How big is your PS3 backlog?

ClintonLS90

Too many!. It's impossible to play them all. I constantly think about playing a game in my backlog until I get 2 trophies, then move on to the next game and keep going until I played every game I own. It would tank my completion %, but at least I would be able to say I played every game I own. It's better then owning 100's of games you've never played.

Edited by VanDeaM
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, rocam315 said:

I left only the ones that I really want to play and so the list is now down to 5.

I am in a similar boat (although not quite as small a list). I have been working on this backlog over the past few years - I set up the PS3 in a different room, and use it a few times a week. Right now I am down to about 20:

• Nier (in progress - only speedrun left for the plat)
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Beyond Two Souls
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia 2
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld
  • Zone of the Enders HD Collection
  • Risen 3
  • Bound by Flame
  • Sacred 3
  • Dragons Crown
  • Bionic Commando 2
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Mystara
  • Hitman Absoluton
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Labyrinth Legends
  • MGS3
  • MGS4
  • MGS: Peace Walker
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Thief
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Allow me to illustrate this with a handy chart:

bbacklog.jpg

LOL there could not be a more perfect way to say how ridiculous my backlog is! I haven't owned a PS3 in many years now, not to mention I don't own any of the games in the backlog, save for any digital ones I bought. So ya, I'm happy with my sub-60% completion rate and could care less about it ??

Edited by integra_93GS-R
  • Like 1

I only have about 4 or 5 to start. However I do have about 80 games that are about 90 plus percent which I really want to go back and finish, but I doubt I will. I have so many shitty grind for xx hours for some online trophy. I hate seeing them but I am pleased I got most of my back log out the way.

Used the opportunity to search how long it would take me to complete everything. Used the estimated time for platinum from the guides on PSN Profiles for most games, but some i had to use other sources due to the lack of a guide here:

Spoiler

- Mass Effect 1 (60hrs)
- Mass Effect 2 (40hrs)
- Mass Effect 3 (50hrs)
- Dragon Age Origins +DLC (97hrs)
- Dragon Age II (60hrs)
- Gran Turismo 6 (45hrs)
- Mortal Kombat (400hrs) *Online Done
- Virtua Tennis 4 (15hrs) *Online Done
- Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle (30hrs) *Online Done
- Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (30hrs) *Online Done
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (20hrs)
- Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because i Dont Know! (40hrs) ***Could be more due to freezing issues
- Demon's Souls (50hrs)
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue (35hrs)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (35hrs)
- God of War II (12hrs)
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (15hrs)
- God of War: Chains of Olimpus (10hrs)
- God of War: Ascension (10hrs) *Online Done
- ICO (10hrs)
- Shadow of the Colossus (50hrs)
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (30hrs)
- Spec Ops: The Line (15hrs)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (70hrs) *Online Almost Done
- Dead Space (25hrs)
- Dead Space 2 +DLC (43hrs)

Total: 1297hrs

• Like 1

I've been cleaning up my old PS3 games for over 2 years now so the backlog is getting smaller and smaller. These are all games that I had played way back when I was just a casual gamer and didn't care that much about trophies... so some of those games I only have 1 or 2 trophies on but since they are now sitting on my Profile and I don't want to start a new account, I'm going to play them and get them as close to completion as I can.

Here's whats left on the PS3 backlog as of today:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum (currently working on this one)

- Batman: Arkham City

- Batman: Arkham Origins

- The Last of Us

- Fight Night Champion

- Tony Hawk: Shred

- Midnight Club: Los Angeles

- Gran Turismo 5

- Rocksmith

- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

4 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I honestly don’t even want to know. I do know that I have over 3100 downloads, including DLC’s BEFORE PS4 games came to plus! 

I don't know either, and I don't want to know ><

Last I counted, for games I actually want to play and finish, my PS3 backlog is at about 17 games. It's more like 28 games though if I include all the games I have for it, but I think I'm very unlikely to play some of those games (especially since a handful of them are PS Plus games I'm not too interested in). However, I also have a lot of digital PS1 and PS2 classics in my PS3's backlog, so if you include all of those, it likely is nearing 80-90 games.

My PS4 backlog is literally at 329 games and counting right now. It's one of the main reasons why I think I may hold back on getting a PS5 at launch. I'd rather try and fully finish off a backlog for one of my systems first, since I have backlogs for a lot of my consoles dating back to the PS2.

• Like 1

About 30, there's a few games I'd like to have though but it's hard to come by some disc only games. Trying to get my PS4 backlog down a bit before I go back to PS3 but I'm getting there, there's like 50 for PS4.

I've got plans for at least 55 games.

• Absolute Supercars 
  • Batman Arkham City 
  • Batman Arkham Origins 
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock Infinite 
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow 
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow 
  • Crysis 
  • Demon Souls 
  • Dragon Age Origins 
  • Dragon Age 2 
  • Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen 
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution 
  • Deux Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut 
  • Dishonored
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • DMC Devil May Cry
  • Far Cry 4
  • Ferrari Racing Legends 
  • Ferrari Challenge Deluxe 
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 
  • Final Fantasy XIII 
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 
  • Grand Theft Auto IV 
  • Guacamelee 
  • God of War 3 
  • Kingdom of Amalur 
  • LA Noire 
  • Mafia 2 
  • Mass Effect  
  • Mass Effect 2 
  • Mass Effect 3 
  • Metro Last Light 
  • Mirror’s Edge 
  • Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands 
  • Prince of Persia Trilogy 
  • Prototype 
  • RAGE 
  • Ratchet Gladiator
  • Ratchet and Clank Trilogy
  • Resistance 3 
  • Resistance Fall of Man 
  • Red Dead Redemption GOTY
  • Saints Row The Third 
  • Superstars V8 Racing US
  • Splinter Cell Trilogy
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed II 
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy 
  • Thief
  • Yakuza 3 
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Zone of Enders HD Collection
  • Like 1

It's realistically about 5 games or less. As I grow older I just want to play games I actually want to play and look solid. I wanted to play Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z because of the name Ninja Gaiden in the title, but I realize that the game is terrible, so why would put myself through that? 

This is what I mean by games that I actually want to play. I would say that most of the games on my list are actually games that interest me and thought I would like. I'm open for new games of course and won't just stick to my old "preferences". Though gaming should be enjoyable and that is what I keep aiming for.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Allow me to illustrate this with a handy chart:

bbacklog.jpg

Lmao! xD

I went to look for a similar image to this after reading the title of this thread but noticed someone had already found it. THIS pretty much sums up my whole backlog perfectly. ??

Since I started trophy hunting three years ago, I’ve managed to gradually reduce my ps3 backlog from ~60 games to 16. All online trophies have been dealt with so no worries there. The only things stopping me now from 100% would be my ps3 suddenly deciding to kick the bucket or if Sony decides to can the entire ps3 network infrastructure.

Edited by MATT_THE_FLY

Mine isn't bad at all. It consists of three games I started but never got around to finishing and three games I want to start and complete one day. And two games I will replay on PS3 if I go for one of my gaming goals of getting the Platinum in every Final Fantasy game.

1. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (which is unfortunate now that there's a remastered PS4 version!)

2. Kingdom Hearts (also has a remastered version now....)

3. Ico

4. Kingdom Hearts II

5. Dead Space 3

6. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 

7. Final Fantasy XIII

8. Final Fantasy XIII-2

If the difficulty trophies stacked in the PS3 versions of Kingdom Hearts I would have more motivation to go back and finish them but knowing I'll have to complete each game at least THREE times kinda puts me off. I do plan on doing it one day and unlocking ALL the Kingdom Hearts platinum trophies at the same time but I think I'm only going to do the main games from the PS3 collections. 

I love Dead Space 1 and 2 on Xbox360 and immediately played them again once I started getting into Playstation trophies but I never went back to do the third game. I like it but not as much as the first two but I think one day I would like to play it again.

I also want to platinum EVERY Final Fantasy game so I'd have to replay FFXIII and XIII-2 on playstation after having already completed them on Xbox360. I never played Lightning Returns so that would be new to me. If they could just do a "remastered" collection of the FFXIII games I could cut the PS3 backlog down to just five games.

Edited by EPICRAGE