Do you have a alt account and if so why?

charxsetsuna

What do you think about alt accounts?

I know a lot of people have psn accounts for different regions or for speedrunnning but if you have one why do you?

I have one by accident,  same region . What happened is I forgot my psn password and when I got my ps4 going from a ps3 I had to make a new account. Then years later only a few months back I remembered my password for the old one and I'm still trying to work out what to use it for now I can use it on my ps4.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Yes, I have various alt accounts to buy games from different regions and to try out games. Sometimes I also use them to boost trophies by playing against myself.

Me too, AvengedEvil. I have multiple accounts from different regions to download free-to-play games, and I usually try out some games with these accounts. Using these accounts to boost my main account happens from time to time as well, last I remember was in Driveclub.

Ah, I almost forgot: if you like physical copies like I do, and if any of your retail game is from a different region than the account you are playing with, when the game in question has DLCs, there is a good chance of the DLC being region locked. In that case you need an account from the same region of your game disc. It happened to me with my EU physical version of Gravity Rush 2, I didn't know about DLC being region locked, but thanks to my friend @NightRusticDawn  I was able to create an european account, download the DLC and make it work.

GravityQueeen.png

• Like 1

I use my alt acc to play with myself, ?

I have a few accs from different regions (us,hk,ger), my main alt is used to fill spots when boosting or used for games i can 1v1 boost, i also use it to test and play games casually if i don't feel like going for trophies at the time.

Edited by Leenewbe

I have a couple of alt accounts that I make use of for obtaining almost impossible multiplayer trophies. Otherwise I like to recruit actual gamers for help, but only if they are trustworthy. I also make use of a secondary account for testing games out and playing any and every game without worrying about completion percentage. I’m slacking on this account, but I’m a busy dude ?

I have a second account that I wouldn't call an "alt account". I created my main account when I was living in Finland, not knowing that it isn't possible to change your country. Well, I no longer live there and don't have my bank accounts anymore, and where I am now we have a different currency so buying PS cards is a pain. 

Hence, I have now a second account where I buy my games, but I still play every single second on my original main account. 

For me it all started several years ago when i wanted TLOU PS3 DLC. I have a German Acc but had a US TLOU DIsc so i needed to buy the DLC from US. But soon after that i created a UK acc to check different games and prices. And i bought more digital content in other countries: UK, CA, HK, JP. Sometimes it's because of DLC being region locked, good prices for a game, games being available only in a few or just one digital shop (latest example i know: War Theatre Blood of Winter purchasable only on USA but got it today for free :D), games being censored in Germany (i bought Zombie Army Trilogy in UK to avoid that). When Knack 2 became free at release i created a NZ Acc to get the game but luckily they gave it away in Germany too :D

And i created another german acc when i bought a 2nd ps3 to do some mp boosting on my own... And 6 other german accs to boost Fifa 17 mp :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I have an alt account for both US and JP regions. Used them mostly for free PSP content, and a very small bunch of PS3/Vita free games. Also for avatars and themes (for the US account, at least). I also have a HK account with one item but i don't use it anymore.

Edited by Lance_87

Yeah, my first account. I keep it so my family/friends can play on it and leave my main account alone. As a matter of fact, my girlfriends nephew is playing fortnite right now. It’s also the primary account on my old PS4 (I have a pro too) so I’ve got a lot of digital games in my backlog linked into that account. As other people said, it’s also used for local multiplayer. Won’t be getting rid of it anytime soon.

• Like 1