Latest patch made Dark Zone: Safe House and Platinum unobtainable - Thanks Ubisoft for being idiots.UPDATE: April 21st 2020 patch fixed this

So currently the Platinum is unobtainable due to the removal of Thieves' Den in the Dark Zone based on the Warlords of New York patch. Let Ubisoft know how much you appreciate them for doing this. 

EDIT: The latest patch on 4/21/2020 will fix this issue. Ubisoft are still idiots for making this an issue in the first place.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

I've never appreciated Ubisoft for creating this shit of lol after even lying to players by selling the Gold Edition where all the 1 Year Pass contents were free for everyone at the end. 

With also stupid and small add-ons all single player and not Dark Zone improved or PvP DLC. 

For who can't obtain the platinum right now: in lousy online only games, it's better being as fast as you can achieving the platinum, because you know the developers don't mind about trophies. 

Same as other games like Metal Gear Survive and Anthem, but the problem there is because there are few people online and you have to boost it with random groups found in Communities or friends

5 hours ago, PostalDudeRus said:

Ubisoft are EA-wanna-be but fails everytime even more.

Question is why people are buying their awful games. 

Actually Division 2 was pretty good looter-shooter. 
I bought it soon after release and even I'm not into this genre (and never played 1st one), I had really great time playing this

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

They very explicitly explained what the Gold edition gave, so that is definitely on you. It definitely was a rip off but people really don’t know how to research these days and it blatantly shows.

Apparently, wasn't " explicit " enough as many people fell that trap. Don't know about you but some other people have a life besides kissing Ubi's butt so chances are we missed wherever they " explicitly " explained what Gold edition gave. 
It's not a rocket science really, if l buy gold version, l expect to get all the incoming content. 

• Like 1

I'm really bummed because I had this game on my radar for a bit, and I have avoided most Multiplayer games because of crap like this. I picked it up on the massive sale recently and it scratches that itch for something similar to Destiny, and even though i dont have the same flexibility to play online like i did pre- kids, it still is solid playing solo and I've been having a blast. I was getting ready to do the DZ trophies and to find this out really irked me. Hopefully enough people will be vocal that they do something about it. I guess I'll have to finish what I can in hopes of them fixing it

19 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I'm really bummed because I had this game on my radar for a bit, and I have avoided most Multiplayer games because of crap like this. I picked it up on the massive sale recently and it scratches that itch for something similar to Destiny, and even though i dont have the same flexibility to play online like i did pre- kids, it still is solid playing solo and I've been having a blast. I was getting ready to do the DZ trophies and to find this out really irked me. Hopefully enough people will be vocal that they do something about it. I guess I'll have to finish what I can in hopes of them fixing it

I'm sure they will. It's just a matter of when at this point. They have a lot to fix with the Warlords expansion right now and that's a reasonable priority over a measly trophy. But they've done it in the past so that gives me hope.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I'm sure they will. It's just a matter of when at this point. They have a lot to fix with the Warlords expansion right now and that's a reasonable priority over a measly trophy. But they've done it in the past so that gives me hope.

I hope so, if anything I'll just leave a ticket with them just to help increase visibility of the issue. Work on the others before they get broken ? how long does DZ events usually take?

On 3/9/2020 at 1:32 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Ubisoft has changed trophy requirements in the past (Rainbow Six Siege) AND have reopened servers due to complaints (Splinter Cell Blacklist), so before you start with the pitchforks and torches, know what company you’re talking about. Yeah it sucks it’s unobtainable right now, hell, it’s the last trophy I need, but I have no doubt they’ll get to it eventually. They do take care or trophy/achievement hunters, but obviously fixing the actual game is a bigger priority.

Because, just an idea; but they aren’t awful games. *Gasp*

While they're generally pretty good about it, they don't always fix broken achievements/trophies

I've been posting on Reddit and got this from an employee:

"We don't have an update on this yet. As the achievements are weighted we need to find a similarly weighted activity to replace this."

So they are definitely aware atm. The best thing we can do is upvote and posts about the trophy being unobtainable and raise more awareness to make sure they don't forget to fix it.

• Like 3

On 11/03/2020 at 8:26 AM, MilanYildirim said:

Apparently, wasn't " explicit " enough as many people fell that trap. Don't know about you but some other people have a life besides kissing Ubi's butt so chances are we missed wherever they " explicitly " explained what Gold edition gave. 
It's not a rocket science really, if l buy gold version, l expect to get all the incoming content. 

Thats just foolish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've been posting on Reddit and got this from an employee:

"We don't have an update on this yet. As the achievements are weighted we need to find a similarly weighted activity to replace this."

So they are definitely aware atm. The best thing we can do is upvote and posts about the trophy being unobtainable and raise more awareness to make sure they don't forget to fix it.

They could very easily have the trophy be unlocked when you visit a vendor for the first time in the Dark Zone. 

On 3/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

You got all upcoming content, as promised in Year ONE. It's not any different then say a fighting game where if you get a Premium Edition day one, you get the first season pass and then if they release another, you have to pay for that second one as well. You don't have to be kissing Ubi's butt, it isn't rocket science to do research before buying a product and looking at what you exactly get.

On 3/9/2020 at 0:32 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Ubisoft has changed trophy requirements in the past (Rainbow Six Siege) AND have reopened servers due to complaints (Splinter Cell Blacklist), so before you start with the pitchforks and torches, know what company you’re talking about. Yeah it sucks it’s unobtainable right now, hell, it’s the last trophy I need, but I have no doubt they’ll get to it eventually. They do take care or trophy/achievement hunters, but obviously fixing the actual game is a bigger priority.

Well, for clarification's sake:

Division 2 developer: Massive Entertainment.

Rainbow Six Seige developer: Ubisoft Montreal.

Splinter Cell Blacklist developer: Ubisoft Toronto.

Ubisoft is the publisher of all 3 games, and not directly responsible for the development of all three games. In a way Ubisoft Montreal/Toronto is part of Ubisoft, but that doesn't necessarily mean they all employ the same exact people; an analogy would be, a grocery store might be a national chain, but that doesn't mean that each store is ran by the same people. Different people mean different choices in how they conduct themselves.

To that end, to come in and say "Oh I'm sure they'll fix it" is incredibly peculiar, because there is no guarantee that it will happen. Since the developers are 3 separate studios, one studio's actions does not necessarily indicate the actions of another. Since developers are the ones that are responsible for creating the game (the code, fixing any bugs, etc.), it's up to them to do anything about it, not Ubisoft. I can see Ubisoft potentially putting pressure on the developer to fix things, but I certainly don't have access to that kind of information or correspondence, so who knows.

Although this issue of "fixing things" doesn't bother me personally, since I don't have the Division 2, I just thought some of the commentary was kind of interesting to read. Fixing it is obviously the better idea because the PR team on either side (developer or publisher) should understand that bad press means consumers being less interested in their product, which has a potential negative impact on sales, whether that's for Division 2 or any other future release. The commentary written here almost reads as if things will get fixed for the reason of "being appreciative of their consumers", shedding the individuals responsible (whoever they are) in a positive light, which is not necessarily true; it's just wise business sense. To be truly appreciative of the consumer would be to not break things in the first place.

As to being fooled by the various editions AAA games like to label themselves with these days, I would agree that Ubisoft (the publisher, who I believe is at least partially responsible for marketing) did some questionable things with this game, and hence why I haven't bought it.

To do more "research", go to the PSN store and search for the original Division. You'll see that the "Gold Edition" explicitly states that it comes with all 3 purchasable DLC that was released along with the main game. Although it doesn't seem to be there anymore, I do recall seeing bundles for the Division 2, specifically the "Ultimate Edition" going for $120. When the sale of said Ultimate Edition was going on (prior to the Warlords DLC release), I distinctly recall the description saying "does not include Warlords DLC". I will admit that the Division 1 description does say "access to all 3 major expansions over the course of a year", but in that game that basically meant all content. Perhaps the ambiguity of the "Year One content" is really what is to blame in the conversation about editions.

So I can understand someone being mislead by that marketing. Considering the original $120 price tag that the Ultimate Edition had, and given the fact that the original entry of the series did market the editions the way almost all other publishers do (wrapping all the DLC into an "Ultimate" or "Gold" or w/e edition), I can see why someone would be upset by that.

It does get me curious to know what was truly offered in the original $120 version though.