Rumor: Demon's Souls: Remastered

Mergo

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

I mean being invaded is not a fun thing for me never really enjoyed it in any of the souls games due to the fact people who have higher grade magics and stuff can kick your ass if it can go into walls and it makes it worse if your dealing with a human player as the old monk.

That's the real Demon's Souls. Sure, it can be frustrating, but I enjoyed getting invaded (if when I lost). I liked seeing random builds and testing my PvE against a rando's PvP build was usually really interesting. Maybe we get a DS HD and we'll run amuck in Boletaria.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

That's the real Demon's Souls. Sure, it can be frustrating, but I enjoyed getting invaded (if when I lost). I liked seeing random builds and testing my PvE against a rando's PvP build was usually really interesting. Maybe we get a DS HD and we'll run amuck in Boletaria.

My friend demons souls is just demons souls, there is pvp and pve some don't want both and just one, no need to gate keep and say that one is what makes the game, it is like saying because resident evil 1 was fixed cams and bad voice acting all of the others need it because that is what "makes" it the real game when it does not. it is a game. I played and enjoyed all the souls series and blood borne too having the power to play with others or help others was good and to me made it better.

• Like 2

I hate being invaded in my first playthrough tbh and I never summon any help. I just play alone relying fully on my personal skills. But I love when ppl leave funny notes around the game so it requires online. So password is a must have thing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dread Flower said:

I hate being invaded in my first playthrough tbh and I never summon any help. I just play alone relying fully on my personal skills. But I love when ppl leave funny notes around the game so it requires online. So password is a must have thing.

plus it makes it fun when you want to just play the game and have fun. I mean at the end of it having fun with the game is what is most important, I feel if you don't have fun or have to play a way that someone tells you and you don't enjoy it I think what is the point. I mean without help I couldn't deal with the blood borne chalice where your half hp and have to deal with armmigdala

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

My friend demons souls is just demons souls, there is pvp and pve some don't want both and just one, no need to gate keep and say that one is what makes the game

Easy buddy, no need to get all up in arms as I was genuinely offering a hand if you were interested (and if we ever got DS HD). If you feel that dismissing the most revolutionary aspect of the game is how you enjoy it, then I'm just glad you enjoy yourself (though I personally feel you're missing out on the experience). I didn't intend push my gate-keeping agenda on you and apologize for forcing you into such a defensive stance. Good luck.

13 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Easy buddy, no need to get all up in arms as I was genuinely offering a hand if you were interested (and if we ever got DS HD). If you feel that dismissing the most revolutionary aspect of the game is how you enjoy it, then I'm just glad you enjoy yourself (though I personally feel you're missing out on the experience). I didn't intend push my gate-keeping agenda on you and apologize for forcing you into such a defensive stance. Good luck.

Am not trying to go into a defensive stance I am just saying what is on my mind due to how you replied last, I mean I get what you mean but yeah, the way you worded it was like the next reply I will get is get good or something else on them lines as that is a lot of the hard core fan bases mind set, your a weak link if your asking for help on a boss or getting help or looking things up and or just playing in no pvp mode and so on and so on. Sorry if I went on and on just yeah.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Sorry if I went on and on just yeah.

'Sall good. You'd be hard-pressed to find another PS3 game with such a passionate following; I know some of them try hards get a raging boner over PvP. I just like being a blue phantom and helping people out. If I get the chance to eat an invader whole, that's just a bonus. :)

12 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

'Sall good. You'd be hard-pressed to find another PS3 game with such a passionate following; I know some of them try hards get a raging boner over PvP. I just like being a blue phantom and helping people out. If I get the chance to eat an invader whole, that's just a bonus. :)

True but for me am not a lover of invader's mostly due to the crap they can do due to having either a lot of op stuff early like the spell forget the name that goes past walls like the one in dark souls 2 and or used the soul suck glitch to have 99 in everything

4 hours ago, Dread Flower said:

Code Vein is the game I deffo won't be ever playing, the worst of all Souls like games period.

Because it's anime or it's legit bad? Asking because I was still thinking whether to get it or not (that customization tho is on point)

At this point, I'd be ok if they just let Demon Souls go. That game was a masterpiece on PS3, I'd rather them have a different game. Not sure you can appeal players other than the fanbase, considering Dark Souls 3 is years ahead technological wise.

Myself, I don't miss getting shanked by the scraping spear in PvP xD 

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Because it's anime or it's legit bad? Asking because I was still thinking whether to get it or not (that customization tho is on point)

Bcs the game looks really bad, textures drop, animations of items, outfits and other stuff just mostly wooden and drop into other textures and objects, graphics(not the game visual style) sucks, it's buggy as hell and just quite raw. Some textures really look like those were taken from Lineage 2 whereas other areas look a lot better. And yeah, also bcs it's anime, I hate it xD

Edited by Dread Flower
Needed to correct some spelling.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, dj_helyx said:

If this is true, I hope Bluepoint stays the hell away from Demon's Souls. All it needs is a graphical update and fresh servers.

You know, I've been playing SotC the last couple of days, and I have to agree with this. The last thing we need is some kind of slick Demon's Souls that loses everything Demon's Souls was.

I don't play a Souls game for Bayonetta.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:47 PM, dj_helyx said:

Password? Who you hiding from? You afraid some rando is gonna ram his Penetrating Sword in your Valley of Defilement?

LOL.

I hope that passwords stay the hell away, myself. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hope that passwords stay the hell away, myself. 

I understand some people don't like being invaded. A password system would help in that case, or, you could just play in soul form like the majority of people who don't want to be invaded.

Just now, dj_helyx said:

I understand some people don't like being invaded. A password system would help in that case, or, you could just play in soul form like the majority of people who don't want to be invaded.

Besides, if they don't fix that stupid world tendency, trophy hunters will be playing offline anyway (at least until they've collected everything).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Besides, if they don't fix that stupid world tendency, trophy hunters will be playing offline anyway (at least until they've collected everything).

Very true. It took me about a week before I realized that logging onto the Demon's Souls servers sent my WT back to neutral each time. Something as simple as launching into the game before signing into PSN was such an easy fix. It kinda irked me at first, but the peace of mind earned through this method was worth it.

• Like 1

Just now, dj_helyx said:

Very true. It took me about a week before I realized that logging onto the Demon's Souls servers sent my WT back to neutral each time. Something as simple as launching into the game before signing into PSN was such an easy fix. It kinda irked me at first, but the peace of mind earned through this method was worth it.

LOL. I platted this game three times, and never knew you could do that. ?

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 9:18 PM, Igloo_Smasher said:

Blue point is amazing at remaking games so I hope this is true. Demons souls was my first ever platinum. If there isnt the dupe glitch idk if I'll bother platting again though, I dont want to do all that farming.

They might change the trophies as well. They did for SotC. We might finally get that elusive SL1 trophy, or a no-death trophy, etc.

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

They might change the trophies as well. They did for SotC. We might finally get that elusive SL1 trophy, or a no-death trophy, etc.

Man, I'd love that. I'd love more if they keep everything obtainable offline/solo though, so hopefully no "kill invaders" or "help hosts" kind of trophies, unless they add NPC Blue Phantoms and PBWT NPC Black Phantoms count.