.

Personally, I found Bikes to be pretty tough, including the car DLCs included with it. I wasn't clearing some of those Time Trials with 1-2 seconds of leeway, I was finishing with factions of a second remaining. Like... literally if I had to finish a race within... xx.500, I was clearing with xx.493 or something stupid.

@Spaz

Don't know if this helps you any with some of the time trials: Those ghosts are not always accurate to the start of the race. Some of the ghosts are timed based on having done a full lap and bursting through the starting line with significantly more speed than you would starting from 0 or from a rolling start.

For example: Venom Hot Lap P2 starts you off with a rolling start, but I did a full lap and on the straightaway leading into the next lap, I just went as hard and as fast as I could which often put me far ahead of the ghosts, but made the first corner hard to take, especially with the wet roads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

I tried a DLC pack and you have to be a god at drifting and in rainy condition, I can't even begin to know how to beat some of these dlc packs. Doesnt help theres not many youtube videos as a lot of them are super old or just "watch this great lap I got!!"

Granted, Driveclub came out in late 2014 so it's been out for quite some time now. The videos still help a lot, because the same mechanics are there.

13 minutes ago, ShianKiri said:

Welp. Once I learned of DRS and KERS, I pretty much obliterated DriveClub. Where I used to clear Time Trials with 1-2 seconds of leeway, I was finishing Time Trials when DRS and KERS was available with nearly 5-6 seconds of leeway.

There's only a few events with vehicles that have DRS and KERS. They're basically needed on the time trials. The P1 Hot Lap event in Photo Finish I kept losing by fractions of a second. Very tight time trial, you basically have to be almost perfect for most of the track.

13 minutes ago, ShianKiri said:

Personally, I found Bikes to be pretty tough, including the car DLCs included with it. I wasn't clearing some of those Time Trials with 1-2 seconds of leeway, I was finishing with factions of a second remaining. Like... literally if I had to finish a race within... xx.500, I was clearing with xx.493 or something stupid.

Bikes is definitely tougher than the base game of Driveclub. DRIVECLUB Tour and All Stars were the only DLC packs that gave you a lot of leeway. The rest of the DLC has at least one or two events that you're probably going to be working at more than others until you gain all three Gold Stars.

What I find tough is the fact they make you drive with vehicles with too much over steer and very poor traction, on tracks with rain or snow. Venom Hot Lap 2 like you mentioned. The Vuhl Proof event in Midnight was fairly difficult, that vehicle is difficult to control properly and you may have to run two full laps to get in the top 3 in the race on both tracks.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TheCoffeeFiend said:

The races in bikes were the hardest part for me, With cars you could at least block the a.i. and kill their speed. Lots of last minute overtakes you cant recover from in bikes.

Yeah I already tried the EGR and Suzuki DLC packs. Pretty tough if you don't know how to use the bikes. Time trials are a killer.

23 hours ago, Secretfoo said:

The bug with needing to do one of the DLC bikes was patched, so just the 12 shown in the guide. Running the Tamil Nadu 02 strat will get you ~25k-30k fame per race which should mean each bike will take around 30-40 minutes, if you're ahead enough be sure to do a stoppie at the end of the lap for an extra ~1k-2k as well.

Thanks for the tip. The Tamil Nadu 02 race is also good for leveling up the Driver Level (i was at level 83 yesterday, now i'm at level 101), as i'm getting a 66000 Club Accolade bonus per race (i joined a random level 120 open Club last year and never left it)

Anyway, this is it! I've just obtained the infamous Weekend Warrior trophy, and the Platinum. 179 trophies xD

• Like 3

I'm completely stuck on this time trial.

Hardest time trial I've tackled so far. Too many fucking corners, you basically have to be a perfectionist to beat this one.

I'm going to try my hand at two more DLC packs, then just get the platinum trophy and move on to other games.

Getting too burnt out with Driveclub, done nothing but play this game for two weeks straight.

Edited by Spaz

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'm going to try my hand at two more DLC packs, then just get the platinum trophy and move on to other games.

Getting too burnt out with Driveclub, done nothing but play this game for two weeks straight.

Gotcha. I want to to the same. I'm doing really slow progress. It took me 5 days to beat a single challenge. I can't imagine what's going to happen with more difficult tracks, SMH. However, I get a fear that moving to another game will cause my learning curve will drop again to 0 and will be more frustrating than before. So, I don't know what to do. I'm in a challange I my schedule is screwed now, by this game. 

8 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Gotcha. I want to to the same. I'm doing really slow progress. It took me 5 days to beat a single challenge. I can't imagine what's going to happen with more difficult tracks, SMH. However, I get a fear that moving to another game will cause my learning curve will drop again to 0 and will be more frustrating than before. So, I don't know what to do. I'm in a challange I my schedule is screwed now, by this game. 

Best to keep plugging at it before the server shutdown. A number of features will be gone once the plug is pulled.

I just did EBR in Bikes and Turbocharged in Driveclub. Found EBR not too bad actually, it's just getting used to the bikes due to the steep learning curve. Turbocharged was one of the easier DLC packs, but I found one of the drift events taking me dozens of attempts.

Edited by Spaz