Jail Breaker

Malagin

• 1 month later...

Really wish that when people figure out the answer for themselves that they'd come back and post what they did.  Even if it's RNG based, The guides I've found don't seem to have a straight answer on whether you need to complete the quest or not.  The guides I've found say it "always seems to happen on a first playthrough" I've tried starting a new game on a different save 10 times and it hasn't happened yet.  That definitely doesn't fall into any definition of always that I know of.  One says you need to complete the quest but that same guide also says you can still complete the quest after breaking her out, tried both on a first playthrough as well, still no luck.  I've tried turning it in, not turning it in, completing Naomi's with the cascade and completing it legit, none of that is working  I've also tried it on the prologue still (because I'm seriously sick of the opening scene by now) and still no luck.   At least someone who has successfully gotten it saying what they did could be helpful to make sure anyone who is having poor luck like myself is at least meeting the basic conditions and it's just RNG hating us and not a case of failing to meet a necessary condition for this event to trigger because it is either frustratingly rare, or I'm doing something wrong at this point and this is the main thing keeping me from the platinum at this point.

It would at least be nice to get a straight answer on do you complete the accepted quest or not?  If you do complete it, do you need to not turn it in until she's imprisoned, or turn it in and just don't have her join your party?

Edit: Did get it to finally happen.  You do have to complete but not turn in the event.  Since Naomi's is also required for Monster Slayer, what you'll want to do on a new save is save after reaching the Abyssian Mine.  Go in, accept her quest.  Go beat the bloodsucker brother and then head back to town.  Check to see if she's there, if she is, quit and reload the save and try again.  If she's not then it finally triggered.  Talk to the Abyssians until you get a fight with a monster in it so you can get that entry for the trophy (monster has to be defeated for it to register).  Then use wormhole to head back to the capital and free her for the trophy.  You can wormhole out and avoid having to deal with multiple fights as well.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

Late to the party, but curious; did you get the jailbreak during the Epilogue, or do you know if you can get the jailbreak event during the Epilogue? I’ve got everything else done (including the Jailbreak trophy), but I’m missing the monster that you can only fight if Naomi gets arrested. Been trying for a day and a half as you described, reloading at the entrance to the mines, do the quest, see if she’s still there, but no luck so far. Any other info or tips you have would be appreciated.

EDIT: Finally triggered it; after dozens of tries on my main save file (in the Epilogue) and a secondary save file (in the Main section), I started a third save file fresh, made a beeline for the mines as soon as possible and Naomi got jailed immediately. I don’t know how much of that is RNG and how much is a scripted high percentage, but on my very first playthrough, Sarah was jailed immediately (in the Prologue), while my second save nobody was jailed. It does seem to impact the girl you start a quest for first, from what I can tell.

Edited by Ashande
Trophy Unlocked
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I created a new save and did nothing but focus on Naomi.. as in i didn't get marry to the princess or did any other missions besides Naomi but instead of handing in the quest to her i let the 5 days run out and on the 2nd playthrough i went straight to her accepted the quest then slept with her in her house for 6 hours to pass (didn't use a Crimson Rose) defeat Bloodsucker and return to the village to find that she wasn't there.

IMPORTANT PART: with Naomi in prison talk to her villagers to face Snarl the ONE ENEMY that only spawns in her village which is needed for Monster Slayer Trophy i spent 48 hours trying to find this god damn monster not knowing that i had to speak to the villagers to get him to spawn omfg!!!!! so for people who are new to this game make this your up most priority everything else could come easily except this.

Proof: 

Edited by Rennikz