Do you have a alt account and if so why?

charxsetsuna

I have another account that I use to try out PS+ games, or other games that I'm unsure of. If I decide it's a game that I would actually play then I'll start over and play it on my proper profile. If not, there's no damage done to my real profile :)

I also use my alt to play through co-op games with my partner if it's a game that I really don't want to put on my own profile.

So basically it's mainly just a "test" account and I don't use it for anything like playing games with unobtainables or to keep my completion % up. I just don't want my proper account littered with all the PS+ games that I try and often don't like. I want my profile to represent the games that I LIKE and choose to play, rather than having just anything and everything I've ever tried on it.

• Like 1

I have a lot of alt accounts, at first it was to just self boost and regional stacks. Then the found a way to get free PSN credit using phone credit, but there was a limit of 3 transactions per month, so i had to make multiple accounts and i bought loads of games on them. You can no longer get it for free but it's currently £10 for £25psn with a possible £5 cashback. 

• Like 1

Two alt accounts.  The first one was for trophy boosting when games had a trophy for a player from your friends list playing the game, and also for testing discs that I bought to check that they work (this was before they allowed deleting 0% trophy lists).

The second alt account is a Singapore one so I can redeem all the DLC codes from the Asia English physical games I was buying.

Well I'm in the minority here it seems. No, I do not have an alt account. I personally don't really see any point to it outside of two possible reasons. First, for other regions. Second, for those who want to have a 100% trophy acquisition account. 

And at least for me, I don't play enough games to warrant another region account. Or I just don't get through them fast enough since I can only play for a couple hours, maybe, a day and my backlog of backlogs can tell you that. As for the perfect, or super high, trophy percentage, I just don't care that much. If I play a bad game or get into one that I'll never get all the trophies on, then so be it, I look at my trophy collection as a story of my successes and failures and can use that as kinda like my gaming life story. Well some of it anyway, been gaming for 36 years going back to my first console, the Atari, and my first beloved game, Galaga. 

• Like 2

I do have 2 alt accounts : one UK and one US. EU stores simply don't love DLCs and such (good luck finding Trials of St Lucia for Dante's Inferno or Hammer of Infinite Fate for Brutal Legend in an EU store X_X ) 

But that's the only reason I have them. I don't aim to have 100% or a clean non-easy games account. My main is good enough for that.

I have an alt US account, which I haven't really used yet..

It was created primarily to redeem my code for Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise that comes with the "Double Trouble" bundle.

Edited by iXanon

Yeah I have a UK account and a Japan account. I made them back in like 2010 in order to get games locked to those regions. But I can count the games on one hand that I've actually used these accounts for. I'd probably delete them if I could. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, Champ147 said:

Well I'm in the minority here it seems. No, I do not have an alt account. I personally don't really see any point to it outside of two possible reasons. First, for other regions. Second, for those who want to have a 100% trophy acquisition account. 

And at least for me, I don't play enough games to warrant another region account. Or I just don't get through them fast enough since I can only play for a couple hours, maybe, a day and my backlog of backlogs can tell you that. As for the perfect, or super high, trophy percentage, I just don't care that much. If I play a bad game or get into one that I'll never get all the trophies on, then so be it, I look at my trophy collection as a story of my successes and failures and can use that as kinda like my gaming life story. Well some of it anyway, been gaming for 36 years going back to my first console, the Atari, and my first beloved game, Galaga. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've got a few games on my account that I played, got a single trophy in, and never touched again. I'm okay with that because I know I won't like every game but I played it so I think my account should reflect it. Plus I care more about the number of trophies I have than I do about my percentage so I'll take any trophies I can get.

I have an older account that I abandoned. It just had a lot of noise on it from when I didn't care about trophies. It's still the account that I maintain ps+ from and purchase my games on. It kind of serves as the family hub account now. Its also my default go to account for when I want to boost myself in an MP game.

Edited by spacey_dweeb

It all started with the 108 races on GTA IV, which I actually bought a second PS3 to do as well. I've self-boosted quite a few games with it since then.

Then I realized, like most of you, that you could play games on your alt and not have the pressure a completionist faces of getting all the trophies, so it doubled as a test account.  I've used it for party games, hard games, games that get old way before the trophies come, and boosting with friends in games I don't want to play myself.

Then I got into 100% speed runs, and I've been using that account for "fastest to 100%."  I think I have 8 or 9 top scores on various games, and a few others that have been surpassed but are still in the top 3.

In sum, yes, I have an alt account and I laugh every time I look at the trophy list.  There's like 75 games with none or very few trophies, then 12 games that are 100% and at the top of the leaderboard :)

I"m actually thinking about speedrunning all 200 games on my list this year, and trying to do in a year what took me over 7 to do the first time.  I'll definitely be making an alt for that:  my wife votes "FeelTheCosmosJr."  My vote is "WhyAmILikeThis?" We'll see.

Edited by FeelTheCosmos

I have an Alt account for my wife, she never uses it and probably can't even remember I made her one, so I use it for my daughter when she wants to play games I don't want on my profile like Sonic Adventures.

I did use it as well to help me get a trophy on Mortal Kombat X on my main account, can't remember which one.

That's about it. I think there's only about 6 games on it.

No, I don't.  I prefer to keep it simple and there's really not been any need to create accounts for MP.  If there's something that needs more than one account, you can just find other people.  Maybe if I ever tried to do something multiplayer that was truly dead and no one was boosting, I'd need to look at creating an account to self-boost.  But, more likely, I think I'd just let it go.

Other reasons for making alt accounts don't really appeal to me.  Speedrunning trophy lists?  Just not interested.  Testing games before I put them on my account?  I prefer biting off more than I can chew and then trying to digest it later.  Region stacking?  No, when I want to play a game I already have the 100% for some more, I just play it some more.

I have an old account per say, rather than an alternative account as I moved country. My old account was lava_princeton which I set up when I lived in Ireland as a kid, but moved from there ages ago and set up a new account (this one, which is Japan), as the euro store is expensive. I prefer playing Japanese games, and buy English games used cheap as I live in the UK now, so i get the best of both. But I never log into that old account, although if I have visitors who want to play my PS4, I make them use that one so they don't ruin my trophy lists for my main account