Trophy/Game Discussion

Killbomb

33 minutes ago, Burzzz300 said:

I don’t appreciate the focus on DD...I don’t buy games with modes that milk people via micro transactions.  Easy pass again.

I'd much rather grind it out in offline DD than have to win a ton of games online.  

Wonder how long it will take to reach Silver Level 1 in the Universal Profile...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burzzz300 said:

I don’t appreciate the focus on DD...I don’t buy games with modes that milk people via micro transactions.  Easy pass again.

I agree with this. I played MLB The Show '06-'14 and then '17 (only because Griffey is my favorite player). The game has gone downhill since 2K stopped making baseball games (because now there is no competition and The Show has turned into Madden... they've gotten lazy). Too much focus on monetizing the game with microtransactions. I understand it's a business and when someone starts making money, it's easy to get greedy, but there's a line......and The Show definitely crossed it. 

I'm interested (but not hopeful) to see what they do with PS5. My guess is next year they wont add much, but focus on pretty new graphics as the selling point and hold back lots of content :(

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, closertim said:

It's so annoying,  highest I've gotten is 635 then I seem to be put up against pros for 5 games straight.  

Yeah I think my highest is 660 something or other. Just the other day I went from 615 down to 485. So working back up. I think I am like 530 now. I hope all the really good people are Day 1 adopters of MLB20. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FLCLcrim2 said:

Yeah I think my highest is 660 something or other. Just the other day I went from 615 down to 485. So working back up. I think I am like 530 now. I hope all the really good people are Day 1 adopters of MLB20. 

I'm hoping the same,  like you I went from 620 to 430 in 5 or so games.  I just couldn't hit the ball,  dropping the pci, swinging way too late.  Currently on a 3 game win streak though and back up to 530. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, Burzzz300 said:

Pretty much this.

I was stupid enough to buy microtransactions/lootboxes on Fallout Shelter before I realized you can just use the time skip exploit and get all the trophies with it. That will probably be the first and last Free to Play game I will have on my account.

I despise this move towards microtransactions. They have taken the whole Fantasy Football thing that was wildly popular in the past and basically said "Here, you need to do these things for the platinum, but we can make them a lot quicker and easily to obtain by buying our microtransactions".

Shame. Looks like MLB the Show 15 on Vita and MLB the Show 18 on PS4 will be the only games I will play and finish for now. If these Diamond Dynasty trophies aren't that bad then I will get MLB the Show 20 for a bargain bin price. I'm not paying full price for these baseball games, we already know MLB the Show 19 went on PlayStation Plus in just half a year after it was released.

Still would prefer trophies that test your skill and knowledge. Something like Madden Moments that was in the old NFL 2K Games title back on the PS2 would be nice. None of this dynasty crap.

Edited by Spaz

So I have most of the trophies or almost there;  I need to do the Vanquished/Conquest trophy- any advice for defeating this as quickly as possible?   Should you skip most of the rounds?  Do you actually have to play 9 inning games each time you try to conquer a team or steal fans etc?

I'm most of the way through my March to October season and I'm not even quite level 20 yet.  Its going to take awhile to get to level 100.  I want to create a RTTS character for fun.  What is the fastest way to get to level 100/Silver 1?   The weekly challenges and diamond dynasty stuff?

Concerning Vanquished, there is a pretty good video on YT which explains a strategy how to only having to play the stronghold games. It's on the starter map, but a similiar strategy could be used on the 1st inning one. Go on youtube and search for MovieGamingTV. The video should be about 2-3 days ago. However, for a first inning map, they made it pretty difficulty I have to say. A lot of people will be waiting for tge next one. You will get decent amount of xp in RTTS. You could also try completing the easier collections in DD.

Edited by Lowlands_Away
Missing info
  • Like 2