100% now that in game currency is no longer purchasable?

GoodVulture

It is impossible to 100% it without having purchased the platinum currency or season pass now. It would take over a year of daily/weekly platinum challenges for you to accumulate enough of it to get everything for free, with the fact that the servers are shutting in January next year, you don't have enough time now to 100% it. But if the game ever gets the stat saving error again, you can use that to your advantage to keep repeating platinum challenges to get the currency for free. But when the stat saving error happens, it does make the rest of the trophies unobtainable for that period due to not keeping your progress for lore challenges or chapter completions. The season pass did come in code format and was available on Amazon.co.uk when I bought it, maybe if you look around a lot you'll find the code somewhere online.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

I will quote @AJ_-_808 on this from the other thread, but..

If/when the servers are unstable, even though the match results dont save, if you happen to finish a mission that rewards platinum (or credits), you still get the reward.  It would be possible to re-complete the same mission for platinum currency indefinitely as long as the servers dont save.

It could be possible to get infinite amount of platinum currency by repeating the same quest in a time when the stats don't save. However the servers have been stable for 1+ month and the method is a tad unreliable and then you still need good servers after to register lore progress after you bought the DLC.

The 100% is still possible if you are a new player, but the road to having the DLC is now a real pain.

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I will quote @AJ_-_808 on this from the other thread, but..

It could be possible to get infinite amount of platinum currency by repeating the same quest in a time when the stats don't save. However the servers have been stable for 1+ month and the method is a tad unreliable and then you still need good servers after to register lore progress after you bought the DLC.

The 100% is still possible if you are a new player, but the road to having the DLC is now a real pain.

I consider it risky for a person to pounce on the opportunity for free platinum when the servers have the stats error, because now that they aren't selling anything for real money on the game anymore, they won't be profiting from it at all. The risk with it now is that if it becomes that way again then 2K/Gearbox probably won't fix the servers when they have no incentive to and you probably won't avoid earning some trophies while trying to exploit platinum currency.

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I consider it risky for a person to pounce on the opportunity for free platinum when the servers have the stats error, because now that they aren't selling anything for real money on the game anymore, they won't be profiting from it at all. The risk with it now is that if it becomes that way again then 2K/Gearbox probably won't fix the servers when they have no incentive to and you probably won't avoid earning some trophies while trying to exploit platinum currency.

To add to that last point: even when the save error occurs you still accumulate player/character XP and certain other progress, so trying to exploit the issue for "free" platinum currency while not popping any trophies would indeed be walking a fine line. I believe Dressed for Success would probably be the one to spoil it since there are so many things that contribute to earning one champion skin or another.

If this method is useful for anyone, it would probably be someone who already started the game and just needs some extra platinum for the 100%. An edge case to say the least.

• Like 2