Question about lone wolf

Talic007

2 hours ago, Talic007 said:

On Xbox they said you need to be the last one to hit the boss is this true?

i prefer someone who has the trophy to reply to this thanks!

By yourself, yes. 

I was in a match where a team was fighting the spider and I tried getting in quick enough to stop them, killed the 2 hunters, shot the spider some, but he was already so low that the fire in the building was the last damage he received. So I did not get the solo kill card... Which is how you will know when the kill is counted.

At the end of each match youll receive a card, with extra exp, for getting a solo kill on a boss. Best way of doing that is enter a hunt loaded with sticky bombs. Move fast to boss location, time a sticky bomb correctly, and its a one hit kill on any boss. Ive found that the assassin is the biggest pain when doing it this way, for when you throw the sticky it can instantly go off when making contact with assassin (never had it happen on any other boss) and kill you as well if youre close enough. Either way, dead or not, if the boss died you will still get the solo kill card and progression towards the trophy.

But you do not need to drain the monsters entire health pool... if someone else hits the monster, its fine, as long as they don't kill them... someone else being an enemy hunter, because again you need to be by yourself.

Only making that part clear, as to say you cant have a teammate and kill the monster *solo* (without help from the teammate), because that certainly doesn't count

• Like 1

You can be the only person on your team to damage the boss, enemy hunters don't matter. Just have your team keep watch for other hunters while you do all the damage. I got mine faster by being the only one doing damage on some bosses

Edited by Riszcky
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

By yourself, yes. 

I was in a match where a team was fighting the spider and I tried getting in quick enough to stop them, killed the 2 hunters, shot the spider some, but he was already so low that the fire in the building was the last damage he received. So I did not get the solo kill card... Which is how you will know when the kill is counted.

At the end of each match youll receive a card, with extra exp, for getting a solo kill on a boss. Best way of doing that is enter a hunt loaded with sticky bombs. Move fast to boss location, time a sticky bomb correctly, and its a one hit kill on any boss. Ive found that the assassin is the biggest pain when doing it this way, for when you throw the sticky it can instantly go off when making contact with assassin (never had it happen on any other boss) and kill you as well if youre close enough. Either way, dead or not, if the boss died you will still get the solo kill card and progression towards the trophy.

But you do not need to drain the monsters entire health pool... if someone else hits the monster, its fine, as long as they don't kill them... someone else being an enemy hunter, because again you need to be by yourself.

Only making that part clear, as to say you cant have a teammate and kill the monster *solo* (without help from the teammate), because that certainly doesn't count

ok thanks so much to both of you but yes thanks for telling me about the sol0 card thing that’s what i will look out for. I just load up on 4 sticky’s and rush clues it’s fast and easy but I wanted to make sure I was doing it right

Are you guys 100% sure about that? The Xbox Guide doesn't mention the solo card. It just says you need to do the last hit. 

I also talked to a friend on PC about this. He says that he always plays in Three player Squads and his achievement progress is 43/50. 

I really wish we had trophy progress trackers on PSN ^^

Also: The trophy is already a 0.6% on PSN, while 100 contracts is a 3.7%. I find it hard to believe that so many people play without teammates. So I believe that it's the same as PC and Xbox: The trophy is glitched in a positive way. It counts all boss kills, that were executed by you (last hit), no matter if you actually play solo. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

I got my 100 contracts well before my 50 and I only ever played in solo or duo. So I feel like getting the last hit might not count on ps4. I would've got 50 easily before 100 contracts that way if it worked. I guess it's better to be safe rather than waste time

16 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Are you guys 100% sure about that? The Xbox Guide doesn't mention the solo card. It just says you need to do the last hit. 

I also talked to a friend on PC about this. He says that he always plays in Three player Squads and his achievement progress is 43/50. 

I really wish we had trophy progress trackers on PSN ^^

Also: The trophy is already a 0.6% on PSN, while 100 contracts is a 3.7%. I find it hard to believe that so many people play without teammates. So I believe that it's the same as PC and Xbox: The trophy is glitched in a positive way. It counts all boss kills, that were executed by you (last hit), no matter if you actually play solo. 

I can confirm that you do not need the card on the final screen and you do not need to play solo. I got all of my 50 Solo Kills in 2 or 3 Player Squads. You just need to be the only person to hurt the monster. It popped right after I stuck the final monster.

I second your opinion on a progress tracker. Hopefully that'll come with the PS5!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, UrbanGoblin said:

I can confirm that you do not need the card on the final screen and you do not need to play solo. I got all of my 50 Solo Kills in 2 or 3 Player Squads. You just need to be the only person to hurt the monster. It popped right after I stuck the final monster.

I second your opinion on a progress tracker. Hopefully that'll come with the PS5!

Well, so throwing some sticky bombs should do the job hopefully 

2 hours ago, UrbanGoblin said:

Damn, wish i had known that before. xD

I got my 100 contracts complete way before i got the lone wolf trophy. Most of the times my friends and I killed a boss was through the sticky bomb method, so it was always only 1 of us attacking and I always threw my bombs first. 

I had just assumed that it had to be in solo play given the trophy name and description. Without a tracker its definitely hard to tell what will give you the progression, but once I saw that solo play card I assumed it had to be it.

Ah well, thanks for this confirmation to the community. ^_^

2 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Damn, wish i had known that before. xD

I got my 100 contracts complete way before i got the lone wolf trophy. Most of the times my friends and I killed a boss was through the sticky bomb method, so it was always only 1 of us attacking and I always threw my bombs first. 

I had just assumed that it had to be in solo play given the trophy name and description. Without a tracker its definitely hard to tell what will give you the progression, but once I saw that solo play card I assumed it had to be it.

Ah well, thanks for this confirmation to the community. ^_^

One of the main reasons that most people are getting the "Complete 100 Contracts" way before "Solo 50 kills," is because every bounty you turn in goes towards the 100 contracts.

For example, if you and a buddy get all 4 bounties (Running the Gauntlet is what it's called in game under the Statistics Tab), that counts as 4 towards your 100 contracts.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UrbanGoblin said:

One of the main reasons that most people are getting the "Complete 100 Contracts" way before "Solo 50 kills," is because every bounty you turn in goes towards the 100 contracts.

For example, if you and a buddy get all 4 bounties (Running the Gauntlet is what it's called in game under the Statistics Tab), that counts as 4 towards your 100 contracts.

Hope that helps!

That's indeed an interesting information. I thought it would only count one per boss 

I just got the lone wolf trophy lol 

Im pretty sure that I didn't kill 50 bosses without damage by teammates. So the Xbox Guide is probably correct with the statement that you just need to do the last hit. 

Sticky bombs are obviously still the best method though. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...