As a first-timer how has your experience been with Shadow of the Colossus?

ain_sr

The controls are definately frustrating, most notably on the horse (especially during moments such as the 10th colossus). However, most of the unique challenges and the different styles of moving around and beating each colossus meant I was able to get a fair amount of enjoyment out of the game, despite the controls doing their best to put me off.

I saved this to my library when it was PS+ free, was busy at the time with some other shit.

However, after just finished platting FF7Remake and waiting for money so I get RE:3 Remake (I know it' has shitty reviews, but whatever :P), I thought I'd download this and give it a try... 

I quite like this game, how it doesn't spoon-feed you information and requires you, the player, to actually apply gamer skills and thinking that used to be required by most games years ago, although I feel I sense of loneliness when playing this game, which I'm sure was intentional but the environment is so expansive it begs to be explored, so I'm enjoying this game a lot but cannot wait to max my stamina and move on  to RE:3 ahaha.

• Like 1

My experience with the game was one I will never forget. Epic.

After the opening cutscene I got to control the mysterious hero. I already know, this is a friendship that will last a lifetime. The upcoming adventure will be one people will talk about far into the future. After carefully climbing upwards I make it to the open world to find my first Colossus. With my trusty stallion I ride and there it is. Towering across the field, not knowing that death will become him soon. I raise my sword in the air to find its weak spot and than I perform the now legendary button combo:

Homebutton, Options, Down x7, X x2.

Sigh... What a journey.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, MALpractice311 said:

I had mostly the same experience.  Artistically, I understand the appeal, but I was done after Colossus 4 because I found the "locate the weak point and hit it three times" gameplay incredibly basic and boring.

You should try to make at least to Colossi 5. It is such a brilliant design and atmosphere, I remember fighting him since the PS2.

One of my favorites of all time